Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad Cop, Bad Cop, Whatcha gonna do?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    That has to be the worst "team cheerleader" picture ever taken. What, the city landfill wasn't available that day?
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

What's with those two cheerleaders flashing gang signs? Seems pretty deviant to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        That has to be the worst "team cheerleader" picture ever taken. What, the city landfill wasn't available that day?
        On their knees in an alley. I'd call it prescient.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

On their knees in an alley. I'd call it prescient.
          Yeah, but there's the conflicting No Parking Any Time sign in background, pointed right at the one girl's head. Or maybe they just mean that there shouldn't be any ear play.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Political speech gets deemed "controversial" based on the political correctness standards of the community. Wearing a "these colors don't run" or "gun control is using both hands" or other knuckledragger malarkey message is fine because that's blessed by the shibboleths of the community. But wear something that challenges the power structure and now that's "dangerous" or "provocative" or at best "bad manners." That's the ordinary double standard that conservatives will always benefit from.
            Yeah, it's not like kids get suspended for wearing NRA shirts or anything. Schools are just way too conservative these days...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              Yeah, it's not like kids get suspended for wearing NRA shirts or anything. Schools are just way too conservative these days...
              Forgive me for not being aware of what must have been the Fox poutrage of the day some time ago...

The NRA gets a woody just thinking about any sort of "oppression" they can winge about. Talk about a license to vacuum a few more millions out of the pockets of their clientele.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

More fun with the boys in blue.

It's only a matter of time before filming cops is made illegal. You know, for national security.
                Last edited by Kepler; 12-31-2014, 10:00 AM.
                Cornell University

Comment

More fun with the buys in blue.

It's only a matter of time before filming cops is made illegal. You know, for national security.
                  "What are you dancing in the street for?" another asked.
                  Where's Kevin Bacon when you need him?

Comment

In all, the report found that 126 federal, local, tribal and territorial officers were killed in the line of duty in 2014. That’s a 24 percent jump from last year’s 102 on-duty deaths.

... included 15 ambush assaults, ...
                    Source: National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Source: National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund
                      126 out of ~800,000 sworn officers nationwide. That's about .015%. While even 1 is too many, that actually doesn't seem like all that high of a rate for a "dangerous" profession.

How many people were killed by cops?

Oh wait, we can't know, because for some reason police aren't required to track that sort of thing.
                      Last edited by unofan; 01-01-2015, 12:20 PM.

Comment

At 0.015%, cops would have to kill 45,000+ people a year. I'm not sure what you're getting at.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          126 out of ~800,000 sworn officers nationwide. That's about .015%. While even 1 is too many, that actually doesn't seem like all that high of a rate for a "dangerous" profession.

How many people were killed by cops?

Oh wait, we can't know, because for some reason police aren't required to track that sort of thing.
                          Uh ... we know. From earlier in this thread ...

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Say 1450 people killed by police (5/1/13 to 8/25/14 -- Kepler approved source ). Pro-rate that back to 12 months and it's about 1100 people.

In 2012, 10,322 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States. (Source)

When I dare get out of bed in the morning, am I more worried about a cop shooting me or getting killed by a drunk driver?

The numbers say I'm roughly 10x more likely to be killed by the drunk driver. Worse? If I'm confronted by a cop I know the cop is armed. So, which drivers around me are drunk?

File this under: "EBOLA'S GONNA KILL US ALL!" hysteria.
                          That's 0.00344% (to save dxm from the math).

Or, a cop is about 4.5 times more likely to be killed by the public than the public is to be killed by a cop.
                          Last edited by The Sicatoka; 01-01-2015, 01:54 PM.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

More fun with the boys in blue.
                            "Dream big, become Legend"? Oh the horror... the horror. It's difficult for us to imagine the agonies of living in an oppressive police state like New York City where you have to work hard for a good 20 minutes to get a shove on film.
                            Did you notice the victim's speech was all dubbed over with the ominous police state music? I doubt he even gets an indictment.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              "Dream big, become Legend"? Oh the horror... the horror. It's difficult for us to imagine the agonies of living in an oppressive police state like New York City where you have to work hard for a good 20 minutes to get a shove on film.
                              Did you notice the victim's speech was all dubbed over with the ominous police state music? I doubt he even gets an indictment.
                              Why should he have gotten any response at all? He was dancing in public. Since when does that require a police response?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                Why should he have gotten any response at all? He was dancing in public. Since when does that require a police response?
                                Was he crying "Fire!" in a crowded theater?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X