Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Prayers / pagan sacrifices to the tree gods / quiet contemplation of the beauty of natural processes unencumbered by superstition requested for my Mother-In-Law, who was diagnosed Friday with an aneurysm and was at the Georgetown hospital for bleeding into the brain.
    Yikes. Will say a prayer for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
      Sounds like a good opportunity! Praying it all goes well for you!
      Thank you. Wednesday, they'll call for the drug screen.

And since I've been struggling to get out of bed lately, this will help.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Can't do much with the tree gods for you my friend ( ), but I'll be sending up prayers for your mother-in-law and you and your wife.
        Seems like it worked; she's been released although I don't quite understand. First they were going to do that funky thing where they stick a coil all the way up from your hip to remove the aneurism. Then they decided that was too invasive so they were going to give her the equivalent of Drano to whittle the thing down. Then, after about six more consults, they decided it was OK to just let her go and have her return for MRIs once a month.

This was triply freaky because the initial symptoms that got her to our local hospital, the brain bleed, turned out to be utterly unrelated to the aneurism. But once our Podunk ER got the CAT scan back they said, "this is above my pay grade" an evacuated her to Georgetown. This all took place between 10 pm and 5 am because of course it did. And on top of all of this we had literally just returned from the ER where I had to take my wife at 2 am the prior morning to check on her ongoing neurological problems (which, while thankfully not life threatening, on the 10-point pain scale hit about a 73.)

Anyway, when my wife went to sleep tonight by my count she had been awake, in and out of hospitals, and driving to and from DC for 64 of the prior 72 hours. And in all of this she was unable to take her analgesics because they impede her reflexes. My baby deserves a medal.
        Last edited by Kepler; 09-15-2014, 08:22 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yikes, that sounds awful. HOpe things are a little less exciting for the next few days

Comment

But good to hear the good news that she's ok to be released. Here's to getting some good rest over the coming days for everyone.

ShirtlessBob, keep plugging away. Getting in with a big company like Sam's can be an opportunity to build for the future.
            Originally posted by Priceless
            Good to see you're so reasonable.
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
            Very well, said.
            Originally posted by Rover
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

ShirtlessBob, keep plugging away. Getting in with a big company like Sam's can be an opportunity to build for the future.
              They called for the drug screen/background check today; I go in tomorrow at 11 AM.

What's special about this is that my old co-worker, now a checkout supervisor, first informed me of the position. Then she informed me of the open interviews, and worked to get me in.

I guess hope ISN'T a liar, a cheat, and a tease as I was beginning to think.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                They called for the drug screen/background check today; I go in tomorrow at 11 AM.

What's special about this is that my old co-worker, now a checkout supervisor, first informed me of the position. Then she informed me of the open interviews, and worked to get me in.

More evidence that the best source of jobs isn't the newspaper, the internet, or job placement agencies; it's "contacts". Other peoples' good ol' boys networks will work against you. It's important for you to make your good ol' boys network work for you.

Best of luck. Hope you haven't taken any meds that will trip you up.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                  More evidence that the best source of jobs isn't the newspaper, the internet, or job placement agencies; it's "contacts". Other peoples' good ol' boys networks will work against you. It's important for you to make your good ol' boys network work for you.

Best of luck. Hope you haven't taken any meds that will trip you up.
                  Well, this time I made it work.

And I don't think caffeine will cause any alarms. Speaking of caffeine, I made sure I drank 2 large cups of coffee this morning before the drug test, so when they called my name at Workplace Health this afternoon, I was ready.

Comment

But good to hear the good news that she's ok to be released. Here's to getting some good rest over the coming days for everyone.
                    The good news keeps coming. It looks like my wife's trigeminal neuralgia is responding to her anti-seizure medication. Thanks all for their good thoughts.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      The good news keeps coming. It looks like my wife's trigeminal neuralgia is responding to her anti-seizure medication. Thanks all for their good thoughts.
                      Good to hear!

Comment

Well, this time I made it work.

And I don't think caffeine will cause any alarms. Speaking of caffeine, I made sure I drank 2 large cups of coffee this morning before the drug test, so when they called my name at Workplace Health this afternoon, I was ready.
                        Ha! If I did that, I'd be in the men's room when they called my name.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                          Ha! If I did that, I'd be in the men's room when they called my name.
                          Before they called my name, I was doing the bathroom dance.

And it's official: drug screen and background check came back, I got the call for orientation tomorrow at 1:30.

Comment

And it's official: drug screen and background check came back, I got the call for orientation tomorrow at 1:30.
                            Nice

Comment

Congratulations! That's awesome!
                              Originally posted by Priceless
                              Good to see you're so reasonable.
                              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                              Very well, said.
                              Originally posted by Rover
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X