Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad Cop, Bad Cop, Whatcha gonna do?

"What do we want?" "Dead cops." "When do we want it?" "Now."

Got your wish. And just in time for Christmas, too.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      It's supposed to.
      It's making me said but not for that reason.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Kiss the first amendment goodbye. http://thefreethoughtproject.com/beg...facebook-post/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Is Facebook considered a public entity, or a private board (similar to this one)? That's a BIG factor. If he said that on his own blog or whatever...that would be different, to my knowledge.

Edit: also would have to check out the Terms Of Service which he agreed to, to be part of Facebook.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            See the SCOTUS thread for a similar Massachusetts case.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The ACLU quickly jumped on the case and argued that his post was protected by the First Amendment, leading to charges being dropped.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Is Facebook considered a public entity, or a private board (similar to this one)? That's a BIG factor. If he said that on his own blog or whatever...that would be different, to my knowledge.

Edit: also would have to check out the Terms Of Service which he agreed to, to be part of Facebook.
                It's considered a public space. We had a similar conversation to this a few years ago concerning message boards specifically. Facebook might be different if he limited who could see his post, but that might even be debatable.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  It's considered a public space. We had a similar conversation to this a few years ago concerning message boards specifically. Facebook might be different if he limited who could see his post, but that might even be debatable.
                  Ok I didn't know, given the IPO a while back. Here, GPL, etc...that's a private board. So 1st Amendment cannot be applied. Now the question would be, the TOS agreement.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• The only shocking thing is this was a Fox affiliate rather than Fox News

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...est-kill-a-cop

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Ok I didn't know, given the IPO a while back. Here, GPL, etc...that's a private board. So 1st Amendment cannot be applied. Now the question would be, the TOS agreement.
                      1st Amendment applies as soon as he's arrested. It doesn't matter where something is said, but who's taking the adverse action.

When we say the first amendment doesn't apply here, for instance, we're saying your post can be censored because it's a private board. If you were arrested for something posted on here, though, you could still raise the first amendment as a defense, because it's not USCHO taking that action but a government.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                        You should have read the article more closely, charges being dropped was related to a previous incident, not the one in question.

Comment

Here we go again... https://bayareaintifada.wordpress.co...uis/#more-5975

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Is Facebook a private board? Yes. They may refuse the right to service. Which means, the appropriate charges would be for trespassing. In this case, a domestic terrorist was bothered by a paraphrase of Lewis Carroll, and decided to take action on his own. In that amount of time, there's no way Zuckerberg could have pressed anything.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              1st Amendment applies as soon as he's arrested. It doesn't matter where something is said, but who's taking the adverse action.

When we say the first amendment doesn't apply here, for instance, we're saying your post can be censored because it's a private board. If you were arrested for something posted on here, though, you could still raise the first amendment as a defense, because it's not USCHO taking that action but a government.
                              It's not that the first amendment doesn't apply so much as it's that the ninth amendment applies to USCHO.com, given it is their property. Our freedom of speech does not deny or abridge USCHO's freedom of speech.

Comment

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15vqUf6H-po

Go to 1:38 and stop it; look beside the "9" in "Camera 29" (you may have to go full screen as the resolution not great):

There's the guy who raised a handgun and pointed it at a cop at close range.
                                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 12-24-2014, 07:34 AM.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X