• Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    jeb running would be a hoot and it won't be Hilary he would have to beat
    Liarwatha?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I prefer Old Pio's Fauxcahontas
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm surprised no one brought up the Benghazi e-mail kerfuffle from yesterday/today.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I'm surprised no one brought up the Benghazi e-mail kerfuffle from yesterday/today.
          Back in the 90's (I think) we used to have an expression that something was "played out". Ben Gazi is "played out" in the public mind, hence the no coverage. Perhaps CNN would have done something in their never ending quest to not be labeled as being biased, but they're too busy with Breaking News stories about the missing plane.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The only way Jeb Bush makes it through the primaries is if the crazies (Cruz, Paul, etc) all cancel each other out, and he pulls a Romney: the last guy standing due to his money advantage that nobody is happy about. That will leave him to flip one state from Mittens total in 2012: Florida. Other than that he has little ability to put VA, OH, PA, CO, NH, IA, NV or any of the other mishmash of swing states back into play, while he gets peppered constantly over every stupid decision his brother made.

Really, who misses the Bush II Administration? Anybody?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Really, who misses the Bush II Administration? Anybody?
              Other than the fact that his second term comprised the vast majority of my undergrad years...not really.

W's first term execution was OK - good enough to get him re-elected versus the weakest Dem candidate since Dukakis. His second term follow-through was a disaster, and why the Republicans lost badly in '08.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                W's first term execution was OK - good enough to get him re-elected versus the weakest Dem candidate since Dukakis. His second term follow-through was a disaster, and why the Republicans lost badly in '08.
                His first term is a big reason why his second term was a disaster. I thought in 2004 it was obvious...but then again, I always thought Iraq was a very bad idea.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

I still don't get it. Even if the emails are true, so what? Rice when she was on the shows never said anything in the definitive and always said "we don't know anything for sure" over and over and over again. Why the GOP has such a hard on for Rice's or anyone else's speculation is beyond me.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    I still don't get it. Even if the emails are true, so what? Rice when she was on the shows never said anything in the definitive and always said "we don't know anything for sure" over and over and over again. Why the GOP has such a hard on for Rice's or anyone else's speculation is beyond me.
                    No idea. What I took from it was, "Breaking news: White House has a press release that attempts to paint themselves in a 'non-negative' way. More to follow..."

*shrug*
                    Code:

Comment

Same here. If we're going to prosecute people for going on talk shows and saying something that turned out to not be correct, wouldn't 99% of DC pundits and hosts be in prison right now?

Basically this is all a "I'm auditioning for my own gig on Fox News Cable". Hilariously Issa tried once again to play the "military was told to stand down" comment and then got humiliated by a chairman of the Armed Forces Committee from his own party who went public dissing that long disproven conspiracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        Same here. If we're going to prosecute people for going on talk shows and saying something that turned out to not be correct, wouldn't 99% of DC pundits and hosts be in prison right now?
                        I'll tell you in a minute. I'm still waiting for the results from Hamilton County.

Comment

Guess that robust jobs report scared Republicans more than we thought! Now they're going for a nonsensical special committee. Is Ken Starr busy these days?

Comment

No idea. What I took from it was, "Breaking news: White House has a press release that attempts to paint themselves in a 'non-negative' way. More to follow..."

*shrug*
                            Richard M. Obama: "I am not a crook."
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

You make an excellent point, except for one tiny detail. The claim that "we don't know anything for sure" has been shown comprehensively and indisputably to be a LIE! Richard M. Obama and all the little Obamas knew almost immediately that the attack was an AQ function. Yet they lied, distorted and dissembled for weeks about its true nature. I mean, the guy had an election to win. Presumably he would have drawn the line at sending burglars to Romney headquarters, but we'll never know.

The fact is you know very well what the significance of this event was: it showed that jumped up community organizer put his re-election ahead of the lives of four Americans who died for their country. Deaths in no small measure attributable to his disgraceful lack of leadership. As a bonus, it gave him an opportunity to do a little groveling to Islamists on spec.
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 05-03-2014, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Interesting factoid.....

The GOP has not won a presidential election since 1928 without a Bush or a Nixon on the ticket...
                                Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln. Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
                                Last edited by Old Pio; 05-03-2014, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X