Page 42 of 125 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Priceless
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Not sure I like the way this revolution is working out....

That's the Jews you're thinking of. The Muslims have a whole different book about how to kill infidels with IEDs.
    Right. He's a Jewish Tea Party candidate from Oklahoma.

Gurtholfin

Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

No, I'm saying the Muslims don't worship the Old Testament.
    Jews = Old Testament
    Christians = New Testament
    Muslims = IED Manufacture/Virgin Acquisition Manual

Your "joke" was weak the first time you wrote it.

Gurtholfin

woooooosh. Here's another one who completely missed the point. I'm clarifying the religious texts in a generous attempt to help Priceless's confusion. He thought a guy was a Muslim based on his quoting from the Old Testament.

To which you responded by smearing an entire religion in a ham-handed attempt at humor.

I don't think I missed anything.

It just wasn't funny. Too obvious.

Inspired by Actual Events

Quote Originally Posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    To which you responded by smearing an entire religion in a ham-handed attempt at humor.

I don't think I missed anything.

It just wasn't funny. Too obvious.
    sorry. I got a little carried away.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

sorry. I got a little carried away.
    Don't you know you can only make jokes about Christians on here
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Don't you know you can only make jokes about Christians on here
    Well you have to admit they're the most laughable.

Technologieberater FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Rick Perry compares homosexuality to alcoholism

Such a nice guy.

Last I checked, the alcoholic is eventually faced with a pretty clear cut choice - either get sober, or commit eventual suicide by habitual drinking. Years of medical research have established that alcoholic's brain rewires itself over time and causes a progressive downward spiral, from the first very drink to eventual sobriety or death. Alcoholics who get sober for awhile, then fall off the wagon again months or years later, typically find that the addictive progression has simply frozen in time, and they end up worse off than before, if not dead. In fact, this is true for addicts of any drug.

The homosexual does not decide to either 'go straight', or commit eventual suicide just by acting on homosexual "cravings". Furthermore, homosexuals do not get "progressively worse" over time.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Rick Perry compares homosexuality to alcoholism

Such a nice guy.

Last I checked, the alcoholic is eventually faced with a pretty clear cut choice - either get sober, or commit eventual suicide by habitual drinking. Years of medical research have established that alcoholic's brain rewires itself over time and causes a progressive downward spiral, from the first very drink to eventual sobriety or death. Alcoholics who get sober for awhile, then fall off the wagon again months or years later, typically find that the addictive progression has simply frozen in time, and they end up worse off than before, if not dead. In fact, this is true for addicts of any drug.

The homosexual does not decide to either 'go straight', or commit eventual suicide just by acting on homosexual "cravings". Furthermore, homosexuals do not get "progressively worse" over time.
    Damm. I wish he would've waited till getting the nomination for that answer. Oh, well.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Forget about that. THIS statement just cost Rick Perry his political career!

"Very, very capable public servant, great secretary of State, first lady. Very capable."

-- Gov. Rick Perry (R), quoted by the Los Angeles Times, on Hillary Clinton

Opie/Fishy/Flaggy - whaddaya think - this guy is going to be your nominee in '16 and he loves Hillary???
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

War Mongering Conservadem!

It is gonna be hilarious to watch the Cons try and defend all of this...i bet fishy is already ready to explain why this is good for the GOP
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

The Dark One

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    It is gonna be hilarious to watch the Cons try and defend all of this...i bet fishy is already ready to explain why this is good for the GOP

I thought Fishy was an "independent"?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    What's even more hilarious was that they (the GOP) said they were stepping out of the culture wars for this cycle. Now you have Perry who is the Governor of a very important State saying something beyond stupid.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Perry is just ****ed because he thinks others get to choose whether they want to be alcoholic or gay, while he knows he can't do a thing about the brain he was born with.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    What's even more hilarious was that they (the GOP) said they were stepping out of the culture wars for this cycle. Now you have Perry who is the Governor of a very important State saying something beyond stupid.
    They can't help themselves.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Regarding Eric Cantor getting primaried: Is this a sign that voters are finally going to get serious about cleaning house and starting fresh, or some fluke based on personalities? (too lazy to read political analysis)
    The leading theories seem to be:

1) It's anti-immigration reform sentiment. This seems to be rebutted in that VA-7 doesn't poll radically anti-immigration reform, although it might be a case where radicals voted in larger numbers.

2) It's a Dem "operation chaos." This seems to be rebutted in that areas within the district with more Dems actually voted in smaller numbers than in a usual Republican primary.

3) It's Cantor, personally. Here's some inside baseball from my wife who works on the Hill: because Cantor is the majority leader he has a leadership staff that deals with all the issues involving those duties. That's where his A team staffers work. His regular office staff, the people who are tasked with responding to his district constituents, were his B team, so his district service suffered. That made him vulnerable to charges he had "gone Washington."

4) It's a revolt against Republican Hill leadership. Pundits love this theory, since it sets up an easy-to-write "Frankenstein's Monster" cautionary tale. It is not supported by the other primaries in which establishment leadership held their positions.
    Last edited by Kepler; 06-13-2014 at 09:27 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

president is saying no ground troops in Iraq, essentially saying its up to Iraq. He will try diplomatic solutions TF

president is saying no ground troops in Iraq, essentially saying its up to Iraq. He will try diplomatic solutions TF
    It is hilarious. No one listened to Colin Powell including Barack, now everyone has to pay for it.

The Dark One

president is saying no ground troops in Iraq, essentially saying its up to Iraq.

100% correct. When do we finally ask other countries to take care of their own problems?

I never meant to make you cry

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    100% correct. When do we finally ask other countries to take care of their own problems?
    When they don't have oil?
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Inspired by Actual Events

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    The leading theories seem to be
    HEY LOOK it's Kepler! I missed you man, tell us about southern people.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Thread Information