X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Does anyone actually think congress is going to investigate the Iraq war? Weren't they privy to the same info as Bush and didn't they approve the war. Congress had nothing to with Benghazi so fire away
    Not to mention, IIRC, one party had "veto proof" majorities in both houses and control of the WH should they have wanted to proceed.
    Last edited by Old Pio; 05-11-2014, 10:27 PM.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      "Stunning ignorance of the. . .two events." Let's parse that a little. Of course the events were different. But so were the presidential responses. On the night OBL was clipped didn't Obama go on national TV to brag? And weren't there pictures taken and shown of him acting all presidential in the Situation Room? Or did I imagine all that. And on the night of the 8 hours of film critic raids on the diplomatic compound in Libya, did Obama go on national TV to brag? Were there any pictures taken and released of him acting all presidential in the Situation Room that night? In fact, do we, at this late date still not have a clear picture of where he was, who he consulted with, what he was told and what he decided to do? We do know that he spread the lie about a video for the next ten days or so. Yet you claim I'm stunningly ignorant of the events of those nights. Black Knight, meet reality.
      You know, you're right. It is strange that they had that photo-op in the situation room and a television response ready to go in the one situation but not the other. It's almost as if one of the events were planned and put into motion by them, and the other one wasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
        You know, you're right. It is strange that they had that photo-op in the situation room and a television response ready to go in the one situation but not the other. It's almost as if one of the events were planned and put into motion by them, and the other one wasn't.
        I am just glad there are no other problems in this country so we can get to the heart of the real problems!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
          So that's why the nearly two year delay in filling us in on Obama's activities that night. It wasn't planned. But the lie was planned and very carefully executed. And during the 8 hours of the attack there was no opportunity to rustle up a WH publicity drone to take a photo of Obama wearing his Big Boy pants in the oval? Oh well, I guess we're not supposed to notice. Certainly the Obama Kool Aid drinkers haven't noticed (or don't care). You ladies certainly aren't concerned about my analysis, but your defenses of this Obama cockup are getting increasingly shrill and silly.
          Last edited by Old Pio; 05-12-2014, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I am just glad there are no other problems in this country so we can get to the heart of the real problems!
            Now there's an argument that's been advanced hundreds (perhaps thousands) of times over the years, by Democrats and Republicans alike, to justify changing the subject.

Comment

I think Opie just set the record for most lies posted in one weekend! Kudos to you sir!

I always laugh about the "Oh Dems voted for Iraq War too" bit. Yes - because they got the doctored intelligence reports that Bush/Cheney and co put out! So basically in Opie/Knuckledragger world, if one side doctors reports, and the other side believe them, they're BOTH equally liable. Oooookaayyyyy....

So, lets move on.

I for one welcome this Benghazi sh !t show. What's that you say? You WANT another brainless fishing expedition? Indeed I do. In an election year, people need to be reminded constantly why they dislike Republicans so much (a party facing record unpopularity). Dumb stuff like this just brings it home. How quick did those fundraising letters go out - maybe a nanosecond after The Boner announced the committee. I mean, what are they going to explore that Issa's committee hasn't already? Is Lara Logan going to make an appearance with another "Rambo" type guy who it turns out was nowhere near the complex?

Used to be the GOP was run by evil geniuses like Lee Atwater. Now its run by laughingstocks who continually do stupid thing after stupid thing. Expect the same here, and then conservatives will have the same glazed over look on their faces when Hillary romps in 2016, just like they had when the results rolled in on Election Night 2012.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

So that's why the nearly two year delay in filling us in on Obama's activities that night. It wasn't planned.
                Did I say that? I'm merely pointing out the irrationality of complaining about photo-ops or lack thereof (or other superficial responses) during two polar opposite events. I'm not about to get drawn into a full scale BENGAAAAZZZZZZIIIIIII "debate" with a (shrill and silly) hyper-partisan.

Comment

Did I say that? I'm merely pointing out the irrationality of complaining about photo-ops or lack thereof (or other superficial responses) during two polar opposite events. I'm not about to get drawn into a full scale BENGAAAAZZZZZZIIIIIII "debate" with a (shrill and silly) hyper-partisan.

"Superficial response," eh. I'm guessing David Axelrod and Co. didn't think his end zone dance over the killing of Bin Laden was superficial. So you stick to your "distinction without a difference" argument. The indisputable fact is this: if Obama had wanted publicity for his actions (or inactions) during the 8 hours of the attacks in Benhazi, he would have gotten it. Presidents get publicity when they pardon the Thanksgiving turkey. So in this case, evidently, he didn't want any. I wonder why.

Now the company line, which you have internalized and spew on command, is that it's "irrational" or "crazy" or "racist" or "partisan" or something to ask these questions. And with no apparent sense of irony you describe me as a "hyper-partisan." Yet, you're right there, matching me post for post. No doubt modestly claiming you're doing it in service to "truth, justice and the American way."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    I think Opie just set the record for most lies posted in one weekend! Kudos to you sir!

I always laugh about the "Oh Dems voted for Iraq War too" bit. Yes - because they got the doctored intelligence reports that Bush/Cheney and co put out! So basically in Opie/Knuckledragger world, if one side doctors reports, and the other side believe them, they're BOTH equally liable. Oooookaayyyyy....

So, lets move on.

I for one welcome this Benghazi sh !t show. What's that you say? You WANT another brainless fishing expedition? Indeed I do. In an election year, people need to be reminded constantly why they dislike Republicans so much (a party facing record unpopularity). Dumb stuff like this just brings it home. How quick did those fundraising letters go out - maybe a nanosecond after The Boner announced the committee. I mean, what are they going to explore that Issa's committee hasn't already? Is Lara Logan going to make an appearance with another "Rambo" type guy who it turns out was nowhere near the complex?

Used to be the GOP was run by evil geniuses like Lee Atwater. Now its run by laughingstocks who continually do stupid thing after stupid thing. Expect the same here, and then conservatives will have the same glazed over look on their faces when Hillary romps in 2016, just like they had when the results rolled in on Election Night 2012.
                    "Second verse, same as the first."

Comment

I got caught in a lie so now I'm going to write something nonsensical and hope people chalk it up to my advancing age
                      If you allow me to read between the lines...
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

"Superficial response," eh. I'm guessing David Axelrod and Co. didn't think his end zone dance over the killing of Bin Laden was superficial. So you stick to your "distinction without a difference" argument. The indisputable fact is this: if Obama had wanted publicity for his actions (or inactions) during the 8 hours of the attacks in Benhazi, he would have gotten it. Presidents get publicity when they pardon the Thanksgiving turkey. So in this case, evidently, he didn't want any. I wonder why.
                        I don't care what David Axelrod and Co thought. Photo-ops and "endzone dance" addresses are superficial responses. I get it, The president and co thumped their chest over the Bin Laden raid and didn't want to talk about Benghazi. It's completely reasonable for them to be criticized over that. But, including that as justification for (more) congressional hearings? That's irrational, crazy, and certainly driven by partisanship. Racist? Not sure why you keep throwing that in there, but I can't help you with that.

No doubt modestly claiming you're doing it in service to "truth, justice and the American way."
                        You've got quite an imagination.

Comment

I don't care what David Axelrod and Co thought. Photo-ops and "endzone dance" addresses are superficial responses. I get it, The president and co thumped their chest over the Bin Laden raid and didn't want to talk about Benghazi. It's completely reasonable for them to be criticized over that. But, including that as justification for (more) congressional hearings? That's irrational, crazy, and certainly driven by partisanship. Racist? Not sure why you keep throwing that in there, but I can't help you with that.

You've got quite an imagination.
                          "Imagination" is what it takes, in your mind, to decide this lying jumped up "community organizer" has been several orders of magnitude less than candid with the American people about this matter. Right? He's been lying by the clock from day one. And you're so in love with his "sharp creases" you continue to give him the benefit of the doubt, even though he no longer deserves it. And pretending that opposition to or disagreement with Obama isn't daily denounced as racist is either delusional or profoundly dishonest.
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 05-12-2014, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            If you allow me to read between the lines...
                            Obama and Hillary are the ones doing the lying here. Perhaps nobody will notice. We'll see.

Comment

Pio. It's like a bunch of kids poking an arthritic, addled, snarly old dog with a stick. If we didn't have you, we'd have nothing to do but poke at each other.

Comment

"Imagination" is what it takes, in your mind, to decide this lying jumped up "community organizer" has been several orders of magnitude less than candid with the American people about this matter. Right?
                                No, like I clearly indicated, imagination is what it takes to come up with this:

No doubt modestly claiming you're doing it in service to "truth, justice and the American way."
                                How paranoid a mind does it take to assume from nothing that that is what I must be thinking? Do you come up with these bizarre storylines for everyone you disagree with?

And pretending that opposition to or disagreement with Obama isn't daily denounced as racist is either delusional or profoundly dishonest.
                                And where did I pretend that again? All I suggested was that your continued reference to racism is odd. I haven't made any sort of indication that I think your Benghazi screaming is driven by racism.

Comment

Working...
                                X