Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014 off-season thread (part 2)

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    They did finally!
    http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...14-15/schedule

No series with Notre Dame or Michigan listed. Also no exhibition games listed as well but I think they might be added at some point.

EDIT: The schedule incorrectly lists January 16-17 as Bowling Green State. It is supposed to be Bemidji State.
    Thank you LSSULaker889294.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Thank you LSSULaker889294.
      No problem. Now for them to get season tickets on sale. It's almost July so I'm assuming it should be anytime now.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        They did finally!
        http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...14-15/schedule

No series with Notre Dame or Michigan listed. Also no exhibition games listed as well but I think they might be added at some point.

EDIT: The schedule incorrectly lists January 16-17 as Bowling Green State. It is supposed to be Bemidji State.
        I wonder if games will be added at a later date to fill in the 4 remaining non-conference games. I also wonder if things are so bad financially, that it is cheaper for them to forgo the remaining 4 non-conference games with bye weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
          I wonder if games will be added at a later date to fill in the 4 remaining non-conference games. I also wonder if things are so bad financially, that it is cheaper for them to forgo the remaining 4 non-conference games with bye weeks.
          I'm guessing Whitten is not a fan of the 2 for 1 deals that Michigan, Michigan State and Notre Dame offered us. Perhaps he didn't want to do them unlike Roque and instead try and get more home games with other NC teams. Unfortunately for this season, it was probably too late to try and get NC games at home.

Hopefully they can fill in a couple of the bye weeks some home exhibition games.

Comment

They haven't done a press release yet announcing the schedule. Perhaps this is just a preliminary schedule and they are still trying to find another non-conference opponent to play, preferably at home. Excluding exhibition games, we only played 36 games this past season.

Comment

They haven't done a press release yet announcing the schedule. Perhaps this is just a preliminary schedule and they are still trying to find another non-conference opponent to play, preferably at home. Excluding exhibition games, we only played 36 games this past season.
              That' true, however it's almost July and about 80% of teams have already released schedules.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                That' true, however it's almost July and about 80% of teams have already released schedules.
                I don't know if anybody has mentioned it already, but Bemidji is nowhere to be found on the schedule.
                Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

We have a new recruit on the Heisenberg site by the name Bird. Bchl
                  BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                    I don't know if anybody has mentioned it already, but Bemidji is nowhere to be found on the schedule.
                    We play Bemidji January 16-17 at Abel Arena. It says Bowling Green for that weekend, but it's a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                      We have a new recruit on the Heisenberg site by the name Bird. Bchl
                      He's a D-man. He played with both Vernon (Ryan Renz) and Merritt (Scott Patterson) this past season. Put up good numbers for a D-man. Here's a line on him: http://www.merrittcentennials.com/le...layerID=822640

Comment

He's a D-man. He played with both Vernon (Ryan Renz) and Merritt (Scott Patterson) this past season. Put up good numbers for a D-man. Here's a line on him: http://www.merrittcentennials.com/le...layerID=822640
                        This Renz seems to have played in so few games over a season. Is he injury prone ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          This Renz seems to have played in so few games over a season. Is he injury prone ?
                          I know he was injured the early portion of this past season but I don't recall what type of injury he had. He was the captain of his Junior team and the Lakers seem to like those type of players. My impression is that he's more of a defensive minded (shut down) D-man.

Comment

I think we just need one more forward and then our roster should be set.

Also they fixed the schedule. They put in Bemidji State where they had Bowling Green State by mistake.

Comment

Here's a press release from Bird's Junior A Team:

http://www.merrittcentennials.com/le...957&page=80652

Comment

ONLY 100 days to go until the Damon Whitten era starts.

Comment

Working...
                                X