• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Disappointed this didn't get a....baby bump

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      Disappointed this didn't get a....baby bump
      +1
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Obviously satire, but meant to raise awareness

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progres...F5bhsxkKjGF.01
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Indiana now requires this bullshizzle.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Indiana now requires this bullshizzle.
            Which is ridiculous anyway. In my experience, the women who have had one have it in their record with either their PCP or OB-GYN (or both). Just another way to shame women.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
              Which is ridiculous anyway. In my experience, the women who have had one have it in their record with either their PCP or OB-GYN (or both). Just another way to shame women.
              Agreed. We already document if it is relevant and do not document it if it's not. For the most part, I do not need the government telling me what or how I need to document things...I already have ambulance chasing lawyers dictating much of that!
              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Jon Oliver main story tonight was dead on.
                If you hate abortion, you should love birth control.
                It’s about controlling women.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Jon Oliver main story tonight was dead on.
                  If you hate abortion, you should love birth control.
                  It’s about controlling women.
                  This is a drive by. I don't like either. If it (birth) happens, it happens. I'm of the crowd where if you have the sex, you know and take the risks. Yes, I have child at this point, a beautiful son. I don't like either option mentioned that has been morphed into easy peasy birth control. It's not a religious thing. You make that sort of decision (the sex) you deal with ALL the consequences.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This is 100% a bunch of knuckle dragging men saying, “Keep your legs shut, sl-t!” In a complete vacuum you might be right. But considering everything else Republicans do, this is undeniable. Transvaginal ultrasounds, permanent notations on their medical records, mandatory waiting periods. Many of these laws are tantamount to the government assaulting women.

This is the modern version of The Scarlet Letter.

How you can be against birth control is beyond me.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      This is a drive by. I don't like either. If it (birth) happens, it happens. I'm of the crowd where if you have the sex, you know and take the risks. Yes, I have child at this point, a beautiful son. I don't like either option mentioned that has been morphed into easy peasy birth control. It's not a religious thing. You make that sort of decision (the sex) you deal with ALL the consequences.
                      If it's not a religious objection, why do you oppose birth control? Because it's very convenient for you to carry that position considering you, as a man, don't have to deal with the consequences. And no, having to pay child support 9 months down the line doesn't count, so don't even pull up that "men's rights" canard.

Comment

You make that sort of decision (the sex) you deal with ALL the consequences.
                        At least we have one honest Pro Lifer. A kid is punishment for sex. Now, why sex requires punishment is a matter that is fundamentally cultural, if not religious.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          If it's not a religious objection, why do you oppose birth control? Because it's very convenient for you to carry that position considering you, as a man, don't have to deal with the consequences. And no, having to pay child support 9 months down the line doesn't count, so don't even pull up that "men's rights" canard.
                          I don't think this actually is fundamentally religious or misogynistic. There are elements of those, sure, but I think the root cause is that some brains take natural conditions as a given that we should not improve on because that is inherently unstable or even wrong. This is the same sentiment that opposed sulfa drugs for venereal diseases because those diseases are the risk of sexual irresponsibility. It's adjacent to the whole back to nature strain of western culture that has accompanied industrialization.

It's not an entirely bad or even irrational impulse -- it's not just reactionaries, it's also Thoreau and Rachel Carson.

Religiosity gets mixed in because it is strongly deferential to Given Authority -- what is scripture if not a man-made Book of Nature? Misogyny gets mixed up in it because women have traditionally gotten the short end so that is, by some sort of conservative calculus, ordained, or natural, or in any case An Inconvenient Truth. And notice how holding these beliefs makes the conservative the Solitary Man on the Watchtower, defending us even though we aren't sufficiently righteous to realize we are even in danger? That is tailor-made to appeal to vanity.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

what a ridiculous position to take. There are very effective forms of birth control, why force people to choose between sex and high risk of unwanted pregnancy? In my case, I've had a vasectomy. Do you disagree with that also?

Comment

Serious? Someone is against birth control? Really? Is it 1650? It must be.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                A kid is punishment for sex.
                                A kid is never a punishment.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X