A Discussion of US Immigration Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    No, not really on both paragraphs. The government has power and authority via God, however, that does not mean what is legislated is God pleasing and/or God approved. The issue is sin. We all have sinful natures and some people who get into power allow sinful nature to run rampant. Because we are all sinners, no government and laws created by man will ever be entirely God pleasing. As Chritians we can respect the power and authority, but we have to use our Christain judgement via what the Bible tells to help us guide how we live our lives.

Carter,

From a common sense standpoint, this wall I would have built would be virtually unclimbable from the Mexican side of the border, so the shooting them when they peak over would probably not happen. Surely you probably deduced this, but I understand you took the opportunity to express your opinion of me. I thank you for the chance to discuss my Faith.
    And your religion tells you God would be okay with punishing illegal immigration with death? Seriously?

There's also no such thing as a wall that can't be climbed over or dug under.
    Last edited by unofan; 07-14-2014, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Re: A Discussion of US Immigration Policy

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      What does Ringo say?

"Thank God these other 3 guys are so talented"
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        What does Ringo say?
        Originally posted by Rover View Post
        "Pete Best: U Mad Bro?"

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Rafael Santana still got an '86 ring.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            There's also no such thing as a wall that can't be climbed over or dug under.
            Elvis begs to differ.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

We can put a man on the moon, but we can't build a wall that can't be climbed? Come on now.....and why would you climb a wall that you knew would result in your death if you got to the top? I think people are smarter than some of you think they are. You could build a wall that would not allow 99.99% of people to climb it. The bottom line would be if you choose to climb, you accept the consequences. Just legally enter the country and all will be fine.

The fact is this wall would save lives because these people would not even bother attempting to cross via the desert, so the amount who die before they get to the border would be greatly reduced. Right now it's between 150 and 250 deaths per year. For the record, 5 people died per year at the Berlin wall, with the vast majority the first 6 years of the wall. Over the last 10 years the average was 1.4. Once the futility of the attempt was established, the numbers went way down.

These illegals are invading our country and it's a serious problem. I'm confident the wall would be effective in both curtailing the amount entering and the amount dying trying to get in.

I would be for capitol punishment in this case because it would be a very effective deterrent, as the evidence shows. I do not support capitol punishment otherwise because it is not much of a deterrent.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

One of the characteristics of a failed/failing nation state is the inability to control portions of your nation's territory. Drug cartels exert de facto control of portions of southern Arizona, and probably border areas of other states.
                Originally posted by Priceless
                Good to see you're so reasonable.
                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                Very well, said.
                Originally posted by Rover
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  I would be for capitol punishment in this case because it would be a very effective deterrent, as the evidence shows. I do not support capitol punishment otherwise because it is not much of a deterrent.
                  So death by shooting without trial for someone who may or may not know the potential consequences for looking over the fence, but not (for example) for a serial murderer rapist?

Makes sense to me.

Comment

A wall of some sort would be helpful, as they can still just walk right across the border in some places, but a wall isn't the end-all be-all answer. It's a really long border and to build an almost insurmountable wall along the whole border would be really expensive. And it wouldn't be insurmountable, as in the remote areas they'd punch holes in it or find a way through it when nobody is around. Not to mention that they can tunnel underneath, as they've been doing for decades. Tunnels are constantly being discovered, some quite large and sophisticated. I'm all for toughening up the border and believe Obama's avoided doing any more than he has to, but a toughened up border by itself won't solve the problem. You also have to deal with the broader forces driving people to come here and their expectations that they will get to stay once they get here. But, as with so many issues, we're largely incapable as a nation of putting together a a coherent strategy and carrying it out.
                    Originally posted by Priceless
                    Good to see you're so reasonable.
                    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                    Very well, said.
                    Originally posted by Rover
                    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      Read further down the thread... earlier he said:
                      Wasn't talking about Timothy A....talking about the Bible verse itself.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        The govt can watch, intercept, read, any communication you make but they can't see folks coming over the border. I almost believe that.
                        I have this bridge for sale ...

Signed,
                        PT Barnum
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          I have this bridge for sale ...

Signed,
                          PT Barnum
                          Really, dude? Really?

Signed,
                          George C. Parker
                          Cornell University

Comment

Every minute.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

http://www.azcentral.com/story/brahm...dren/12701279/

Oops.

Comment

Awesome. Couldn't capture the hatefulness of those guys any better if you tried.

Can we maybe just deport them?
                                Last edited by Kepler; 07-16-2014, 09:25 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X