Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Day 95, three months in.

In case you're wondering, I'm happier and more at peace with myself since starting hormones. Definitely spending more time with my support team.

When I talk to women about everything, it's "we know. We're here for you if you need us."
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Day 95, three months in.

In case you're wondering, I'm happier and more at peace with myself since starting hormones. Definitely spending more time with my support team.

When I talk to women about everything, it's "we know. We're here for you if you need us."
      On the opposite side, this is exactly what I've heard from my former coworker who's been on T shots for 2 years. He's starting a new job soon with the BCBS of Michigan IT department.

Comment

That being said, I am learning about Supreme Cranky B-tch; she can come out and play, even if I've eaten well and slept well. But that's a sign that the hormones are working. I wager emotional puberty comes first, then I'll start seeing physical development.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Very good friend of mine (adopted Mom) and her boyfriend were in a bad motorcycle accident. He's dead, she's messed up pretty bad, including several broken bones and a brain bleed. Asked if I should visit, and she's so messed up that visiting isn't possible right now.

Comment

Very good friend of mine (adopted Mom) and her boyfriend were in a bad motorcycle accident. He's dead, she's messed up pretty bad, including several broken bones and a brain bleed. Asked if I should visit, and she's so messed up that visiting isn't possible right now.
            sorry to hear that. Prayers for her, you and her medical team. <3

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              sorry to hear that. Prayers for her, you and her medical team. <3
              She's doing well. Had surgery to put plates in her face, but she's doing well. Still not taking visitors as of now, but from the looks of Facebook, she's bored and wishes she was out with her running friends.

Comment

5 months; it's gotten so much better. Not only am I happier and more at peace with myself, I'm finding more courage to go out and do things. People are helping with makeup and mannerisms. And I was lovingly called "baby trans" by a sister.

Physical developments: softer lines on my face and acne. This really is a second puberty.

Comment

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Thanks.

Here's a picture at 5 months. Hair is getting longer, note the softer lines on my face. And note the big smile on my face... when I committed to so many endurance events, I was running away from Amber Marie.

39558195_10102478622907027_2980364973055672320_n

Comment

The plan right now is this:

In a couple weeks, file for my legal name change and get the process on that started. It'll take a few months, because this includes fingerprints, background check, posting a notice in the local paper, etc. When it's time to get my driver's license changed, I can also change the gender marker if I have a note from my GP or endocrinologist saying this is needed.

Also, because of this, I'll have to come out to more coworkers. My HR has been my line of defense, shutting down harassment when it occurs, but I want there to be less of a shock when I come in one day and my name badge says "Amber" instead of my dead name. This is a case where I'll have to show people how big my brave actually is.

But at 6 months, I'm doing alright. I'm taking better care of myself, especially getting more sleep, cutting back on caffeine and alcohol, and cutting back on the amount of racing I'm doing.

Comment

Initiated the process for my legal name change yesterday; just need to submit the fingerprints to the state police. Once those come back, I can schedule the hearing to have it done.

Also, my endocrinologist's office called. I'm at near goal on hormones, but he wants the dose upped a bit. Blood work again in 2-3 months.

Comment

Legal name change happens on 12/19 at 8:30 AM. From what I understand, it's basically a formality... just need to walk in, swear that I'm doing this for legitimate reasons, and it will be granted.

Then after that's done, I just get to sit in various government offices for new paperwork.

Comment

Legal name change happens on 12/19 at 8:30 AM. From what I understand, it's basically a formality... just need to walk in, swear that I'm doing this for legitimate reasons, and it will be granted.

Then after that's done, I just get to sit in various government offices for new paperwork.
                            And remember that you have to file at both the state and federal levels. My wife had her name changed with the State of MN at the time of the wedding, but had to make a special trip to the Soc. Sec. Admin's office so she could have her SSA card updated, and for any future passport renewals/updates.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              And remember that you have to file at both the state and federal levels. My wife had her name changed with the State of MN at the time of the wedding, but had to make a special trip to the Soc. Sec. Admin's office so she could have her SSA card updated, and for any future passport renewals/updates.
                              I think Minnesota actually gives you a document that has a nice checklist of places you might have to notify, but didn't think about.

http://www.mncourts.gov/mncourtsgov/...6.pdf?ext=.pdf
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                The local Social Security office is on my list of places to go after I leave the courthouse.

Comment

Working...
                                X