Still Complaining About ESPN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

Honestly, this whole thing was probably created by someone at ESPN just to gin up some discussion and viewership during the lull portion of the baseball season. Get a guy who's paid to be a loudmouth to say something obnoxious, then have another show's host call him out on it, suspend the guy with pay after he makes an apology forced upon him by the network, and watch viewership rise for a week or two.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Jeebus. I'm probably going to he'll for this but I don't care. I'm so sick and tired of jablonski and his family. Wish they would quietly go away.
      I wish he'd miraculously learn to walk again so he'd go away forever.

And ESPN should suspend Stephen A. for being complete garbage. Who wants to watch a show where he and Skip compete to see who can sound like a bigger idiot?
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        And ESPN should suspend Stephen A. for being complete garbage. Who wants to watch a show where he and Skip compete to see who can sound like a bigger idiot?
        A lot of people...it's one of their highest rated shows outside of live sporting events.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          A lot of people...it's one of their highest rated shows outside of live sporting events.
          Is it still? There were headlines in 2013 about their ratings going down. I saw a headline with their viewers down to 366,000 last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            "That woman really hurt my hand by smashing her face into it so hard." Yeah, right.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              Correct. There are a lot of simple people in this world that find that show entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
                Correct. There are a lot of simple people in this world that find that show entertaining.
                "Simple people" is code for "complete idiots," right?

Comment

"Simple people" is code for "complete idiots," right?
                  Korrect

Comment

Now Dan LeBatard is the latest idiot magpie from ESPN to get suspended. Apparently he did something stupid (big surprise there) with a billboard for Lebron. Add him to the list of idiots that need to be thrown off of a bridge.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      Now Dan LeBatard is the latest idiot magpie from ESPN to get suspended. Apparently he did something stupid (big surprise there) with a billboard for Lebron. Add him to the list of idiots that need to be thrown off of a bridge.
                      He should have been thrown off a bridge years ago.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

ESPN3 is pretty good. Watching something other than scrubs football and Red Sox baseball saves an evening.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          The money these guys make at ESPN must be awesome. Otherwise why work there?

Comment

The money these guys make at ESPN must be awesome. Otherwise why work there?
                            It also provides the biggest platform with the most exposure.

Add Max Kellerman to the list of casualties. He was suspended for saying that he responded to his significant other slapping him by hitting her.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

Add Max Kellerman to the list of casualties. He was suspended for saying that he responded to his significant other slapping him by hitting her.
                              I didn't realize that Kellerman was still with ESPN... I haven't seen him since the original days of Around the Horn
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

At some point it goes too far.

But then again, maybe all of these suspensions will create a toxic workplace and get some of the talent to jump ship.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X