Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bad Cop, Bad Cop, Whatcha gonna do?

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Yeah, which is why saying they're trained to be ready for anything is, pardon the pun, a cop out. Their training should not make them so itchy that they shoot first and ask questions later (Cleveland), or escalate a situation that had no reason to be violent (Garner).

If their excuse is "that's what I was trained to do" then maybe we need to seriously consider overhauling their training.
    Agree in CLE, disagree in StL.

The NY case (not the assassination; referring to the robbery) is a whole 'nother animal in this discussion.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Link

In a cell phone recording by John Houghtaling, New York state trooper—identified as Officer Rosenblatt—threatens to find a way for the DA’s office to arrest Houghtaling if he didn’t stop recording.

As Officer Rosenblatt approaches, Houghtaling asks, “How’s it going?”

Officer Rosenblatt responds, “Put the phone down.”

“Put the phone down… why?” asks Houghtaling.

“Because I said so.”

“Am I not allowed to record, Officer?”

Officer Rosenblatt does not directly respond, but rather blocks the view of the camera with his hand, and begins to order Houghtaling to open his window. Houghtaling assures the officer he can hear him just fine as the officer continues to insist he roll his window down. When Houghtaling asks for his badge number, Rosenblatt refuses to respond.

Finally, Houghtaling asks, “Am I being detained?”

Officer Rosenblatt replies, “I’m stopping you for a traffic violation, open your window and give me your license and registration.”

Houghtaling responds accordingly, and immediately begins to retrieve the requested paperwork.

As Houghtaling gets into his glove-box, Officer Rosenblatt asks, “Are you the same one who thought it was a good idea to come in my station and videotape us for some reason?”

“Am I legally obligated to answer that question?” Houghtaling asks.

Officer Rosenblatt merely stares at him for a few seconds before saying, “How about if I see you post this on Youtube, I’ll find a way for the DA’s office to arrest you.”

Comment

Shooting a 7-year-old child. Yep, got away with it, too. http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/1...stanley-jones/

Comment

While there are certainly some undesirable outcomes in the tens of millions of interactions between cops and citizens every year, IMO cherry picking the worst of them gives a false impression. Interesting criminal case from Chicago. Cop is on trial for using beanbag rounds to subdue a 95-year old man. The old guy subsequently died. What's somewhat noteworthy here is the officer is black, the old man was white. Although race is apparently not part of the case. Somehow it just seems that young fit cops should be able to subdue a guy nearing 100 without killing him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...113-story.html
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

More crap from you know who.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              But...but...but it can't be! The Dark Lord is dead, has been for years, Dumbledore!
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Surprised the cops didn't shoot her.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Surprised the cops didn't shoot her.
                  Nah she looks white

(its a joke calm the F down!)
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Nah she looks white

(its a joke calm the F down!)
                    You do know the Eric Holder race baiting was a lie, yes?

Comment

Karma's a female dog. http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...s_ago_when.php

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        He's lucky he's white. He would have been dead.

So one more person figures it out. I guess if the cops keep it up, one by one eventually everybody will.

They serve us; we do not serve them.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

He's lucky he's white. He would have been dead.

So one more person figures it out. I guess if the cops keep it up, one by one eventually everybody will.

They serve us; we do not serve them.
                          There is no longer such a thing as checks and balances. Especially when, if these cases ever go to court, the prosecution is prosecuting themselves.

Comment

This doesn't look too good.

Comment

Only a matter of time before it becomes a crime to film an officer committing a crime.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Only a matter of time before it becomes a crime to film an officer committing a crime.
                                They already claim that now in Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                                X