Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    True, but that's because there is a final score to measure against other teams that you may be familiar with. But with something like a tv show, movie, stage play, music concert, etc..., you might guess the show is bad based upon past experience and who is participating, but until you really watch it yourself I don't know that you can make an informed review. At least I'm not going to trust your review of it.
    I could have told you that Temptation Island and Cop Rock were going to suck, and I never watched a minute of either.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So I see ESPN+ keeps adding programming to bolster their service, like putting MLB and NHL games on the service, and most recently with college hockey.

Does anyone here use the service? I already have MLB.tv and NHL.tv, is there any reason to subscribe to ESPN+? From what I've seen, ESPN+ only simulcasts the home feed for NHL.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
        So I see ESPN+ keeps adding programming to bolster their service, like putting MLB and NHL games on the service, and most recently with college hockey.

Does anyone here use the service? I already have MLB.tv and NHL.tv, is there any reason to subscribe to ESPN+? From what I've seen, ESPN+ only simulcasts the home feed for NHL.
        I, too, have mlb.tv and nhl.tv, plus a VPN to avoid blackouts. I also get FOX sports and BTN2Go.

I use ESPN+ for 3 down football and college hockey plus the odd International event that I am interested in.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          I, too, have mlb.tv and nhl.tv, plus a VPN to avoid blackouts. I also get FOX sports and BTN2Go.

I use ESPN+ for 3 down football and college hockey plus the odd International event that I am interested in.
          What vpn?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            What vpn?
            Overplay
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Got an email from Verizon today that they are in a pizzing contest with Di$ney and on 12/31 they could pull the plug on on the Di$ney owned channels.

Thank God my sister has Comcast.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Got an email from Verizon today that they are in a pizzing contest with Di$ney and on 12/31 they could pull the plug on on the Di$ney owned channels.

Im cutting the cord that same day. Done dealing with that BS all the time and rates going up. Even if it means not seeing sports. **** it

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
                  Im cutting the cord that same day. Done dealing with that BS all the time and rates going up. Even if it means not seeing sports. **** it
                  From what I hear, PS Vue (can use Amazon Firestick) is the shizzle for sports. Something like $35/month gets you a LOT, including every FoxSports channel in the nation, which would obv cover all MN sports.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    From what I hear, PS Vue (can use Amazon Firestick) is the shizzle for sports. Something like $35/month gets you a LOT, including every FoxSports channel in the nation, which would obv cover all MN sports.
                    Except pro sports(?). You have to buy the subscription from MLB, NHL, NBA, etc., wouldn't you? Then you'd need a VPN to get around blackouts.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Except pro sports(?). You have to buy the subscription from MLB, NHL, NBA, etc., wouldn't you? Then you'd need a VPN to get around blackouts.
                      I figure if FSN carries it, you're good (in my area, the Twins or Wild). I haven't looked too hard into it, though.

Comment

It's $49.99 per month and you would get pro sports because you'd get ESPN and ESPN 2 as well as NBCSN and the local FSN. IDK how it works in regions with none FSN local networks.

Comment

Hulu Live TV is what I use and I get all the ESPNs and FSNs. Way more sports than I need.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

In this case, Verizon is actually looking out for its consumers, trying to keep costs down from what Disney wants to charge. So they'll only increase prices $15/month, not $15.50.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I'm not sure ESPN has ever irritated me more than they did last night. They showed a match between Sharapova and Barty over a match between Tiafoe and Dimitrov. For those who don't know, which is probably just about everyone who isn't a tennis fan, Tiafoe is a very promising young prospect from Maryland who is in the middle of his first deep run in a grand slam. It's been over 15 years since we have had a prospect as promising Tiafoe and ESPN completely blew him off last night. It's not like Dimitrov isn't a fairly big name as well. The Sharapova match wasn't bad by any means, but this is the United States and they should be highlighting Americans. The only thing I can think of is that with Nadal and Fed playing later on maybe ESPN has some kind of policy about giving men and women equal coverage or something, but they really blew it last night.

Tiafoe wound up winning in four tight sets and is now in the quarters.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                I'm not sure ESPN has ever irritated me more than they did last night. They showed a match between Sharapova and Barty over a match between Tiafoe and Dimitrov. For those who don't know, which is probably just about everyone who isn't a tennis fan, Tiafoe is a very promising young prospect from Maryland who is in the middle of his first deep run in a grand slam. It's been over 15 years since we have had a prospect as promising Tiafoe and ESPN completely blew him off last night. It's not like Dimitrov isn't a fairly big name as well. The Sharapova match wasn't bad by any means, but this is the United States and they should be highlighting Americans. The only thing I can think of is that with Nadal and Fed playing later on maybe ESPN has some kind of policy about giving men and women equal coverage or something, but they really blew it last night.

Tiafoe wound up winning in four tight sets and is now in the quarters.
                                title IX dictates half their programming covers chicks
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X