This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    My plan is simpler: get government out of vaginas that aren’t theirs.

Either that or all men when born get mandatory but reversible vasectomies. Upon completion of an evaluation of their competency to father a child, insurance will cover 100% of the costs.

Take it then that dx supports euthanasia as well?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

My plan is simpler: get government out of vaginas that aren’t theirs.

Either that or all men when born get mandatory but reversible vasectomies. Upon completion of an evaluation of their competency to father a child, insurance will cover 100% of the costs.
      Evaluation panel is 100% women over age 50, too!!

Comment

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Take it then that dx supports euthanasia as well?
        To the extent the government should butt the **** out, yes.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

To the extent the government should butt the **** out, yes.

Comment

I think if the states want to keep their laws fine...next time the Dems have control of the Federal Government they should pass a law that states that if a mother is denied an abortion in the first trimester and the baby is brought to term then they are entitled to state funds to pay for childcare. If the baby is born into a low income situation then they are to receive state sponsored welfare.

if States want babies to be born fine...they can friggin pay for them then. These Right to Lifers can use their tax dollars to help out the babies they so care for.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Can federal law dictate state spending as proposed???

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I think if the states want to keep their laws fine...
                Sorry, but at a bare minimum I don't think it's "fine" that a woman be forced to carry to term any unviable, life-threatening, rape-related, and/or incest-related pregnancy in any part of this country.

Comment

Do people think this will significantly affect that 53% of white women who voted Republican? Honest question.

All that would need to happen to create a "permanent Democratic majority" is 20% of those women switching from R to D. .2 x .53 x .5 x .77 = .04, and a 4-point defection is an 8-point swing. That's the Presidency (and eventually the Court) and swings of 10 Senate seats and 50 House seats. And it's forever since R can't change its position on abortion; they are anti-abortion to their core.

Are those women truly anti-abortion (after all, many women are because of religious indoctrination) or are they ideologically allied to R but also, well, women, who can see their rights and their agency being taken away by men?
                  Last edited by Kepler; 05-19-2019, 07:49 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No
                    Mookie bets that 53% of white women voted for just this reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Do people think this will significantly affect that 53% of white women who voted Republican? Honest question.

All that would need to happen to create a "permanent Democratic majority" is 20% of those women switching from R to D. .2 x .53 x .5 x .77 = .04, and a 4-point defection is an 8-point swing. That's the Presidency (and eventually the Court) and swings of 10 Senate seats and 50 House seats. And it's forever since R can't change its position on abortion; they are anti-abortion to their core.

Are those women truly anti-abortion (after all, many women are because of religious indoctrination) or are they ideologically allied to R but also, well, women, who can see their rights and their agency being taken away by men?
                      Guessing many of those 53% have daughters who might get knocked up early

Comment

I suspect a good number of those 53% think that men should think for them.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Sorry, but at a bare minimum I don't think it's "fine" that a woman be forced to carry to term any unviable, life-threatening, rape-related, and/or incest-related pregnancy in any part of this country.
                          You have to read the rest of the post...it is only fine under one circumstance which is not possible. (the Fed forcing the States to pay for the baby they wouldnt allow aborted) I put it that way for a reason

(in case you dont get it...it cant happen so they shouldnt be allowed to keep their laws)
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Guessing many of those 53% have daughters who might get knocked up early
                            Yeah but those daughters can get abortions...just like the staffers who get knocked up by Pro-Life politicians get them as well. Those abortions are done in the name of the common good
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Yeah but those daughters can get abortions...just like the staffers who get knocked up by Pro-Life politicians get them as well. Those abortions are done in the name of the common good
                              Do as I say, not as I do. The GOP motto for four decades.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I suspect a good number of those 53% think that men should think for them.
                                Yes and no. Just like some men are born and raised to be janitors and construction grunts, some women are born and raised to be brood sows and diner waitresses. Just like Cleetus being jealous of billionaire industrial polluter Blake M. McButtofocco III and his playboy sons who bought their way into Harvard and Yale, it pi55es off Peggy Sue just as much (if not even more) that there are women who got to go to college, and marry rich men, and have more opportunities at the game of life than she did.

Comment

Working...
                                X