Page 36 of 125 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Royal Assent?? https://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/1453...bergdahl-deal/

But as Winston Churchill said:
    “The loyalties which center upon number one are enormous. If he trips, he must be sustained. If he make mistakes, they must be covered. If he sleeps, he must not be wantonly disturbed. If he is no good, he must be pole-axed.”
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post

Nothing to see there.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Nothing to see there.
    The faux pas, if that's what he truly meant, would indicate a gracious misreading of the Constitution or a case of supreme hubris.

I'm going to give his Exaltedness a pass here, but if He does it again, then we need to remember that he who exalts himself will be humbled.

Priceless

Weird. The Tories blast him for not being a strong leader (and openly cheer for Putin) yet when he shows a little leadership they declare that he's a dictator...

As always, the comments are the best part.

Waiting for the military coup that will make him dictator. I expect it will be before the next elections in 2016. He has removed all the leaders in the military who disagree with him in order to make the take over easier. Will Americans stand for it?
    Reply · Like · 33 · Follow Post · 11 hours ago

Sharon Knott Vogt · Top Commenter · Columbia, Illinois
    No, the plan I see, is, do things that create a lot of conflict among people. When it gets bad enough, declare marshall law, call up the troops to maintain peace and then call off elections and stay in office until things calm down. In the mean while use troops to get rid of people that disagree with you. Can we say Dictator Obama? Oh and I forgot, mandatory confiscation of guns.
    Reply · Like · 67 · Edited · 10 hours ago

Gary R. Patton · Top Commenter · Principal & Strategic HR Executive, Total Rewards Consultant at Ihrc3
    I have personally spoken to people in Kansas and Iowa in the last 3 months who are very worried about people living on US Military bases in their area that were supposedly closed. They are training for something and come into the towns on their time off all wearing "Brown" shirts and they refer to AmeriCorp. Is this the private army that Obama said he wanted?
    And you all knew this was coming: Where were these people when Bush said it?
    President Bush said that a strong dollar is the "policy of my government."
    At this hour, the world is witnessing terrible suffering and horrible crimes in the Darfur region of Sudan, crimes my government has concluded are genocide.
    Oh, they were defending him
    During this afternoon’s Situation Room, CNN’s Jack Cafferty mocked the President for referring to the Bush administration as "my government." Yesterday morning, President Bush, while responding to a reporter’s question on the controversy surrounding the management of six U.S. ports being turned over to a United Arab Emirates-owned company, remarked that the transaction had been vetted by "my government" and that the ports would remain secure.

This innocuous phrase seemed to tick Cafferty off during his daily Cafferty File segment shortly before 4:15pm.

Jack Cafferty: "Is it still Bush’s government? Remember in the cabinet meeting he said, don’t worry about security, my government has taken a look at this and everything’s alright?..That’s unbelievable."

Silly as this may sound, Cafferty took great offense that the President of the United States had referred to his administration as, well, his. Cafferty, bafflingly, interpreted "my government" to mean that President Bush had decided to take sole ownership of the U.S. government. When anchor Wolf Blitzer reassured Cafferty that it is indeed "our government," Cafferty fired back angrily:

Cafferty: "Well, not, not according to President Bush it isn’t. It’s my government, he said."
    insert OP's accusation of tu quoque here

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Weird. The Tories blast him for not being a strong leader (and openly cheer for Putin) yet when he shows a little leadership they declare that he's a dictator...

Wrapped just a teensy bit too tight, aren't we?
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

So Obama is just like Bush?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Priceless
    So Obama is just like Bush?
    Right. And like Clinton, Bush 41, Reagan, Carter....

I never meant to make you cry

I think you need to put your talents to better use.
    Step 1: go to link
    Step 2: Click on "Search Openings"
    Step 3:Choose the following selections: Under "Business Section" choose "NBC News Group", Under "Sub-Business" choose "MSNBC", Under "Career Level" choose "All", Under "Function" choose "TV Content & Production"
    Step 4: Choose your job preference. Don't worry. None of those Fascist shows like Morning Joe are in the list.

I know that most of those positions are beneath your abilities but it appears that your dream job has been filled. Maybe, if you can get your foot in the door at MSNBC, they'll quickly realize your potential and give you your own show in the slot before Hayes and Rachel. Matthews actually said something against Obama the other day, he can't be expected to last much longer with behavior like that.
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Priceless
    Quote Originally Posted by busterman62 View Post
    I think you need to put your talents to better use.
    Step 1: go to link
    Step 2: Click on "Search Openings"
    Step 3:Choose the following selections: Under "Business Section" choose "NBC News Group", Under "Sub-Business" choose "MSNBC", Under "Career Level" choose "All", Under "Function" choose "TV Content & Production"
    Step 4: Choose your job preference. Don't worry. None of those Fascist shows like Morning Joe are in the list.

I know that most of those positions are beneath your abilities but it appears that your dream job has been filled. Maybe, if you can get your foot in the door at MSNBC, they'll quickly realize your potential and give you your own show in the slot before Hayes and Rachel. Matthews actually said something against Obama the other day, he can't be expected to last much longer with behavior like that.
    Thanks for the tip.

I love how people react when they go all nuts over something Obama just did, but when they are shown their hero did the same thing and they just shrugged it off is to come after me for having the nerve to point it out. Maybe you should look at why you are reacting like a rabid dog when Obama does something.

War Mongering Conservadem!

I am sure busterman is just like every other conservative...he didnt actually vote for Dubya.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I am sure busterman is just like every other conservative...he didnt actually vote for Dubya.
    Consider the alternatives.. If the Dems had put better candidates out there, maybe history would have been different.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I have to laugh. If you are not an Obama Fanboy and swoon at the very sound of his name, you are immediately classified as a republican, Conservative or Racist.

FYI, rarely do I vote "FOR" anyone. The vast majority of time, I'm voting against another candidate. However, you got me thinking about how I've voted over the past. Here it is:
    President
    80: Carter (D)
    84: Mondale (D)
    88: Dukakis (D)
    92: GWHB (R)
    96: Dole (R)
    00: GWB (R)
    04: Badnarik (L)
    08: "Bozo the Clown" (?I) (write in vote)
    12: "None of the Above" (?I) (another write in vote)
    Not a lot of Party loyalty is there?

Senate (can't remember as many)
    00: Abraham (R)
    02: Raczkowski (R)
    06: Bouchard (R)
    08: Levin (D)
    12: Bowman (L)
    Here there is a pattern. I think Stabenow is a dipshiit

So, since I don't cream my jeans every time Obama does something, I must be against the D's. (For all the hatred of GWB, many on the left seem to live by his principle of "you're either with us or against us". ) Does the above voting record make me a Repub, conservative or a racist. I can't figure it out but I'm sure the Obama Fanboys will be able to.
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    Milo Bloom

Gurtholfin

I have to laugh. If you are not an Obama Fanboy and swoon at the very sound of his name, you are immediately classified as a republican, Conservative or Racist.

FYI, rarely do I vote "FOR" anyone. The vast majority of time, I'm voting against another candidate. However, you got me thinking about how I've voted over the past. Here it is:
    President

Does the above voting record make me a Repub, conservative or a racist.

Your record makes you very good at picking the loser...

President

Senate (can't remember as many)
    00: Abraham (R)
    02: Raczkowski (R)
    06: Bouchard (R)
    08: Levin (D)
    12: Bowman (L)
    Here there is a pattern. I think Stabenow is a dipshiit

So, since I don't cream my jeans every time Obama does something, I must be against the D's. (For all the hatred of GWB, many on the left seem to live by his principle of "you're either with us or against us". ) Does the above voting record make me a Repub, conservative or a racist. I can't figure it out but I'm sure the Obama Fanboys will be able to.
    Sounds like you just are afraid to say you support something, even if it's one particular candidate in one particular election. There are a lot of people out there who cross lines back and forth, including yours truly, who are not just voting against something.

Thanks for the tip.
    Happy to help out. You seem like a shoe-in for a job there. No learning curve whatsoever. You already defend Obama whenever anything is said against him, and if that fails, youalready know how to fall back on "GWB did it too". You know that Fox is a right wing propaganda mill but MSNBC is preaching the truth. It's a match made in Heaven (or whatever metaphysical paradise you do or don't believe in).

I love how people react when they go all nuts over something Obama just did, but when they are shown their hero did the same thing and they just shrugged it off is to come after me for having the nerve to point it out. Maybe you should look at why you are reacting like a rabid dog when Obama does something.
    I'm not sure which is in greater abundance here, the irony or the assumptions. While I've attempted to make fun of you for acting like an MSNBC reporter or Pavlov's dog (not a rabid one) for jumping to Obama's defense whenever anyone says an ill thing about him, I don't think I've said anything against Obama (or pro-GWB for that matter) in this thread. The only thing I've pointed out is that Rockefeller and Feinstein disagree with "explanation" that you and the WH provided about not following the law in the swap. Beyond that, I don't think I've really commented on what my overall thoughts are concerning the swap (even though you're probably not interested because it goes against your preconceived notions, they are as follows: Agree with not leaving ANY soldier behind regardless. Probably could have done a better deal if we waited. The deal was done now for political reasons to deflect from the VA debacle. The video from 5-6 months ago showing soldiers life was in danger is more BS "explanations" shot down by the Senate committee. Lastly, but most importantly, the law was broken by the Executive branch and nothing will come of it.)
    Groucho Marx
    Ron White
    Milo Bloom

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Sounds like you just are afraid to say you support something, even if it's one particular candidate in one particular election. There are a lot of people out there who cross lines back and forth, including yours truly, who are not just voting against something.
    I must admit that the only politician that I can say I've truly supported has been my congressional Rep. He has been very pro-Medicine
    Groucho Marx
    Ron White
    Milo Bloom

Priceless
    I'm not sure which is in greater abundance here, the irony or the assumptions. While I've attempted to make fun of you for acting like an MSNBC reporter or Pavlov's dog (not a rabid one) for jumping to Obama's defense whenever anyone says an ill thing about him, I don't think I've said anything against Obama (or pro-GWB for that matter) in this thread. The only thing I've pointed out is that Rockefeller and Feinstein disagree with "explanation" that you and the WH provided about not following the law in the swap. Beyond that, I don't think I've really commented on what my overall thoughts are concerning the swap (even though you're probably not interested because it goes against your preconceived notions, they are as follows: Agree with not leaving ANY soldier behind regardless. Probably could have done a better deal if we waited. The deal was done now for political reasons to deflect from the VA debacle. The video from 5-6 months ago showing soldiers life was in danger is more BS "explanations" shot down by the Senate committee. Lastly, but most importantly, the law was broken by the Executive branch and nothing will come of it.)
    It isn't just that GWB did it, but when he did it you didn't hear the OUTRAGE that is out there today. The Tories sure as hell wouldn't criticize Fearless Leader and liberals knew GWB wasn't saying he was a dictator and the government belonged to him. Clinton also called it "my government" from time to time and even though they hated him with a passion the right wing loons didn't go nuts over it. Now they are. Why is that you suppose?

Priceless
    I must admit that the only politician that I can say I've truly supported has been my congressional Rep. He has been very pro-Medicine
    The rest have been pro-disease?

It isn't just that GWB did it, but when he did it you didn't hear the OUTRAGE that is out there today. The Tories sure as hell wouldn't criticize Fearless Leader and liberals knew GWB wasn't saying he was a dictator and the government belonged to him. Clinton also called it "my government" from time to time and even though they hated him with a passion the right wing loons didn't go nuts over it. Now they are. Why is that you suppose?
    Because BHO is an increase over GWB who was over WJC, who was over GHWB, who was over RR, who was over JC, etc. etc. etc.

Eventually the camel's back gets broken.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Priceless
    Because BHO is an increase over GWB who was over WJC, who was over GHWB, who was over RR, who was over JC, etc. etc. etc.

Eventually the camel's back gets broken.
    So I can expect these same people to go absolutely bonkers the next time a Tory is POTUS.

Thread Information