Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO '14 -'15 season thread. Will the sleeper awaken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNO '14 -'15 season thread. Will the sleeper awaken?

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
    Type "Derek Shepherd bad referee" into Google and knock yourself out reading all the results that search term returns.
    Type any referee's name in any sport and you'll get that result -- Derek Shepherd, Ed Hochuli, Eddie Hightower, Stephen Walkom, Ed Montague, Tim McClelland, Matt Shegos -- it's just nonsense from more people like you who have no idea what they are talking about.

You're biased for UNO -- we get it. But your complaint does no good. Everyone feels they get screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
      You can stand by the bad officiating excuse all you want, UNO simply was outworked and outplayed in that game.
      High five, my friend.
      Glad most UNO fans understand what happened Friday night.

Lose a game - look in the mirror to find fault.
      Blame a ref - look in the mirror to see who is really wrong.

Comment

Thanks for having my back on this and pointing out that this issue is hardly limited, either, to just Todd Lacina and Derek Shepherd.

I remember posting the following 3 years ago or so here: "I never thought anything would make me wish for CCHA officials, UNTIL I saw WCHA officiating"..
        I refer to Derek Shepherd as the best of the worst. I have met him a couple of time. Nice guy, just not very good as a ref. His little brother is worse. Todd Anderson has actually gotten better this season.

Unfortunately, the NCHC decided to just bring Sheps boys over the the NCHC. The league made a huge mistake when they hired Don Adam.
        Last edited by Goon; 02-18-2015, 11:36 PM.
        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
        Eric's Twitter
        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

• Originally posted by Goon View Post
          I refer to Derek Shepherd as the best of the worst. I have met him a couple of time. Nice guy, just not very good as a ref. His little brother is worse. Todd Anderson has actually gotten better this season.

Unfortunately, the NCHC decided to just bring Sheps boys over the the NCHC. The league made a huge mistake when they hired Don Adam. I
          I always liked Get Smart.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretAgentMav View Post
            Type any referee's name in any sport and you'll get that result -- Derek Shepherd, Ed Hochuli, Eddie Hightower, Stephen Walkom, Ed Montague, Tim McClelland, Matt Shegos -- it's just nonsense from more people like you who have no idea what they are talking about.

You're biased for UNO -- we get it. But your complaint does no good. Everyone feels they get screwed.
            I didn't see the UNO game, and I agree with you in principle about not blaming the refs, but Shep really sucks.

Comment

Tim McClelland
              Tim McClelland? Come on! Who can have a problem with Tim McClelland? Those people need their head checked. I guess George Brett might have a problem with him. But other than that...
              If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                I didn't see the UNO game, and I agree with you in principle about not blaming the refs, but Shep really sucks.
                I can give you a quick recap: WMU muscled UNO around. Nothing illegal, just were more physical. UNO thought that playing a team in the bottom end of the league at home meant that they could walk into the Century Link Center and WMU would just lay down their sticks and let us win. WMU did not comply. They out hustled the Mavs, outworked UNO, and wanted it more. That pretty much sums up the game.

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                  Tim McClelland? Come on! Who can have a problem with Tim McClelland?
                  I'm sure someone... somewhere doesn't like him because he is too tall... or from Des Moines.

Comment

I'm sure someone... somewhere doesn't like him because he is too tall... or from Des Moines.
                    Ha! Because I was bored (and interested), I looked up that pine tar incident. Didn't know that was McClelland's rookie season of umping. Tough way to come into the league.

Regarding this weekend: split the rest of the way out and we should be in the NCAAs. A sweep would be nice, though unlikely.

Comment

I am still trying to figure out who the most favorable opponent is for UNO in the first round.
                      Western has proven they can play with us.
                      CC has their one conference win against us - did UNO get the message from that game, or does CC have confidence from it?

Depending on how this weekend goes. If UNO sweeps, maybe finishing 3rd, and facing the Huskies is that favorable matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                        I am not even going to engage in an argument with these guys about the "officiating" last Friday night. I saw what I saw. They saw what they saw. 'nuff said. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I do agree that we got manhandled in that game, though.

Comment

A little something for the other team's in our conference to ponder, courtesy of John Buccigross:

https://twitter.com/Buccigross/statu...70791977684992

Comment

Fun fact of the day.

UNO forward Austin Ortega's all-time NCAA record tying 10 game winning goals this season is equal to or more than the total win count of 16 of the 59 D-1 hockey teams.

Comment

I saw what I saw.
                              That eye chart you hold up for the officials... you should probably test yourself.

Comment

That eye chart you hold up for the officials... you should probably test yourself.
                                Hard to argue about bad referees when you're arguing against a referee
                                UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Working...
                                X