Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A light bulb, a door-to-door jokester and a geneticist walk into a bar ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A light bulb, a door-to-door jokester and a geneticist walk into a bar ...

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
    Close. one to hold the bulb, the other five to drink until the room spins.
    Also works for any given state's biggest party school.

Comment

• Re: A light bulb, a door-to-door jokester and a geneticist walk into a bar ...

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
      Close. one to hold the bulb, the other five to drink until the room spins.
      In band geek jokes, the above is the joke about tuba players.

How many trumpet players does it take to change a light bulb?
      One. She holds it up and the world revolves around her.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        In band geek jokes, the above is the joke about tuba players.

How many trumpet players does it take to change a light bulb?
        One. She holds it up and the world revolves around her.
        Alternatively, five. One to screw it in, and four more to tell the first one how much better they would've done it.

What's the difference between a dead squirrel in the road, and a dead trombone player in the road?
        The squirrel will have skid marks in front of it

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

What's the difference between a dead squirrel in the road, and a dead trombone player in the road?
          The squirrel will have skid marks in front of it
          Change "squirrel" to "skunk" and "trombone player" to "lawyer" and you have a really old joke there.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Change "squirrel" to "skunk" and "trombone player" to "lawyer" and you have a really old joke there.
            All these jokes are "Mad Libs" jokes. Another classic is the two guys at the urinals. One zips up and heads directly for the door. The second says, "At x they taught us to wash after using these facilities." To which the first responds, "At y they taught us not to pis-s on our hands."

I have heard the x,y for that joke as: (Harvard, Yale), (Yale, Harvard), (Harvard, Cornell), (Cornell, Colgate), (every Midwestern "U", that same Midwestern "State U"), and on and on.

I've heard every lightbulb joke in permutation except for one.

How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
            Last edited by Kepler; 02-07-2017, 04:01 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I have heard the x,y for that joke as:
              Squid (sailor) and a Jarhead (marine).
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
                Google.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Sorry, I missed the part of the thread title where it said the jokes had to be original.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    None of those are the answer.

Anyone?
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

All How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
                      None, feminists are so bright they don't need no friggin' lightbulbs.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        None, feminists are so bright they don't need no friggin' lightbulbs.
                        No, that's the answer for Austrian Economists.

Q. "How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"

A. "That's not funny."
                        Cornell University

Comment

A Panda walks into a bar....

Sits down and orders a burger and fries. Finishes his lunch, stands up and pulls out a gun then shoots everyone except the bartender who dives behind the bar. While frantically dialing 911 the bartender yells "what the hell was that all about.". As he's walking out the Panda says "Google me."

While the cops are on the way the bartender does Google Panda and sees:
                          "Black and white mammal, indigenous to China, eats shoots and leaves."

Comment

I don't know why I find this funny but I do...
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• A man is visited by a fairy.

"I will grant you one wish," says the fairy.

The man says "okay. I want to live forever!"

The fairy says "you know I can't do that."

The man thinks about it, and says "okay.. I want to die after the Lions win the Super Bowl!"

"You crafty bastard."
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Nice.

Living forever is a terrible wish though, as has been explored in several fantasy works. All your mortal friends and family eventually die, and you're alone in the world.

I've heard a similar joke.

Two guys from Michigan die and wake up in hell. The next day, the devil stops to check on them and sees them dressed in parkas, mittens and bomber hats, warming themselves around the fire. The devil asks them, "What are you doing? Isn't it hot enough for you?"

The two guys reply, "Well, you know, we're from Michigan, the land of ice and snow and cold. We're just happy for a chance to warm up a bit, you know."

The devil decides that these two aren't miserable enough and turns up the heat. The next morning, he stops by again and there they are, still dressed in their parkas, mittens and hats. The devil asks them again, "It's awfully hot down here, can't you guys feel that?"

Again, the guys reply, "Well, like we told you yesterday, we're from Michigan, the land of ice and snow and cold. We're just happy to warm up a little bit, you know."

The devil gets a little steamed up and he decides to fix the two guys. He cranks the heat up as high as it will go. The people are wailing and screaming everywhere. He stops by the room with the two guys from Michigan and finds them in light jackets and hats, grilling sausage and drinking beer. The devil is astonished. "Everyone down here is in abject misery, and you seem to be enjoying yourselves."
                                The two Michiganders reply, "Well, ya know, we don't get too much warm weather up there in Michigan, we've just got to have a cookout when the weather is this nice."

The devil is absolutely furious, he can hardly see straight. Finally, he comes up with an answer. These two love the heat because they have been cold all their lives. He decides to turn all the heat in hell off.

The next morning, the temperature is below zero, icicles are hanging everywhere, the people are shivering so bad, they are unable to wail, moan or gnash their teeth. The devil smiles and heads for the room with the 2 Michiganders. He finds them back in their parkas, mittens and hats. They are jumping up and down and cheering. The devil was dumbfounded. "I don't understand. When I turn the heat up, you're happy. Now it's freezing cold, and you're happy. What is wrong with you two?"

The Michiganders look at the devil in surprise. "Well, don't ya know - if hell froze over, that must mean. The Lions won the Super Bowl!"
                                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 03-23-2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X