X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The ps4 is famazing.
    Now you just have to find some decent games to play on it.
    Last edited by Foxton; 12-02-2014, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
      Now you just have to find some decent games to play on it.
      Since most titles are for both next gen systems, there is plenty of good games to play now.

GTA V, Assassin's Creed, LBP3, Destiny, Dragon Age, Shadow of Mordor, etc.

List goes on and on.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I bought the black Friday GTAV and the last of us bundle. I also picked up MLB 14.

GTAV on it is outrageous. I love that the controller flashes when you're wanted. I'll probably tire of it soon and then it will only annoy me but whatever.

I heard MLB 14 has something like 1,000 individual fan animations so the stadiums are extremely realistic.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What the fuk Sony? The PS4 can't play video or mp3 files??! Are you ****ing kidding me?

I go to load all of my music on to play and I come to find out the god**** most powerful console this God forsaken company has ever released and I can't play an mp3?

Guess that means I won't be able to load all my TV shows either. What a joke.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What the fuk Sony? The PS4 can't play video or mp3 files??! Are you ****ing kidding me
            That's old news. They may add functionality in the future it sounds like though. So all is not lost.
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Yay! Persona Q finally arrived! Time for hours and hours of dungeon crawling. And the game-themed XL case I got with it is very neat.

I'm surprised how much I enjoy using the 3DS touch screen to draw the dungeon maps; glad I played through an Etrian Odyssey game before getting this to make sure I'd enjoy the game mechanics of that series first.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                Yay! Persona Q finally arrived! Time for hours and hours of dungeon crawling. And the game-themed XL case I got with it is very neat.

I'm surprised how much I enjoy using the 3DS touch screen to draw the dungeon maps; glad I played through an Etrian Odyssey game before getting this to make sure I'd enjoy the game mechanics of that series first.
                Yea Etrian Odyssey can be annoying if you think it's going to be a straight forward crawler.

I'd complain about tedious mechanics, but I'll spend hours cross-breeding and leveling up pokemon to get certain moves.
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Yea Etrian Odyssey can be annoying if you think it's going to be a straight forward crawler.

I'd complain about tedious mechanics, but I'll spend hours cross-breeding and leveling up pokemon to get certain moves.
                  Considering the majority of people who are going to get Persona Q are getting it because it's a Persona game (like me), there's actually an automap feature for those that don't enjoy the whole EO mapmaking experience. But what's the fun in using that?

The new winner for most tedious thing I have ever done in a video game is Fiend hunting in Shin Megami Tensei IV so I could complete the Demon Compendium. Demons of the Fiend race do not show up on the map; you trigger them by running over a specific spot on the map they spawn on. If they aren't triggered, you have to leave the area so the map reloads and try again. Also, there's only a 1/256 chance they'll be triggered and they're harder to beat than the end game boss. I spent EIGHT hours running over the same spot to find the Matador, who promptly killed me because I inadvertently provoked his ultimate move spam. Then I spent another four to get him and beat him. Happily, the other five only ranged from 30 minutes to three hours to trigger and I didn't die again.
                  Last edited by The Paragon of Virtue; 12-04-2014, 09:07 AM.

Comment

I bought the black Friday GTAV and the last of us bundle. I also picked up MLB 14.

GTAV on it is outrageous. I love that the controller flashes when you're wanted. I'll probably tire of it soon and then it will only annoy me but whatever.

I heard MLB 14 has something like 1,000 individual fan animations so the stadiums are extremely realistic.
                    Picked up that bundle on Amazon. It was delivered today. Never played a GTA title before so this should be enlightening. Figure I'll play for a couple weeks then sell it. Also picked up FIFA15. That should last until MLB15.

Anything I should know before jumping into the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      Picked up that bundle on Amazon. It was delivered today. Never played a GTA title before so this should be enlightening. Figure I'll play for a couple weeks then sell it. Also picked up FIFA15. That should last until MLB15.

You're not doing it right unless you are level 5 wanted.
                      Last edited by Foxton; 12-04-2014, 08:34 PM.

Comment

You can get the money back from the hookers...
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Spend time just exploring. There are a lot of incredibly subtle things that absolutely make the game.
                          Code:

Comment

The radio ads are awesome.

Comment

Spend time just exploring. There are a lot of incredibly subtle things that absolutely make the game.
                              I stole a car, led the cops on a chase and wound up in the aqueducts. After doing jumps on the halfpipe walls of the aqueducts the car eventually died. So I ran along, stumbled across a drug deal, got shot in the back (but survived) stealing one of their cars and wound up driving through the sewers. Found myself at a golf course up in the hills but there was no way inside, so I went back to the highway and took potshots at drivers as they passed. Then I highjacked an 18-wheeler and led the cops through a residential neighborhood before becoming stuck. With the police closing in, I hoofed it and jumped over a wall....into a 1000' ravine....RIP.

Comment

Hahahaha. That's fantastic. If you are plying as the black character, go to an affluent white neighborhood and don't do anything illegal but just go and stand near some white folks.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X