This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Reading Opie's posts is very instructive, because it gives you an accurate window into the thought process of the non-loonitarian wing of the modern Republican Party. As an older gentleman, Opie remembers a time when you could throw any accusation against Dems of being peaceniks and bumblers in foreign policy and it would stick given the people the party was putting up at the time (from Carter to Dukakis).

The problem with his thinking, and all older Republican conservatives, is that they want you to completely forget the utter disaster that the Bush-Cheney regime was in this arena (amongst others). That's kinda hard to do when 1) that is the only GOP Presidency in a generation (1993-2017....and maybe even longer) for us to judge the party by, and 2) the last two Republican nominees for Prez (McCain, Romney) campaigned on following Bush II neo-con policies to the letter.

Perhaps, had W never become President, the American people would have more appetite to be in places like Syria, Nigeria, or the Ukraine. But you can't take away the years of 2001-2009 and the horrific, deadly and costly blunders those people made. I have a lot of respect for John McCain the soldier. John McCain the policy maker is a joke and a dinosaur. To the extent that anybody who's not still an apostle of the failed neo-con view of the world is mad at Obama over Benghazi, its because we had an outpost there in the first place, not because he didn't carpet bomb the place at the first sign of trouble. If 12 hearings, 1 million documents, and 500 crackpot theories haven't uncovered anything nefarious, I think its time for the righties to give up the ghost. I wouldn't trust the Republican Congress to get to the bottom of a case of Schlitz, let alone something line this. Trust for conservatives on foreign policy died in the sands of Iraq.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

S&P breaks more records. Obama doesn't run the markets...but he has set up a very stable environment. A LOT of wealth created.

Few would have guessed that the Dow was going to skyrocket to nearly 17,000 under Obama from the GOP's 7,000.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        S&P breaks more records. Obama doesn't run the markets...but he has set up a very stable environment. A LOT of wealth created.

Few would have guessed that the Dow was going to skyrocket to nearly 17,000 under Obama from the GOP's 7,000.
        The stock market is feeling a lot like the the late 90's to me right now. I just hope we don't get another version of 2001's market. It started to drop heavily early in the year, and then spiraled downward after 9/11. Obviously I'm not expecting another attack like that, but I really think it more sped along the big drop following the event than was a pure cause of it.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Pio. It's like a bunch of kids poking an arthritic, addled, snarly old dog with a stick. If we didn't have you, we'd have nothing to do but poke at each other.
          You certainly wouldn't have a president or former SecState who has told anything resembling the truth about what went on at Benghazi.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Reading Opie's posts is very instructive, because it gives you an accurate window into the thought process of the non-loonitarian wing of the modern Republican Party. As an older gentleman, Opie remembers a time when you could throw any accusation against Dems of being peaceniks and bumblers in foreign policy and it would stick given the people the party was putting up at the time (from Carter to Dukakis).

The problem with his thinking, and all older Republican conservatives, is that they want you to completely forget the utter disaster that the Bush-Cheney regime was in this arena (amongst others). That's kinda hard to do when 1) that is the only GOP Presidency in a generation (1993-2017....and maybe even longer) for us to judge the party by, and 2) the last two Republican nominees for Prez (McCain, Romney) campaigned on following Bush II neo-con policies to the letter.

Perhaps, had W never become President, the American people would have more appetite to be in places like Syria, Nigeria, or the Ukraine. But you can't take away the years of 2001-2009 and the horrific, deadly and costly blunders those people made. I have a lot of respect for John McCain the soldier. John McCain the policy maker is a joke and a dinosaur. To the extent that anybody who's not still an apostle of the failed neo-con view of the world is mad at Obama over Benghazi, its because we had an outpost there in the first place, not because he didn't carpet bomb the place at the first sign of trouble. If 12 hearings, 1 million documents, and 500 crackpot theories haven't uncovered anything nefarious, I think its time for the righties to give up the ghost. I wouldn't trust the Republican Congress to get to the bottom of a case of Schlitz, let alone something line this. Trust for conservatives on foreign policy died in the sands of Iraq.
            None of which explains or justifies the continual lying about what happened that night. Changing the subject isn't going to work this time.

Comment

Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi.

I have to admit, it has more staying power than Bone Man's Jobs, Jobs, Jobs which is the BIGGEST lie of all.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                No, like I clearly indicated, imagination is what it takes to come up with this:

How paranoid a mind does it take to assume from nothing that that is what I must be thinking? Do you come up with these bizarre storylines for everyone you disagree with?

And where did I pretend that again? All I suggested was that your continued reference to racism is odd. I haven't made any sort of indication that I think your Benghazi screaming is driven by racism.
                What's your favorite flavor of Kool Aid? I'll send you a case.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  Is it the same case that you sucked down during Iraq?
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi.

I have to admit, it has more staying power than Bone Man's Jobs, Jobs, Jobs which is the BIGGEST lie of all.
                    And clearly excuses Oblahblah's lying, right?

Comment

Is it the same case that you sucked down during Iraq?
                      Divert, deflect, obfuscate, change the subject. Whatever it takes to prevent a clear look at the lies repeatedly told by Obama and The Cow.

Comment

Oh yeah?! Well the jerk store called, and they're running out of YOU!

Comment

And clearly excuses Oblahblah's lying, right?
                          You can prove that all President's lie. So, what's your point? And don't bring up the BS transparent talking point that has Hannity in a snit.

Comment

Has someone been reading GPL this week?

Comment

You can prove that all President's lie. So, what's your point? And don't bring up the BS transparent talking point that has Hannity in a snit.
                              So other presidents' lies excuse Obama's lies? Is that your point, Bunky? We've come a long way from "Hope and Change," haven't we? The new slogan for the ages: "He's not Nixon."
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 05-13-2014, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Interesting. The jerk store called you.

Comment

Working...
                                X