Page 43 of 125 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Quote Originally Posted by busterman62 View Post
    When they don't have oil?
    Where the hell is all that Iraqi oil we were promised (I'm looking at you McCain)? Wasn't that supposed to pay for the war?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Official Bottom Ten Spokesman

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Perry is just ****ed because he thinks others get to choose whether they want to be alcoholic or gay, while he knows he can't do a thing about the brain he was born with.
    Yup, we have no control over our actions. Heinous of him to suggest human beings can make choices. That's just totally wacko!
    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Very well, said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    A fair assessment Bob.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    president is saying no ground troops in Iraq, essentially saying its up to Iraq. He will try diplomatic solutions TF
    Good. We've been inserting America into Iraq since ~1979, with a brief break following the Iraq/Iran war. We never left after the Gulf War in '91 (policing the no-fly zones). We need to extricate ourselves from the Middle East as much as possible, perhaps leaving a naval base in Qatar or UAE if we're not prepared to leave entirely.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
    Yup, we have no control over our actions. Heinous of him to suggest human beings can make choices. That's just totally wacko!
    So it's a case of it being okay to have been born homosexual, but it becomes a bad thing once you act upon those inclinations? Even when it's an act between two consenting adults?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    So it's a case of it being okay to have been born homosexual, but it becomes a bad thing once you act upon those inclinations? Even when it's an act between two consenting adults?
    As I said, we can't expect people to think and make choices and realize they are making choices. These days such stuff is downright unAmerican!
    Very well, said.
    A fair assessment Bob.

Gurtholfin

Yup, we have no control over our actions.

What we don't have control over is what we are.

Something you continue to prove.

Gurtholfin

As I said, we can't expect people to think and make choices and realize they are making choices. These days such stuff is downright unAmerican!

So you believe that homosexuality is a choice?

Hey, I was born a chocoholic. I can't not do anything but eat that chocolate cake people put in front of me and heaven help the person who says differently. I was just born into chocolate eating for my whole life. It's who I am.
    Very well, said.
    A fair assessment Bob.

Gurtholfin

Hey, I was born a chocoholic. I can't not do anything but eat that chocolate cake people put in front of me and heaven help the person who says differently. I was just born into chocolate eating for my whole life. It's who I am.

A simpleton, much like the Texas governor.

Congrats!

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

So heterosexuals are addicted to heterosexual sex? (Jokes about teenage boys aside.)

Edit: So I'm not being snippy, let me add more. I disagree with homosexuality being equated to being addicted to something, rather than to liking or having a preference for something. I can be born to like the taste of chocolate or alcohol or to not like it, just like I can be born to like boys or to like girls (or both I suppose). And really, if someone likes or does not like a particular thing, what do I care? Now, if they like that thing to excess and it's damaging to them, I might judge a little and perhaps point it out (though I still don't have much in my power to physical stop them). If they eat 5 pounds of chocolate every day that's not exactly a good long term solution for their health. And if they have loads of unprotected sex every day, be it straight or gay, it's also not going to be good for them. But if they exercise and just have a candy bar each night, or if they are in a monogamous and safe long term relationship, hey, enjoy what you were born to enjoy.
    Last edited by French Rage; 06-13-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Technologieberater FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

It's like how heterosexuals can choose to wait to have sex until they're married, right Bob? We all know that's a high, but worthy moral standard that most humans fail to meet.

But somehow, that choice is morally incorrect if the gays want to get married. Hmm...I know! It's because gay people are addicted to the gay lifestyle, just like alcoholics are addicted to the way their bodies metabolize the chemical substance C2H6O! It must be right, Professor Perry told me so.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    It's like how heterosexuals can choose to wait to have sex until they're married, right Bob? We all know that's a high, but worthy moral standard that most humans fail to meet.
    Another subject, but those who do are generally glad they did. Of course, they're merely denying who they really are and fooling themselves into thinking they have a choice.
    Very well, said.
    A fair assessment Bob.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

100% correct. When do we finally ask other countries to take care of their own problems?
    I don't see any other options. You can't turn a cesspool into a swimming pool if people keep ****ting in it. The funny part was political solutions, their are none at this point and won't be in the forseeable future
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

wubba lubba dub dub

Are you saying that homosexual feelings should be supressed because they're harmful to the person? Being a chocoholic or an alcoholic are often destructive traits, either creating a istuation where the person becomes morbidly corpulant or cerosis (SP?) of the liver, respectively; both of those leading to a premature death and likely creating havoc in the lives of people around you.

Based upon your comparisons, a homosexual person is ruining his/her life, and therefore will either need to live a completely forced celibate life or force that person into a relationship with a person of the opposite sex. One would be akin to making a eunuch of the person, or forcing the person into an unnatural relationship for him/her. Three questions for you from that, Bob. Would you want your frankenfurter chopped off, leaving the beans so that you have all the desire in the world but unable to act upon them? Would you like to be forced into a sexual relationship with a man? Lastly, would you really want your son or daughter to - either unknowingly or knowingly - to marry a self-described "reformed" (likely forced reformation) homosexual?

Those are the realities you're placing upon those people.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    HEY LOOK it's Kepler! I missed you man, tell us about southern people.
    They're all dumb hicks who suffer from the gum disease GINGIVITIS!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I don't see any other options. You can't turn a cesspool into a swimming pool if people keep ****ting in it. The funny part was political solutions, their are none at this point and won't be in the forseeable future
    Divide the country I say.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Technologieberater FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Of course, they're merely denying who they really are and fooling themselves into thinking they have a choice.
    I never said, nor so much as implied that. You did.

I'm just going to refrain from commenting on your dodge of the rest of my statement regarding Perry's "expert" line of thinking, as I don't think we're changing each other's minds here.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Inspired by Actual Events

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    They're all dumb hicks who suffer from the gum disease GINGIVITIS!
    Let him do it. I was hoping for a "slave states" reference.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I never said, nor so much as implied that. You did.

I'm just going to refrain from commenting on your dodge of the rest of my statement regarding Perry's "expert" line of thinking, as I don't think we're changing each other's minds here.
    Hey, when there's ten people to respond to, responses get lumped together a bit. As I'm sure you can understand, reading back through this thread, where others have implied that. I knew people would melt down over the concept of people having the ability to make choices in their life, as if you acknowledge that, you then have to be willing to accept the consequences of those choices, a concept that has been waning in this country for a good while now.
    Very well, said.
    A fair assessment Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Are you saying that homosexual feelings should be supressed because they're harmful to the person? Being a chocoholic or an alcoholic are often destructive traits, either creating a istuation where the person becomes morbidly corpulant or cerosis (SP?) of the liver, respectively; both of those leading to a premature death and likely creating havoc in the lives of people around you.

Based upon your comparisons, a homosexual person is ruining his/her life, and therefore will either need to live a completely forced celibate life or force that person into a relationship with a person of the opposite sex. One would be akin to making a eunuch of the person, or forcing the person into an unnatural relationship for him/her. Three questions for you from that, Bob. Would you want your frankenfurter chopped off, leaving the beans so that you have all the desire in the world but unable to act upon them? Would you like to be forced into a sexual relationship with a man? Lastly, would you really want your son or daughter to - either unknowingly or knowingly - to marry a self-described "reformed" (likely forced reformation) homosexual?

Those are the realities you're placing upon those people.
    Hating on my chocolate, eh? Figures!
    Very well, said.
    A fair assessment Bob.

Thread Information