This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

It's about goddam time for the monorail.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Now if they could figure out how to get The Simpsons Tapped Out to no crash on my iPad, that'd be swell. Still, with that said, MONORAIL! (...That's the word.)
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        ProtonJon is hands down my favorite LPer, though he's been taking a break lately due to con travel/not wanting to go up against SGDQ. His Kaizo Mario World Special Stage 2 run is one of the seminal LP's, and the Mario Party games with The Runaway Guys (himself, Chuggaaconroy, and NintendoCapriSun) are must sees. He's moved more into livestreaming, which seems to fit his schedule and personality better. His main schtick right now is his Fortune Cookie stream on Twitch, where he uses a program to randomly select games from his collection and the chat votes on what he plays next. And I do mean random - it's always hilarious when he gets stuck with Barbie Horse Adventure or Mickey and Minnie's Kitchen or something. Also, he's dating Lucahjin, which makes me insanely jealous.

(For those wondering, my user name is no relation to twitch.tv. I had it long before then, it's an old nickname from tSBFitW.)
        I watched a lot of Runaway Guys & NCS about 2 years ago. That's how I found Game Grumps, Markiplier, ProJared, & Jirard the Completionist. I honestly don't know the last time I watched Runaway Guys since then.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Check out the 4chan Cup sometime. All the boards over at The Website That Must Not Be Named created their own teams in Pro Evolution Soccer and play each other manager vs. manager. This thing has expanded to AN ENTIRE SEASONAL TOURNAMENT SERIES COMPLETE WITH GROUP AND KNOCKOUT STAGES AND PROMOTION/RELEGATION. And it's a bunch of nonsense. Glorious, lulzy, rigged nonsense.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Fishing Planet on Steam. Free. The ultimate fishing simulator. Kind of addictive if you get past level 2.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

nobody here is playing Rocket League?
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I've mentioned this game before, but I don't think I've given it a formal introduction yet. I think it's high time I introduced all of you to Ingress.

http://www.ingress.com

Ingress is an alternate reality game sponsored by one of Google's internal startups (they're actually just about to break away from Google and go on their own.) It is essentially capture the building played in real time using your smartphone's GPS. If you're familiar with geocaching, it's quite similar to that. The idea is that there are "portals" located throughout the city/state/country/world at various areas of public interest (monuments, public buildings, religious structures, art installations, murals, grave sites, historical sites, signature local businesses, etc.) You use your mobile device to capture, attack, and defend these portals for one of two teams, the Enlightened (green) or the Resistance (blue.) If your team controls multiple portals near each other, they can be linked together for extra points, and if you manage to link three portals together in a triangle you create a field that covers the entire span of the triangle and score huge points. The game is 100% free to play on Android and iOS. It is one of the most addictive games I've ever played. It will get you out and help you meet tons of cool people, as well as show you a lot of places in your community you otherwise wouldn't give a second thought.

If anyone takes the plunge, let me know. There's a bit of a learning curve to it, and a lot of things the game doesn't do a very good job of explaining. I can help you get started. I play for the Resistance (the blue team.)
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

But do you meet girls? No one wants to leave their mom's basement to meet other shut in dudes.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Sony has teamed up with Disney to make a limited time offer for a Darth Vader themed PS4. It will come with your choice of either Star Wars: Battlefront or a Star Wars Xfinity game set. I'm not familiar with the Xfinity thing, but it looks like a small kid's game. These bundles will go on sale mid November, and I might finally take the plunge into the current generation of gaming systems then.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

For the Simpson, did anybody else have a character assigned a single task 63 times? For me it was the Squeaky Voiced Teen being assigned to advertise Krusty Burger, a 24-hr task. The game reset the error along with another one that had been in the game for a good four months now.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        For the Simpson, did anybody else have a character assigned a single task 63 times? For me it was the Squeaky Voiced Teen being assigned to advertise Krusty Burger, a 24-hr task. The game reset the error along with another one that had been in the game for a good four months now.
                        I was doing a quest just before the update that it changed to 10 times and gave me a count of -1. Did it 11 times to clear it. Thankfully a 30 sec. quest.
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Check out Pac-Man 256 on Android/iOS. It's Pac-Man done as an endless runner with the garbage data from level 256 (the unplayable kill screen) chasing you.

Comment

Forza 6 early access period started today. Sooo good!
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Gentlemen...we are living in wonderful times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sj2iQyBTQs

Comment

My basement bar has achieved substantial completion, and my Twilight Zone is back up and running.

Runs fine for now, but some of the wire connectors are shot and there's a lot of oxidation on the wiring. Guy figured the machine must have come from the East Coast or another moist area. I'll probably get it looked at again in a couple months.

Comment

Working...
                                X