Page 40 of 125 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

wubba lubba dub dub

Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    This sounds familiar...
    Really? I think it's an entirely different situation from then as it is now. (Not the power thing, but how much power and how few giant companies there really were then than we have now are, in general, not relatable.)
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Hell, how about January 5th when they race out with Articles of Impeachment for being black.
    The awesomeness starts in November and doesn't end till Hillary is sworn in.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Official Bottom Ten Spokesman

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Tell me She didn't really say this:
    Sounds like she's been taking lessons in Obamaspeak.
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Very well, said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    A fair assessment Bob.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

The position was created in 1899, so it has never happened before.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Hell, how about January 5th when they race out with Articles of Impeachment for being black.
    The President may be incompetent, but his actions have not risen to the standards of "high crimes and misdemeanors". The best the Congre$$ can do is to thwart the use of Executive Oders (sic) as a replacement for legislation.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

The President may be incompetent, but his actions have not risen to the standards of "high crimes and misdemeanors". The best the Congre$$ can do is to thwart the use of Executive Oders (sic) as a replacement for legislation.
    Neither did Clinton's indiscretions. That didn't stop the GOP machine.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

wubba lubba dub dub

An act does not have to be criminal in order to be impeachable. An act could be as simple as showing horrendously poor judgment, like in the Bergdahl case, if you're inclined to think that.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

wubba lubba dub dub

Clinton was disbarred and lost his standing with the SCOTUS for lying under oath within a court. He could have been criminally charged and likely would have lost the case, based upon the information that came out of the Starr investigations.

He lied to a grand jury. That's what got the indictment.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    An act does not have to be criminal in order to be impeachable. An act could be as simple as showing horrendously poor judgment, like in the Bergdahl case, if you're inclined to think that.
    As Kennedy(?) said, an impeachment of the President is the ultimate political trial - the American equivalent of Charles I before Parliament. So far, the Congre$$ is 0 - 2 (Nixon does not count as he quit before trial) on removal of a sitting President from office.

One day, a President will so overstep his bounds that he will be convicted. So far, I've haven't seen it.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by st. Clown View Post
    clinton was disbarred and lost his standing with the scotus for lying under oath within a court. He could have been criminally charged and likely would have lost the case, based upon the information that came out of the starr investigations.
    lol

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Neither one actually. Clinton was tried and aquitted of lying to a grand jury under oath unless someone missed that kangaroo court back then. Furthermore it was stated at the time there was no way they'd ever get a perjury conviction on him as the case was too flimsy and only brought to a head as part of a legislative coup. But look on the bright side Clown and joecct, it managed to get your hero George W Bush elected, and look how much good that's done for the Right.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

War Mongering Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Clinton was disbarred and lost his standing with the SCOTUS for lying under oath within a court. He could have been criminally charged and likely would have lost the case, based upon the information that came out of the Starr investigations.
    You dont really buy that he was impeached because of that do you? I know you want to believe that but pretty much everyone knew what was going on. They couldnt nail him for Whitewater or any of the other charges that the GOP had investigated so they played gotcha with his getting a BJ in office.

Of course Reagan lied about way worse, was caught AND ADMITTED IT and he was never impeached by the Dems.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

But look on the bright side Clown and joecct, it managed to get your hero George W Bush elected, and look how much good that's done for the Right.
    Clinton and Reagan are reflection and learning. W is drudging up ancient history...don't go there.
    Go Gophers!

Neither one actually. Clinton was tried and aquitted of lying to a grand jury under oath unless someone missed that kangaroo court back then. Furthermore it was stated at the time there was no way they'd ever get a perjury conviction on him as the case was too flimsy and only brought to a head as part of a legislative coup. But look on the bright side Clown and joecct, it managed to get your hero George W Bush elected, and look how much good that's done for the Right.
    Part A. It was flimsy. Should he have been impeached? No as there were never enough votes to convict. Got to know your jury pool before going before the judge.

Part B. One word - Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    You dont really buy that he was impeached because of that do you? I know you want to believe that but pretty much everyone knew what was going on. They couldnt nail him for Whitewater or any of the other charges that the GOP had investigated so they played gotcha with his getting a BJ in office.

Of course Reagan lied about way worse, was caught AND ADMITTED IT and he was never impeached by the Dems.
    Correct. And Reagan is GOD and Clinton is drip slime to the GOP. Amazing the selective memory around here.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Slightly off topic but I saw something funny today, which I'll paraphrase:

Conservatives aren't upset that Obama negotiated with the Taliban over the Bergdahl release. They're upset with the Taliban for negotiating with Obama!

After all, the enemy of your enemy is your friend, right guys?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Priceless

Big ups to the state of Oklahoma for giving us a Tea Party candidate who thinks gay people should be stoned to death. THAT is how you appeal to moderate voters!

Big ups to the state of Oklahoma for giving us a Tea Party candidate who thinks gay people should be stoned to death. THAT is how you appeal to moderate voters!
    The more of them the GOP runs the better. We need this gay stuff stamped out before we all go to hell.

Want a laugh?

Brat who crushed Cantor last night was asked his position on the minimum wage. He doesn't have one. He's a college Econ professor.
    The msnbc host then asked whether he supports an increase in the minimum wage. Brat responded, “Um, I don’t have a well-crafted response on that one.”
    https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...policy-minimum

What an ********.
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 06-11-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Gurtholfin

Brat who crushed Cantor last night was asked his position on the minimum wage. He doesn't have one. He's a college Econ professor.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...policy-minimum

What an ********.

Who's the ********?

Brat or the morons who voted for him?

I happened to have that on this morning when Todd was interviewing him and it's clear he's in way over his head.

I'm not sad to see Cantor go, but these tea-baggers are a bit scary.

Thread Information