Still Complaining About ESPN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

Not sure if it was ESPN or NCAA making the call on this one, but game 3 of the College World Series was postponed last night, and instead of moving it back a day and keeping it in the prime time slot, it was rescheduled for this afternoon on ESPNU. I could see the rational for the afternoon start if school was still in session, but from what I understand most of these kids have commitments to wooden bat leagues rather than summer classes.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Not sure if it was ESPN or NCAA making the call on this one, but game 3 of the College World Series was postponed last night, and instead of moving it back a day and keeping it in the prime time slot, it was rescheduled for this afternoon on ESPNU. I could see the rational for the afternoon start if school was still in session, but from what I understand most of these kids have commitments to wooden bat leagues rather than summer classes.
      Is the AAA team coming back into town and they have to remove all the NCAA signage before then??
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Is the AAA team coming back into town and they have to remove all the NCAA signage before then??
        The AAA team actually plays in a different city. Looks like TD Ameritrade only hosts the CWS, Creighton, and MVC/B1G tournaments when they're held there.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Apparently NCAA:
          http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/espn...medium=twitter
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Rather than resurrect the poker thread from 2012 I'll post here that the WSOP final table is down to two, "live" on ESPN. Live in quotes because it's actually a 30 minute delay to prevent cheating.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Rather than resurrect the poker thread from 2012 I'll post here that the WSOP final table is down to two, "live" on ESPN. Live in quotes because it's actually a 30 minute delay to prevent cheating.
              It has been one of the better final tables, especially the final three here on the final day.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                It has been one of the better final tables, especially the final three here on the final day.
                Feels like just a matter of time for Vayo but I keep getting a "Rounders" vibe from him.

"All night long...check, check, check"
                "Can't put him away...alligator blood"

Comment

They are 21 hands behind live action but it is all over.

Comment

First Take moving from the deuce to ESPN. It won't die. It's just getting stronger.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

The worst part is that dipsh_t skip Bayless moved to FS1. It split through cell division.

It's the worst.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Almost the end. Won't miss the "nails on a chalkboard" that is Berman.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...id=mailsignout
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          Almost the end. Won't miss the "nails on a chalkboard" that is Berman.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...id=mailsignout
                          Deadspin's farewell is one of the most brutal takedowns in snark history.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Brent Musburger is retiring.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

When he wasn't making stupid social commentary, I enjoyed his calls.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This is my favorite MSU call of his

https://youtu.be/OYOuMWDVPcQ

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X