Page 37 of 125 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 2482

Thread: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

  1. #721
    Official Bottom Ten Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    24,330

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    It isn't just that GWB did it, but when he did it you didn't hear the OUTRAGE that is out there today. The Tories sure as hell wouldn't criticize Fearless Leader and liberals knew GWB wasn't saying he was a dictator and the government belonged to him. Clinton also called it "my government" from time to time and even though they hated him with a passion the right wing loons didn't go nuts over it. Now they are. Why is that you suppose?
    There wasn't anything GWB did that didn't generate outrage around here. This place has never shown a fraction of the outrage toward Obama that went on during the Bush years. No matter what Bush did, people went nuts around here. Hadn't seen that toward any president before or since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Very well, said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    A fair assessment Bob.

  2. #722
    Gurtholfin
    Guest

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
    There wasn't anything GWB did that didn't generate outrage around here. This place has never shown a fraction of the outrage toward Obama that went on during the Bush years. No matter what Bush did, people went nuts around here. Hadn't seen that toward any president before or since.

    A William Jefferson Clinton is on line 1...

  3. #723
    I never meant to make you cry
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Just got in from way up North
    Posts
    2,728

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    It's always outrage when directed at one's own party and it's appropriate criticism when directed at the others. It allows one to be hypocritical without the guilt.
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

  4. #724
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    73,051

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    It never ceases to amaze me how we have the time and money to pass laws but we have no time and money to enforce them.

    https://www.nbcnews.com/video/ronan-f...23108#55323108

    There is NO EXCUSE for having a rape kit backlog. NONE. The women's story in Memphis (see video) is inexcusable.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  5. #725
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28,515

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
    There wasn't anything GWB did that didn't generate outrage around here. This place has never shown a fraction of the outrage toward Obama that went on during the Bush years. No matter what Bush did, people went nuts around here. Hadn't seen that toward any president before or since.
    Is this really a surprise though?

    Look at this thread:
    board.uscho.com/showthread.php?98529-What-is-your-political-stance

    Of the 47 respondants, 28 were at least leaning left. The vast majority were also libertarians.

    Among those on the right, there was a total of what? Six or seven that regularly post in the politics threads?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  6. #726
    Priceless
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Is this really a surprise though?

    Look at this thread:
    board.uscho.com/showthread.php?98529-What-is-your-political-stance

    Of the 47 respondants, 28 were at least leaning left. The vast majority were also libertarians.

    Among those on the right, there was a total of what? Six or seven that regularly post in the politics threads?
    I'd been meaning to ask that again.

  7. #727
    Official Bottom Ten Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    24,330

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how we have the time and money to pass laws but we have no time and money to enforce them.

    https://www.nbcnews.com/video/ronan-f...23108#55323108

    There is NO EXCUSE for having a rape kit backlog. NONE. The women's story in Memphis (see video) is inexcusable.
    You must despise how Obama openly and regularly says he's not going to enforce various laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Very well, said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    A fair assessment Bob.

  8. #728

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,001

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    So I can expect these same people to go absolutely bonkers the next time a Tory is POTUS.
    Yep. I want three equal branches of the government.
    The more the government runs by Executive Orders, the easier it is to take a final leap into a despot, benevolent or not.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

    ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

    Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

    I want to live forever. So far, so good.

  9. #729
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28,515

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I'd been meaning to ask that again.
    I knew I had the spreadsheet with the graph saved on my HDD somewhere. I just couldn't find it at first.

    I'd be curious to find out if there's an updated version and whether anyone's (or even the average poster's) views have changed.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  10. #730
    Priceless
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I knew I had the spreadsheet with the graph saved on my HDD somewhere. I just couldn't find it at first.

    I'd be curious to find out if there's an updated version and whether anyone's (or even the average poster's) views have changed.
    I still have the graph. Maybe I'll start a thread and compare the results.

  11. #731
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28,515

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I still have the graph. Maybe I'll start a thread and compare the results.
    Do you remember which posters had the "fake" results? I remember aparch (or was it ameherstblackbear?) tried to see if (s)he could get a certain score but later flagged it as such.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  12. #732
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    73,051

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
    You must despise how Obama openly and regularly says he's not going to enforce various laws.
    Yes, I do. The Congress should get them off the books. Clean the **** up.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  13. #733

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,001

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yes, I do. The Congress should get them off the books. Clean the **** up.
    Taxes?
    Immigration?
    Environment?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

    ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

    Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

    I want to live forever. So far, so good.

  14. #734
    Official Bottom Ten Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    24,330

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yes, I do. The Congress should get them off the books. Clean the **** up.
    But I think he doesn't enforce them because he doesn't like the laws, but Congress, for whatever reason, chooses to not get rid of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Very well, said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    A fair assessment Bob.

  15. #735
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    73,051

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
    But I think he doesn't enforce them because he doesn't like the laws, but Congress, for whatever reason, chooses to not get rid of them.
    So, we're not enforcing rape law because we don't like it? Oh, yeah, I forgot. The Women's body has ways to just shut that **** down.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  16. #736
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Phoenix. AZ
    Posts
    23,018

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    So, we're not enforcing rape law because we don't like it? Oh, yeah, I forgot. The Women's body has ways to just shut that **** down.
    Try not to be so hysterical. Most rapes are local not federal crimes. So the blame for backlogs rightly belongs with your pal Rahm in Chicago and the other democrat mayors in our big cities.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

  17. #737
    Alien With an Attitude
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The True North Strong and Free
    Posts
    11,334

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Pio View Post
    Try not to be so hysterical. Most rapes are local not federal crimes. So the blame for backlogs rightly belongs with your pal Rahm in Chicago and the other democrat mayors in our big cities.
    Meanwhile, feminist heads explode when Miss Nevada/Miss USA says women should learn self defense to prevent rape

    https://spectator.org/blog/59541/miss...itter-loses-it
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

  18. #738
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,601

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Pio View Post
    So the blame for backlogs rightly belongs with your pal Rahm in Chicago and the other democrat mayors in our big cities.
    That kind of generalized statement usually comes from Mr. Gray, not you, Pio.

    By "backlogs" do you mean cases that are being or will be prosecuted but are not moving through the system? My reason for asking is that DAs in my neck of the woods fall all over themselves prosecuting sexual assault and drug cases. It's the fraud, theft and other cases that require manpower but have less marquee value that are treated like poor cousins.

  19. #739
    Priceless
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Meanwhile, feminist heads explode when Miss Nevada/Miss USA says women should learn self defense to prevent rape

    https://spectator.org/blog/59541/miss...itter-loses-it
    So 2 or 3 people on twitter = the whole feminist movement? Does that mean I can point to 2-3 racists and say they represent all the Tories? Haven't we reached consensus that Twitter attracts the lowest common denominators in almost every walk of life? Like those bigots from Toronto the CBC said were from Boston attacking PK Subban?

    I am a feminist and I would encourage women (and men) to learn self-defense. I doubt everyone would become a 4th-degree black belt...

  20. #740
    Gurtholfin
    Guest

    Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Pio View Post
    Try not to be so hysterical. Most rapes are local not federal crimes. So the blame for backlogs rightly belongs with your pal Rahm in Chicago and the other democrat mayors in our big cities.
    You realize that none of us actually live in or anywhere near Chicago, right?


    Why this fascination with the Windy City?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •