The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

First interview tomorrow. Unsure about this job, but it gets me warmed up to what is hopefully more interviews in the near future.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

It is absolutely ******ing rain right now at 10:25 a.m. Christmas Eve and despite that 3 carolers just showed up at my door. When the doorbell rang I really did not want to answer (who the hell is at my door right now? I grumped to myself) but I relented. 3 young kids without an umbrella proceeded to sing, "We 3 Kings" which 100% is my Christmas carol soft spot and I had to have them into the house. With my family in Bangkok I had nothing to offer but a respite from the rain, but I gave them two umbrellas (why did they not have them already? I live at the very last edge of this gated community so they weren't in it for the scam) and hoped they would be well as they went about singing joy for whomever else might open their door.

Merry Christmas to you all. Be well and take care.

Comment

A classic Irish prayer that may give some hope (or at least a smile).

May those who love us, love us.
        And those that don't love us,
        May God turn their hearts.
        And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
        May He turn their ankles,
        So we'll know them by their limping.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Having more snow tonight and more in a couple of days. Howling winds and very cold temps (for here, I know the eastern bias thing). About 10 yrs ago my cousin's ex died trying to survive in weather like this by sleeping on a hot vent grate in Boston. He froze to death. He couldn't stay sober long enough to get into a shelter. He could be a mean, nasty guy when drinking/drugging but was a wonderful man at the heart of him. When he was sober he had so many talents. My niece, who was 18 at the time, was considered the nearest relative and needed to ID the body. Awful.

Saying a prayer for all those people who can't make it inside. Just having a moment of sadness that something so senseless happened.
          addiction sucks. so much pain involved.

Comment

Ugh. I'm in a really nasty depressive funk right now, my mood is a 3 out of 10, and I didn't get moving until 11 AM this morning. I don't understand... I can run 30.6 miles in one weekend, but I'm having trouble living.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              Ugh. I'm in a really nasty depressive funk right now, my mood is a 3 out of 10, and I didn't get moving until 11 AM this morning. I don't understand... I can run 30.6 miles in one weekend, but I'm having trouble living.
              We all get into these types funks. It is that time of year where we get this. Keep running. Keep plugging away at what you do. Try to take up a new hobby. Something to get your mind off of the situation. It will work out.
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

I'm really in a dark place and need help.

I got passed over for that job I wanted so bad and I'm on the verge of breaking down right now. I busted my butt and nothing. I was told they want to accommodate me somewhere else, but I don't trust anything or anyone. It's like everything is conspiring against me. My wife and I can't get the jobs we want. We can't get pregnant. Nothing can go right for us. Whatever I did in a past life.. I'M SORRY! They say God gives us only what we can handle. "I'M SICK OF HANDLING STUFF!" Make it easier on me just a little bit, please.
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                  I'm really in a dark place and need help.

I got passed over for that job I wanted so bad and I'm on the verge of breaking down right now. I busted my butt and nothing. I was told they want to accommodate me somewhere else, but I don't trust anything or anyone. It's like everything is conspiring against me. My wife and I can't get the jobs we want. We can't get pregnant. Nothing can go right for us. Whatever I did in a past life.. I'M SORRY! They say God gives us only what we can handle. "I'M SICK OF HANDLING STUFF!" Make it easier on me just a little bit, please.
                  For a person that does not believe in a higher up, I do truly feel your frustration. Mr and I went through (and a constant rollercoaster) the same thing. We busted our arse to get the so-called "right jobs". You have to keep plugging away. If you give up, you fail not only yourself, but your wife. You are in it together. I keep saying to myself and the hubby, keep pushing back. Keep pushing back. Fight. If you give up, they win. You are better than that.

Comment

Someone asked me once "Do you work to live or live to work?" It was eye-opening. I started to look at work as only a way to get me where I wanted when I wasn't at work and it made dealing with all the insanity, politicking, nastiness and downright stupidness more manageable. Granted the not getting far at work financially caused problems but disinvesting did wonders for my head.

If you haven't gone to talk to someone maybe that would be a good idea to help you figure out how to deal with all the toxicity that is hitting you right now Saying a prayer.

Comment

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

My dad owes back taxes on the house, and if we don't get some outside help, we are out with no place to go in 3 weeks. We have requests into some local charities, plus my aunt, but nothing happening yet.
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Saying a prayer that things work out

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Saying a prayer that things work out
                          I think it will. We just need to figure out our contribution; dad's church is saying they can help.. if he takes a budget class.

Also: Saturday, I learned that WalMart/Sam's Club is raising pay across the board, but if my supervisor is to be believed, hours will be limited/cut by corporate. In other words, my hourly pay is increasing, but the hours I actually work might be slashed.

Time to find another place of employment?

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            I think it will. We just need to figure out our contribution; dad's church is saying they can help.. if he takes a budget class.

Also: Saturday, I learned that WalMart/Sam's Club is raising pay across the board, but if my supervisor is to be believed, hours will be limited/cut by corporate. In other words, my hourly pay is increasing, but the hours I actually work might be slashed.

Time to find another place of employment?
                            Praying things work out for you on the taxes and job. Generally speaking it's good to stay at the job you have until you get another one that you want to switch to. I've seen cases of someone quitting because they're mad at the current employer and then not finding something to keep income coming in for a good while during their search for the next job, which may happen quickly or take awhile.
                            Originally posted by Priceless
                            Good to see you're so reasonable.
                            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                            Very well, said.
                            Originally posted by Rover
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Stability > $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                                Praying things work out for you on the taxes and job. Generally speaking it's good to stay at the job you have until you get another one that you want to switch to. I've seen cases of someone quitting because they're mad at the current employer and then not finding something to keep income coming in for a good while during their search for the next job, which may happen quickly or take awhile.
                                Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Stability > $$$.
                                The plan is to stay at Sam's while applying elsewhere. I have a few places in mind, but I don't plan on quitting Sam's to bank on these other places, if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X