Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

f u cancer! f u! f u! f u!

My aunt (my mom's older sister) has been moved to hospice. She is the one that encouraged me to become an artist. I want to tear everything apart and burst out in tears. Then I found out that my other aunt (my mom's younger sister) has a mast on her lung. They are thinking that it could be the cancer resurging.

f u! f u! f u!
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
      f u cancer! f u! f u! f u!

My aunt (my mom's older sister) has been moved to hospice. She is the one that encouraged me to become an artist. I want to tear everything apart and burst out in tears. Then I found out that my other aunt (my mom's younger sister) has a mast on her lung. They are thinking that it could be the cancer resurging.

f u! f u! f u!
      Cancer sucks. * you cancer

Comment

F u cancer! My aunt died early this morning.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
          F u cancer! My aunt died early this morning.
          May the Angels lead you into paradise; may the martyrs greet you at your arrival and lead you into the holy city, Jerusalem. May the choir of Angels greet you and like Lazarus, who once was a poor man, may you have eternal rest.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Our men's golf league had a road trip today. I stayed home due to other commitments and this afternoon got an email from the league president that one of the guys suffered a fatal heart attack on the 11th hole. Carl Williams was a big bear of a man who was always smiling and laughing. Just two days ago he gave me a new pair of Ashworth shoes that he'd won at a tournament.

He'll be missed, but not forgotten, especially ever time I lace up the shoes.

RIP Carl.
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Sorry to hear LWB and SteveP

Comment

So sorry for your losses Steve and Lady. Prayers for those involved in both situations.
                Originally posted by Priceless
                Good to see you're so reasonable.
                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                Very well, said.
                Originally posted by Rover
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

I just got back from my aunt's funeral. At the family dinner before the funeral, I found out that my other aunt's cancer has returned. I don't know how they are going to attack it. Then seeing my other aunt at the funeral, she has more than a few screws loose. Unsure if it dementia or what.

Oh, this just came in while typing the above: my husband's boss just died from cancer.

F U Cancer!

Comment

Sorry LwB. Hang in there.

Comment

Sometimes things just seem to pile up in life, Lady. Praying for you and yours.
                      Originally posted by Priceless
                      Good to see you're so reasonable.
                      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                      Very well, said.
                      Originally posted by Rover
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it.

Still waiting to hear about how they are going to attack my aunt's cancer. I should find out more next week. Hubby is holding up after his boss died. That funeral is on Monday. After we got back and back into the swing of things, he is doing better. It is best to get back to the normal routine to get the mind off the situation for a little bit. Same goes for me and my work.

Comment

I can finally say that after nearly four years of frustration, my wife and I are expecting a child on March 9. (She's 9 weeks pregnant.)

We took the summer off from doing more treatments and so my wife could train for her 13.1-mile half-marathon walk. She remarked that she'd get pregnant while trained, and it happened. We spent our wedding anniversary getting the ultrasound and initial appointment done, and everything looks good. I'm still in shock that it actually happened. I'd honestly resigned myself to it. I'm so grateful for it to finally happen. Thanks for listening to me and bearing with me during the bad times. I will never forget it.
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                            I can finally say that after nearly four years of frustration, my wife and I are expecting a child on March 9. (She's 9 weeks pregnant.)

We took the summer off from doing more treatments and so my wife could train for her 13.1-mile half-marathon walk. She remarked that she'd get pregnant while trained, and it happened. We spent our wedding anniversary getting the ultrasound and initial appointment done, and everything looks good. I'm still in shock that it actually happened. I'd honestly resigned myself to it. I'm so grateful for it to finally happen. Thanks for listening to me and bearing with me during the bad times. I will never forget it.
                            w000000t!!!! Prayers for a healthy pregnancy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post

Congrats to you both! Being a dad is an amazing experience.
                              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                                Congrats to you both! Being a dad is an amazing experience.
                                I already have a wonderful stepdaughter, but I'm so excited. Thanks for the kind words.
                                Twitter: DanMountSports
                                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Working...
                                X