X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Explain it to me. Explain how we're murdering our future generations at a rate that the killing machines of state sponsored warfare cannot approach. Explain how we look at the number of war dead in horror, decry the wanton killing of innocent children, yet celebrate with glee the willful termination of a pregnancy. Yes, explain it to me.

I'm interested on reading on how almost 700K dead future humans in a year is not a tragedy but a statistic.
    I would also add that starting with this hyperbolic type language basically shuts down a discussion before starting. It makes mother nature are real monster if you equate a blastocyst and an embryo to an "innocent child."
    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Meanwhile, can/will anyone defend/counter argue the numbers that I posted?

We removed in one year almost 700K future members of our society because they were inconvenient, unwanted or defective.

Please explain on how this is acceptable behaviour?
      Because in a country of 300,000,000, lots of crazy stuff happens, and neither you nor the Catholic Church gets to decide what everyone else should be forced to do.

And there's the whole problem of where you stop your argument. For every abortion, there are probably hundreds of pregnancies prevented by birth control. Are those millions of missing kids as well?

How about natural miscarriages? Do those need to be tracked, and each one given a funeral? (Mike Pence to the red courtesy phone).

The church's position is abstinence only. That seems to be preventing a decent amount of future members of society, too. So why are you only concerned about abortions?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Explain it to me. Explain how we're murdering our future generations at a rate that the killing machines of state sponsored warfare cannot approach. Explain how we look at the number of war dead in horror, decry the wanton killing of innocent children, yet celebrate with glee the willful termination of a pregnancy. Yes, explain it to me.

I'm interested on reading on how almost 700K dead future humans in a year is not a tragedy but a statistic.
        Explain to me how the GOP doesn't give a flying eff about any one of them once they leave the womb and we can start the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
          It makes mother nature are real monster if you equate a blastocyst and an embryo to an "innocent child."
          God is the universe's most prolific abortionist.

Also, "Blastocyst" is a good name for a band.

Edit: Yup.

(As an influence they list Aborted.)
          Last edited by Kepler; 10-21-2016, 05:33 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

(baby) bump
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

With Trump as President, does Roe get overturned?
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                Yes. He just needs to replace Scalia and turn over one seat.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

No. He would need to amend the Constitution or get the SCOTUS to overturn their prior ruling(s). There is no way that he has the political collateral or will to take on either of those options.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    No. He would need to amend the Constitution or get the SCOTUS to overturn their prior ruling(s). There is no way that he has the political collateral or will to take on either of those options.
                    He will likely get 2-3 SCOTUS nominations, and he said he would nominate judges he considered to be likely to overturn Roe v Wade.

Why do you think he won't follow through?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      Why do you think he won't follow through?
                      He won't follow through on his own volition, since Roe has undoubtedly saved him from a few bastard kids. Pence will tell him what to do, and then he'll do it. So, goodbye SCOTUS.

As for Roe, we'll see.

Comment

What the heck would make you think they would even seek this out?! Is this just another one of the feminazi scare tactics by the mainstream media to scare you into voting for the globalist?

Comment

No.

SCOTUS only rules on cases brought before it. Before they'd have a chance to rule on an abortion case, there'd have to be a case in the first place. Since Roe v Wade is now the law of the land, what kind of case could there be that would wind up on their docket?
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            No.

SCOTUS only rules on cases brought before it. Before they'd have a chance to rule on an abortion case, there'd have to be a case in the first place. Since Roe v Wade is now the law of the land, what kind of case could there be that would wind up on their docket?
                            Add to that, as unofan mentioned in another thread, so many challenges to the law in regards to "reasonable" restrictions/access have been heard recently. Barring any unforeseen health issues, the Chief Justice isn't going anywhere, and I'm willing to bet he'd just not accept those cases, leaving them to stand on prior SCOTUS rulings.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              No.

That's easy, the next case involving state restrictions that gets appealed to it once the conservative wing thinks it had a shot of winning. They can throw some dicta in about Roe being ripe for review in light of new legal and medical developments, and invite a state to pass a law banning abortion to work its way to the court. There's only about 20 or so that would be eager to do so. Some might even have laws on the books still, and it would just be a matter of the state restarting enforcement of them.

That won't happen until they get someone new to replace Kennedy, RBG, or Breyer, though, because as it stands, they know Kennedy will side with the liberal wing on anything going too far.

And there's no guarantees that the new justices, or even Roberts, would be up for an outright overturn. But procedurally, it's easy to do.

In other words, the left really needs to hope those three justice's health holds out (at least) four more years.
                              Last edited by unofan; 11-09-2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                That's easy, the next case involving state restrictions that gets appealed to it once the conservative wing thinks it had a shot of winning. They can throw some dicta in about Roe being ripe for review in light of new legal and medical developments, and invite a state to pass a law banning abortion to work its way to the court. There's only about 20 or so that would be eager to do so. Some might even have laws on the books still, and it would just be a matter of the state restarting enforcement of them.

That won't happen until they get someone new to replace Kennedy, RBG, or Breyer, though, because as it stands, they know Kennedy will side with the liberal wing on anything going too far.

And there's no guarantees that the new justices, or even Roberts, would be up for an outright overturn. But procedurally, it's easy to do.

In other words, the left really needs to hope those three justice's health holds out (at least) four more years.
                                Thanks. It's been a while since poli sci at NMU.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X