• Re: Your Political Stance - 2014 Edition

Originally posted by burd View Post
    *******, *******, burning bright
    in the forests of the right,
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I see what you did there.

btw, back when Christian Rock was still cool...:

Daniel Amos - William Blake
    I see they censored Pio's favorite descriptor.

Comment

• And to think joecct was concerned my obviously extreme use of heterosexual imagery to illustrate the fallacy of similar homosexual imagery by the anti-gay marriage crowd led to a thread going off the tracks...

This thread is marvelous. Carry on, all.
      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

• Originally posted by XYZ View Post
        And to think joecct was concerned my obviously extreme use of heterosexual imagery to illustrate the fallacy of similar homosexual imagery by the anti-gay marriage crowd led to a thread going off the tracks...

This thread is marvelous. Carry on, all.
        I did? Where? I ask because I can only find about 5 posts since I posted my chart and none was in reply to one of yours.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I see they censored Pio's favorite descriptor.
          It was there now its starred out, I'll bet I know what moderator did that.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            It's draft day. We've reached peak offseason.
            Yeah!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            God's a Gopher? That explains the entire state of Wisconsin.
            God's imperfect? I think not.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              God's imperfect? I think not.
              Well, there are the French.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Well, there are the French.
                and I don't see mass immigrations of French to Wisconsin.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  and I don't see mass immigrations of French to Wisconsin.
                  Well, not anymore there isn't. Look to its history and you will find plenty. Ever been to Fon du Lac, WI? How about Eau Claire or Lacrosse?
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Well, not anymore there isn't. Look to its history and you will find plenty. Ever been to Fon du Lac, WI? How about Eau Claire or Lacrosse?
                    I lived in LaCrosse for years and can't say I ran into much of a French cultural presence there.

The city is named after a game played by Native Americans who once lived at that site, and I didn't notice a strong Native American presence either.

But then if I hadn't spent so much of my time on 3rd Street I might have had a broader cultural experience.

Comment

I lived in LaCrosse for years and can't say I ran into much of a French cultural presence there.

The city is named after a game played by Native Americans who once lived at that site, and I didn't notice a strong Native American presence either.

But then if I hadn't spent so much of my time on 3rd Street I might have had a broader cultural experience.
                      The game of Lacrosse was named by French explorers/immigrants who thought that the sticks looked like a bishop's scepter, which had a cross on the top, so Lacrosse is a French word. It makes sense to me that a town would be named that in an area that had at least some French influence.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                        The game of Lacrosse was named by French explorers/immigrants who thought that the sticks looked like a bishop's scepter, which had a cross on the top, so Lacrosse is a French word. It makes sense to me that a town would be named that in an area that had at least some French influence.
                        Fur traders.

Comment

There is a strong French influence in Wisconsin history, from the early fur traders to Robert Lafollette, etc. The town I used to live in in western Wisconsin was loaded with folks of French heritage.
                          Originally posted by Priceless
                          Good to see you're so reasonable.
                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                          Very well, said.
                          Originally posted by Rover
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                            There is a strong French influence in Wisconsin history, from the early fur traders to Robert Lafollette, etc. The town I used to live in in western Wisconsin was loaded with folks of French heritage.
                            Most of the good folks of Wisconsin swore off all connections with the French, wimpy bastids, when they refused to support the Iraq invasion.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Most of the good folks of Wisconsin...
                              3 is more than half of 5, so I'll go with 3.

Comment

Naming a town is much different than mass immigration. All it takes is one successful exploration and one small group can re-name an entire region. I say re-name because I do not think any of those individuals the European explorers displaced coined all the French names. I lived in Fond du Lac for close to 20 years and I am not sure I met a single family who identified as French. Mostly German, Irish, Scandinavian, etc, like the rest of Wisconsin. More importantly for the discussion in this thread, either Catholic or Lutheran
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X