Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Discussion of US Immigration Policy

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I think it is realistic. From a mathematical angle, there's 10,317,120 feet to cover. If 1 solider covered 200', that would equate to 51,585 soldiers needed. I'd figure 12 hr shifts (they are in the military after all), that's 103,170 needed. Based on that, the National Guard could easily do 6 month deployments, see the following numbers.....The Army has 541,000 active, 358,000 National Guard, 205,000 Army Reserves. The Marines have 195,000 active and 39,000 in reserve. And yes, we get out of Iraq and Afghanistan and make this our #1 military priority. I'd build a great wall, and the policy would be if you see as much as a head peep over that wall, you blow it to bits. The policy would also be no medical assistance period for any reason to anyone behind the wall. I bet very quickly the illegals would stop even trying. It's harsh, but let's stop playing games and have all parties take this seriously. Once it's taken seriously, you'd need less troops to man it. Plus you could have sensors on the wall, use drones and Airforce aircraft to patrol it. It's a big effort, but this is a big problem that affect the US on multiple fronts.
    Ya know, for a guy who never tires of running his mouth about Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, this post reveals you to be about as far from any concept of Christianity as it is possible to be. Yeah, Christ would definitely approve of blowing their effing heads off. Any real understanding of Jesus would put him on the opposite side of the wall from you. What an embarrassment you are.
    "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

The govt can watch, intercept, read, any communication you make but they can't see folks coming over the border. I almost believe that.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
        Ya know, for a guy who never tires of running his mouth about Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, this post reveals you to be about as far from any concept of Christianity as it is possible to be. Yeah, Christ would definitely approve of blowing their effing heads off. Any real understanding of Jesus would put him on the opposite side of the wall from you. What an embarrassment you are.
        Let's take a look at Romans Ch 13, starting at verse 1:

"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists authority resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Do you wish to have no fear of the authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive its approval; 4 for it is God’s servant for your good. But if you do what is wrong, you should be afraid, for the authority does not bear the sword in vain! It is the servant of God to execute wrath on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore one must be subject, not only because of wrath but also because of conscience."

So if sticking your head above the wall is against the law, you are calling judgement upon yourself. If you don't want to incur judgement, then don't do it.

They can legally immigrate.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

These illegals are all Catholics who worship Mary, so it's OK.

Comment

"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists authority resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Do you wish to have no fear of the authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive its approval; 4 for it is God’s servant for your good. But if you do what is wrong, you should be afraid, for the authority does not bear the sword in vain! It is the servant of God to execute wrath on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore one must be subject, not only because of wrath but also because of conscience."

So if sticking your head above the wall is against the law, you are calling judgement upon yourself. If you don't want to incur judgement, then don't do it.

Quoting Paul?
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Quoting Paul?
              What does Ringo say?

Comment

So every law, made by any government anywhere at any time, is really just part of God's law and is therefore pure and right and just?

Interesting philosophy. Had no idea you were such a fan of the governments led by Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, the Taliban, Saddam Hussein....
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Especially the six year olds and the eight year olds! Make sure you blow their effing heads off. It's what Jesus would want you to do. You are trash personified.
                  "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Especially the six year olds and the eight year olds! Make sure you blow their effing heads off. It's what Jesus would want you to do. You are trash personified.
                    Didn't Jesus say, "Let the little children suffer." or something like that? Close enough. I say the smaller the child, the better target practice because they're harder to shoot.

Comment

Yeah, I can definitely see where he was talking about shooting Mexicans because they looked over a wall...
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Didn't Jesus say, "Let the little children suffer." or something like that? Close enough. I say the smaller the child, the better target practice because they're harder to shoot.
                        Turn it into a game...award tickets that can be turned in for nick nacks or remote control helicopters!!
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          So every law, made by any government anywhere at any time, is really just part of God's law and is therefore pure and right and just?

Interesting philosophy. Had no idea you were such a fan of the governments led by Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, the Taliban, Saddam Hussein....
                          No, not really on both paragraphs. The government has power and authority via God, however, that does not mean what is legislated is God pleasing and/or God approved. The issue is sin. We all have sinful natures and some people who get into power allow sinful nature to run rampant. Because we are all sinners, no government and laws created by man will ever be entirely God pleasing. As Chritians we can respect the power and authority, but we have to use our Christain judgement via what the Bible tells to help us guide how we live our lives.

Carter,

From a common sense standpoint, this wall I would have built would be virtually unclimbable from the Mexican side of the border, so the shooting them when they peak over would probably not happen. Surely you probably deduced this, but I understand you took the opportunity to express your opinion of me. I thank you for the chance to discuss my Faith.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

No, not really on both paragraphs. The government has power and authority via God, however, that does not mean what is legislated is God pleasing and/or God approved. The issue is sin. We all have sinful natures and some people who get into power allow sinful nature to run rampant. Because we are all sinners, no government and laws created by man will ever be entirely God pleasing. As Chritians we can respect the power and authority, but we have to use our Christain judgement via what the Bible tells to help us guide how we live our lives.
                            Well, I think this all hangs together nicely, with your Christian judgement's leading you to the conclusion that it is okay to blow the heads off of kids trying to cross our border as a prime example of our sinful natures' preventing us from pleasing God.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Revelatory truth is indeed miraculous, given that scripture always supports a believer's desired political outcomes.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Yeah, I can definitely see where he was talking about shooting Mexicans because they looked over a wall...
                                Read further down the thread... earlier he said:

I'd build a great wall, and the policy would be if you see as much as a head peep over that wall, you blow it to bits.

Comment

Working...
                                X