X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    At some point it goes too far.

But then again, maybe all of these suspensions will create a toxic workplace and get some of the talent to jump ship.
    you forgot to put "talent" in quotation marks...
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

That would be some WORK in 'shop.

Looks legit or is at least well executed enough to look legit.

It's not like it's far from reality anyway. I ****ing hate ESPN.

Comment

I used to love the ScoreCenter (or whatever it was called) app that ESPN had. It was the best organized score app around.

But then, I just happened to notice that no matter how I organized my custom settings (NFL, NHL, college hockey and football up top, MLB towards the bottom after some soccer leagues and no basketball scores anywhere), the NBA would always somehow magically show up near the top of my list. I assume it was just an update thing, where there was a (presumably intentional) bug that reset my preferences everytime I upgraded the app, but I just get sick of ESPN trying to dictate what I should be interested in and deleted the app on principle.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I'm curious if I am an anomaly or does everyone else outside of Cleveland not give a **** about JM either?

I mean, are there people in completely unrelated markets waiting for these updates?

Other than fantasy nerds, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            I'm curious if I am an anomaly or does everyone else outside of Cleveland not give a **** about JM either?

I mean, are there people in completely unrelated markets waiting for these updates?

I don't care in any way, shape or form about Manziel. I watched that preseason game last night as nothing else was on. He's going to flame out Ryan Leaf style.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              I don't care in any way, shape or form about Manziel. I watched that preseason game last night as nothing else was on. He's going to flame out Ryan Leaf style.

I hope so...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

I don't think many fantasy owners care either. I am in six leagues and I don't think he has been drafted in any.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  I don't think many fantasy owners care either. I am in six leagues and I don't think he has been drafted in any.
                  One guy did in my league, but he also has Aaron Rodgers.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    I used to love the ScoreCenter (or whatever it was called) app that ESPN had. It was the best organized score app around.

But then, I just happened to notice that no matter how I organized my custom settings (NFL, NHL, college hockey and football up top, MLB towards the bottom after some soccer leagues and no basketball scores anywhere), the NBA would always somehow magically show up near the top of my list. I assume it was just an update thing, where there was a (presumably intentional) bug that reset my preferences everytime I upgraded the app, but I just get sick of ESPN trying to dictate what I should be interested in and deleted the app on principle.
                    You want it?

I saved a copy of the old version for that reason exactly. I have it for iOS.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Is that serious or did someone just do convincing Photoshop work?
                      I was watching that monstrosity at the time. Yes, that is real.

On a related note, I move to limit all discussions on Johnny Football to the "Get me off this planet" thread. Do I have a second?
                      BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                        On a related note, I move to limit all discussions on Johnny Football to the "Get me off this planet" thread. Do I have a second?
                        Sure, I'll second.

It seems like they are trying to portray Johnny M. as the 2nd coming of Joe Namath before the former has actually done anything in the pros.....
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Yeah, except he's a creation of ESPN. this is the proper thread.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            I missed this on first pass.

Holy crap. They just don't get it, do they? Can we officially change their name it TLCSPN or E!SPN?

Manziel should probably start worrying that he's going to be made into a pariah like Tebow. Tebow had the religious crowd to fall back on. Manziel? He's only going to be popular until the cocaine dries up. Then he has nothing. (Except his family's money.)
                            Code:

Comment

He's an experiment if you ask me. They do have the extra first rounder Buffalo gave them for Watkins to use in 2015.
                              Twitter: DanMountSports
                              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                I am in six leagues...
                                But you can't work apparently.

/senttohell

Comment

Working...
                                X