Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

Press Conference to Announce new coach is scheduled for tomorrow. So candidates that aren't in town can probably be weeded out unless they fly in tomorrow. Probably the fastest search for a new coach but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy who gets the job has had the least support thus far. It would be consistent with all searches like the presidential search the students loved the guy from Texas best but Dr.P was the final selection its all about what keeps things in balance. They should have done this on a day separate from our new school of business ground breaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
      If you want Div 3 go with Adrian's Fogarty, if you want someone with relevant experience go with Whitten.
      As a Tech fan, I can't blame Whitten for applying for HC positions but I'd like to have him stick around here. I think he's a really good assistant for the guys we have and an eventual candidate to replace Pearson.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Laker2Go View Post
        Press Conference to Announce new coach is scheduled for tomorrow. So candidates that aren't in town can probably be weeded out unless they fly in tomorrow. Probably the fastest search for a new coach but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy who gets the job has had the least support thus far. It would be consistent with all searches like the presidential search the students loved the guy from Texas best but Dr.P was the final selection its all about what keeps things in balance. They should have done this on a day separate from our new school of business ground breaking.
        Barr is the only one not within easy driving distance. I think the coaching search took about the right amount of time. They didn't rush it and they didn't drag it out. We do need to get a coach in place and finish up recruiting for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Barr is the only one not within easy driving distance. I think the coaching search took about the right amount of time. They didn't rush it and they didn't drag it out. We do need to get a coach in place and finish up recruiting for next season.
          You can change the coach, but the university is not going to change ... and that's a HUGE part of the equation.
          http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
            You can change the coach, but the university is not going to change ... and that's a HUGE part of the equation.
            Still harping that 136-165-46 was good enough for what this university should expect?

I just hope that whoever is chosen, we come together as the Laker community and welcome them and their family. Not everyone will be pleased no matter who it is that's chosen. The true fans will continue to support our great program and always do what they can to back this coach instead of hoping he fails. Let's make this a positive transition and hopefully the team will respond to the support with some extra second half effort this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers-88-92-94 View Post
              Still harping that 136-165-46 was good enough for what this university should expect?

I just hope that whoever is chosen, we come together as the Laker community and welcome them and their family. Not everyone will be pleased no matter who it is that's chosen. The true fans will continue to support our great program and always do what they can to back this coach instead of hoping he fails. Let's make this a positive transition and hopefully the team will respond to the support with some extra second half effort this year!
              The university should not expect anything more from the team than they put into it. You don't pay for an old Chevy and expect a Cadillac. When you fund the bottom of the barrel, you should expect the bottom of the barrel. Minimum two full time assistants, at least one good experienced one, especially if it's a young head coach, at least middle of the league recruiting budget, it costs more for coaches to travel, it costs more to get recruits to visit. The fewer quality D1 players that visit, the fewer that will sign and team facilities that are at least on par with the other UP schools. If those things aren't there, don't expect long term improvement. Don't expect to be playing at home in the playoffs.

Comment

It is well known that the funding is not where it should be. I would think all fans can agree Two full time assistant coaches is needed. Some fans think AD Dunbar should be relieved of her job some could care less. After the new coach is announced tomorrow we can all either support the program the best we can or continue to point out the flaws of the system, which is not very constructive in my oppinion.

The new coach is going to have a team that will most likely have a freshman in net and a young D-core so it's hard to expect to much the first couple years. The one thing I would like to see though is consistent play game to game.
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                  The university should not expect anything more from the team than they put into it. You don't pay for an old Chevy and expect a Cadillac. When you fund the bottom of the barrel, you should expect the bottom of the barrel. Minimum two full time assistants, at least one good experienced one, especially if it's a young head coach, at least middle of the league recruiting budget, it costs more for coaches to travel, it costs more to get recruits to visit. The fewer quality D1 players that visit, the fewer that will sign and team facilities that are at least on par with the other UP schools. If those things aren't there, don't expect long term improvement. Don't expect to be playing at home in the playoffs.
                  Agreed!!
                  http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers-88-92-94 View Post

Pay no heed to the Roque apologists....we true fans will come together and stand behind who ever is chosen, giving then the necessary time needed to set this ship right. We all have our favorites but one thing we can all agree on is that the school took the needed time and effort to do this the right way....something that they did not do before!

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                      Pay no heed to the Roque apologists....we true fans will come together and stand behind who ever is chosen, giving then the necessary time needed to set this ship right. We all have our favorites but one thing we can all agree on is that the school took the needed time and effort to do this the right way....something that they did not do before!
                      This x 1000, I'm very excited to hear who got the job, any way you slice it, Laker hockey was ready for a different guy holding the marker for the whiteboard!

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                        The new coach is going to have a team that will most likely have a freshman in net and a young D-core so it's hard to expect to much the first couple years. The one thing I would like to see though is consistent play game to game.
                        I would not call the transfer from OSU who is 22 a freshman
                        http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Yooper_by_choice View Post
                          I would not call the transfer from OSU who is 22 a freshman
                          I wouldn't either if I was talking about him.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

What is the necessary time you and others are thinking? True fans will truthfully acknowledge the hard work of our coaching team that was Roque, Laprode and Christian who all tirelessly worked to develop great athletes and have recruited where others didn't necessarily see great D1 potential.Wake up and stop thinking that just because fans feel that the way Kris executed a poorly thought out removal that they are ANTI Laker Hockey. People assumed when Dr.Mclain was brought in after Rodney Loman GREAT things would happen. The truth is hes made some moves but like the person said about the chevy and Cadillac we need to stop attacking good people and start addressing the real leadership issues. Tomorrow everyone will roll around campus for the horse and pony press conf and I'm willing to bet if you have more than 50 people there it will be entertaining. Because not a one will demand better support for the program or ask Kris anything of value like at real press conferences. Hopefully hes not a "troll" that might get locals angry.
                            Originally posted by jnacc View Post

Comment

Matt Wellens of USCHO and the Mining-Journal just tweeted that LSSU Athletics told him that there won't be an announcement tomorrow. Read into that what you will in terms of who might be named.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by DM2SM
                                Whitten has been the second assistant for two schools that have not had success and the hockey operations man during MSU’s decline. It tells me he has learned how not to do things and having never been a head coach, the only way he is in would be, well how influential can Rick Comley actually be? Whitten has absolutely nothing on his resume’ to show he can run a program. I would have him fourth out of five with only Metro behind him.
                                I think Mel Pearson would disagree.

Comment

Working...
                                X