Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Who wants to explain GamerGate to me? I tried to read a Kotaku article about it earlier today and understood literally 0% of it. I read words but they had no meaning.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I did as well a few weeks ago. I couldn't figure it out after reading it a couple times.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Who wants to explain GamerGate to me? I tried to read a Kotaku article about it earlier today and understood literally 0% of it. I read words but they had no meaning.
        Well it started with an ***hole getting angry that his girlfriend isn't into him anymore so he drops all her information and makes several false claims about her sleeping around to give good reviews. It's picked up by a bunch of very active misogynistic followers who accept it without question and begin to harass reviewers and anyone who dared comment against them (overwhelmingly only if they were women) using threats and releasing their private information to the internet under the guise of it being about ethics in games journalism.

It's settled down somewhat with the less savory characters losing interest as more nuanced people have taken up their "cause" to try and mistakenly take back the hashtag/movement. But it's still basically a boys club upset about women having any say/influence on their hobby and have come up with some decent talking points to try and deflect away from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          dude is upset that his girlfriend, who happened to be a video game reviewer, broke up with him, starts malicious rumors about her. Her friend then creates an indie game which other *********s say only got good reviews because the creator was a woman. Both women then get numerous death threats.

TL;DR - men are treating women like shiat.

Comment

Ok. I thought it was about misogyny so I guess I was right with that. The article I was reading though was an entire story about developing some game and I had never heard of that part of it or the people involved with it and it was just so far above my head that I thought everything I knew about Gamergate was wrong.

On the flip side, I found a site that hosts a bunch of old games. NHL 94 is actually more fun to play than the current NHL games because there aren't any auto-goals.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Evole comes out today. I have no interest, but others might. 4v1 multiplayer.

2nd ep. Of Tales from the Borderlands could be out as early as next Tuesday.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Everyone who hates day one DLC will be excited to know Evolve is getting a ton of backlash for having a full $60 of DLC out to go with its $60 game.
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

It's happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqG9iqtq91c

Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Addams Family Pinball? Zuh?

Comment

Twitch collects pinball machines.

3DS Zelda Majora's Mask came out today. Picked it up for my wife. Happy V Day!
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        Twitch collects pinball machines.

3DS Zelda Majora's Mask came out today. Picked it up for my wife. Happy V Day!
                        My copy is waiting at home, but not with the themed 3ds I preordered from best buy because those *******s over sold, took the money, and didn't realize till 2 weeks later before giving refunds.

Some ***** got the only unit from target this morning then immediately went to Walmart looking for another. Probably for some **** head kids. Sold out everywhere, hopefully Nintendo decides to release more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                          My copy is waiting at home, but not with the themed 3ds I preordered from best buy because those *******s over sold, took the money, and didn't realize till 2 weeks later before giving refunds.

Some ***** got the only unit from target this morning then immediately went to Walmart looking for another. Probably for some **** head kids. Sold out everywhere, hopefully Nintendo decides to release more.
                          Despite being region locked (for 3DS games) we are going to buy a new 3DS with the faceplates while in Japan on vacation.

Although I guess the new ones don't come with a charger. Seems dumb.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

I am probably very late on this, but they re-released X-Wing and Tie Fighter for modern computers. Preteen me was so excited that current me went out and bought a new joystick.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuveGG24 View Post
                              I am probably very late on this, but they re-released X-Wing and Tie Fighter for modern computers. Preteen me was so excited that current me went out and bought a new joystick.
                              Are they playable without a joystick? I know it says required, but I remember playing without one back in the day.
                              This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
                                Are they playable without a joystick? I know it says required, but I remember playing without one back in the day.
                                It wouldn't let me load X-Wing without the joystick plugged in, so unfortunately it looks like no.

Comment

Working...
                                X