SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

SCSU is coming off a must needed sweep. Denver was swept by Nebraska-Omaha.

If history prevails, this will be a split series even though SCSU needs to start sweeping.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Re: SCSU @ Denver Jan 16 & 17 ...Meh

No love lost between these two teams.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

113 views and 1 reply. Quite a few people interested in this series, but apparently not interested enough to contribute to any kind of conversation.

Figures. Denver fans probably have nothing to say because they know their team's season is going to be pretty much finished after this weekend. No Sam Brittain to save them from irrelevance now. Just the undeniable realization that their program screwed up majorly by letting Gwoz leave.

SCSU SWEEP
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Denver isn't a part of NCHC.tv are they? How do I watch these games?

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
          Denver isn't a part of NCHC.tv are they? How do I watch these games?
          ROOT.

Although I think one of the two games will be on NCHC.tv
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

DU should rebound after last weekend's snafu in Nebraska. That, combined with the shock waves still being felt around here from the Sunday performance of the Colorado NFL franchise .... We need some glimmer of hope this week. I can't see the Huskies getting 2 wins. It should be a light crowd, surprise surprise.
            I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
              DU should rebound after last weekend's snafu in Nebraska. That, combined with the shock waves still being felt around here from the Sunday performance of the Colorado NFL franchise .... We need some glimmer of hope this week. I can't see the Huskies getting 2 wins. It should be a light crowd, surprise surprise.
              Didn't see the DU @ UNO series, but I feel like Omaha is a good team that's been fortunate to get some of their results. There's no way that watching the hockey played we deserved to get swept there, wouldn't be surprised if the same can be said for DU.

I expect a split but honestly if one team were to get 4 or more points, I actually like SCSU's chances more than DU's. That being said, no result would shock me… other than SCSU getting 5 points, 'cause that'd require a shootout win.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                Didn't see the DU @ UNO series, but I feel like Omaha is a good team that's been fortunate to get some of their results. There's no way that watching the hockey played we deserved to get swept there, wouldn't be surprised if the same can be said for DU.

I expect a split but honestly if one team were to get 4 or more points, I actually like SCSU's chances more than DU's. That being said, no result would shock me… other than SCSU getting 5 points, 'cause that'd require a shootout win.
                I don't know what your definition of "fortunate" is, but, rallying to win after being down 3-0 with 5:31 left in the 2nd one night (with your 3rd string goalie playing the last half of the game, starting with the moment when you actually went down 3-0) and them winning 1-0 the next night with your 2nd string goalie in the net replacing your Hobey-Baker-candidate starting goalie isn't "fortunate" in my book. There is another word for this, but, "fortunate" would not be my word of choice.

UNO's freshman class has scored more points (66) than that of any other D-1 team's freshman class in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                  I don't know what your definition of "fortunate" is, but, rallying to win after being down 3-0 with 5:31 left in the 2nd one night (with your 3rd string goalie playing the last half of the game, starting with the moment when you actually went down 3-0) and them winning 1-0 the next night with your 2nd string goalie in the net replacing your Hobey-Baker-candidate starting goalie isn't "fortunate" in my book. There is another word for this, but, "fortunate" would not be my word of choice.

UNO's freshman class has scored more points (66) than that of any other D-1 team's freshman class in the nation.
                  I think his definition in this instance is winning a game that you were outplayed in. That happens sometimes in hockey.

What does UNO's freshman class scoring have anything to do with the things being discussed here?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

I think you have SCSUEuro confused as a Denver fan. I believe he was talking about the SCSU/UNO Friday night - shots 49 - 23.
                    He even says in his comment that he didn't see the DU/UNO series- based on what he saw UNO vs SCSU.

The Saturday boxscore against Denver would seem to indicate you supporting his argument. Being outplayed and playing your second string goalie and still winning would seem pretty fortunate to most people. Just like a lot of people in St. Cloud thought Bob was crazy playing our second string Reilola and even though we outplayed them we still felt fortunate to hold on and beat Miami Saturday night.
                    Last edited by hockeykrazy; 01-13-2015, 07:46 AM.

Comment

TV Schedule

Friday - ROOT Sports

Saturday - Live stream on Pio Vision and NCHC.TV
                      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

The UNO/Denver series may have been a season definer for both teams. We can only hope it doesn't start a complete collapse for the year. Denver can still make this season a good one if they can recover, but time is running out.
                        Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

For the record, I was not saying UNO is a bad team. In fact, to this point of the season I think they've been better than my club. But yes I feel they have had fortune go their way a few times and I also feel they are fortunate to be ahead of the likes of North Dakota, Duluth and Miami to this point, all 3 of which I think have been better than UNO.

As far as Denver and St. Cloud go, these two teams play 4 more times before the end of the season. That's 12 points sitting out there, and I doubt the loser of this 4-game series gets home ice. Honestly, neither might. I wanna win 2 series in a row but if we win Friday I feel Denver's too good and too desperate to lose again on Saturday. Even with a runny nose I smell a split.

Comment

For the record, I was not saying UNO is a bad team. In fact, to this point of the season I think they've been better than my club. But yes I feel they have had fortune go their way a few times and I also feel they are fortunate to be ahead of the likes of North Dakota, Duluth and Miami to this point, all 3 of which I think have been better than UNO.

As far as Denver and St. Cloud go, these two teams play 4 more times before the end of the season. That's 12 points sitting out there, and I doubt the loser of this 4-game series gets home ice. Honestly, neither might. I wanna win 2 series in a row but if we win Friday I feel Denver's too good and too desperate to lose again on Saturday. Even with a runny nose I smell a split.
                            I think I agree with you
                            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

That wasn't the way I was taking it either. The point I was trying to make is that UNO hasn't been fortunate, really,--they've been pretty darn good with a few stinkers I expected (for such a young team)--On the backs of that freshman class that leads the NCAA's in freshmen scoring. I don't think a fortunate team wins games like I described. I think you have to be pretty good, in general, to win games in those situations I described.

Definitely not trying to pick a fight here.

Comment

Working...
                              X