X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Weird. The Tories blast him for not being a strong leader (and openly cheer for Putin) yet when he shows a little leadership they declare that he's a dictator...

As always, the comments are the best part.

And you all knew this was coming: Where were these people when Bush said it?

Oh, they were defending him

insert OP's accusation of tu quoque here
    So Obama is just like Bush?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      So Obama is just like Bush?
      Right. And like Clinton, Bush 41, Reagan, Carter....

Comment

Weird. The Tories blast him for not being a strong leader (and openly cheer for Putin) yet when he shows a little leadership they declare that he's a dictator...

As always, the comments are the best part.

And you all knew this was coming: Where were these people when Bush said it?

Oh, they were defending him

insert OP's accusation of tu quoque here
        I think you need to put your talents to better use.
        Step 1: go to link
        Step 2: Click on "Search Openings"
        Step 3:Choose the following selections: Under "Business Section" choose "NBC News Group", Under "Sub-Business" choose "MSNBC", Under "Career Level" choose "All", Under "Function" choose "TV Content & Production"
        Step 4: Choose your job preference. Don't worry. None of those Fascist shows like Morning Joe are in the list.

I know that most of those positions are beneath your abilities but it appears that your dream job has been filled. Maybe, if you can get your foot in the door at MSNBC, they'll quickly realize your potential and give you your own show in the slot before Hayes and Rachel. Matthews actually said something against Obama the other day, he can't be expected to last much longer with behavior like that.
        "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
        Groucho Marx
        "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
        Ron White
        "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
        Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
          I think you need to put your talents to better use.
          Step 1: go to link
          Step 2: Click on "Search Openings"
          Step 3:Choose the following selections: Under "Business Section" choose "NBC News Group", Under "Sub-Business" choose "MSNBC", Under "Career Level" choose "All", Under "Function" choose "TV Content & Production"
          Step 4: Choose your job preference. Don't worry. None of those Fascist shows like Morning Joe are in the list.

I know that most of those positions are beneath your abilities but it appears that your dream job has been filled. Maybe, if you can get your foot in the door at MSNBC, they'll quickly realize your potential and give you your own show in the slot before Hayes and Rachel. Matthews actually said something against Obama the other day, he can't be expected to last much longer with behavior like that.
          Thanks for the tip.

I love how people react when they go all nuts over something Obama just did, but when they are shown their hero did the same thing and they just shrugged it off is to come after me for having the nerve to point it out. Maybe you should look at why you are reacting like a rabid dog when Obama does something.

Comment

I am sure busterman is just like every other conservative...he didnt actually vote for Dubya.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I am sure busterman is just like every other conservative...he didnt actually vote for Dubya.
              Consider the alternatives.. If the Dems had put better candidates out there, maybe history would have been different.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I have to laugh. If you are not an Obama Fanboy and swoon at the very sound of his name, you are immediately classified as a republican, Conservative or Racist.

FYI, rarely do I vote "FOR" anyone. The vast majority of time, I'm voting against another candidate. However, you got me thinking about how I've voted over the past. Here it is:
                President
                80: Carter (D)
                84: Mondale (D)
                88: Dukakis (D)
                92: GWHB (R)
                96: Dole (R)
                00: GWB (R)
                04: Badnarik (L)
                08: "Bozo the Clown" (?I) (write in vote)
                12: "None of the Above" (?I) (another write in vote)
                Not a lot of Party loyalty is there?

Senate (can't remember as many)
                00: Abraham (R)
                02: Raczkowski (R)
                06: Bouchard (R)
                08: Levin (D)
                12: Bowman (L)
                Here there is a pattern. I think Stabenow is a dipshiit

So, since I don't cream my jeans every time Obama does something, I must be against the D's. (For all the hatred of GWB, many on the left seem to live by his principle of "you're either with us or against us". ) Does the above voting record make me a Repub, conservative or a racist. I can't figure it out but I'm sure the Obama Fanboys will be able to.
                "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                Groucho Marx
                "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                Ron White
                Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                  I have to laugh. If you are not an Obama Fanboy and swoon at the very sound of his name, you are immediately classified as a republican, Conservative or Racist.

FYI, rarely do I vote "FOR" anyone. The vast majority of time, I'm voting against another candidate. However, you got me thinking about how I've voted over the past. Here it is:
                  President

Does the above voting record make me a Repub, conservative or a racist.

Your record makes you very good at picking the loser...

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post

President

Senate (can't remember as many)
                    00: Abraham (R)
                    02: Raczkowski (R)
                    06: Bouchard (R)
                    08: Levin (D)
                    12: Bowman (L)
                    Here there is a pattern. I think Stabenow is a dipshiit

So, since I don't cream my jeans every time Obama does something, I must be against the D's. (For all the hatred of GWB, many on the left seem to live by his principle of "you're either with us or against us". ) Does the above voting record make me a Repub, conservative or a racist. I can't figure it out but I'm sure the Obama Fanboys will be able to.
                    Sounds like you just are afraid to say you support something, even if it's one particular candidate in one particular election. There are a lot of people out there who cross lines back and forth, including yours truly, who are not just voting against something.

Comment

Thanks for the tip.
                      Happy to help out. You seem like a shoe-in for a job there. No learning curve whatsoever. You already defend Obama whenever anything is said against him, and if that fails, youalready know how to fall back on "GWB did it too". You know that Fox is a right wing propaganda mill but MSNBC is preaching the truth. It's a match made in Heaven (or whatever metaphysical paradise you do or don't believe in).

I love how people react when they go all nuts over something Obama just did, but when they are shown their hero did the same thing and they just shrugged it off is to come after me for having the nerve to point it out. Maybe you should look at why you are reacting like a rabid dog when Obama does something.
                      I'm not sure which is in greater abundance here, the irony or the assumptions. While I've attempted to make fun of you for acting like an MSNBC reporter or Pavlov's dog (not a rabid one) for jumping to Obama's defense whenever anyone says an ill thing about him, I don't think I've said anything against Obama (or pro-GWB for that matter) in this thread. The only thing I've pointed out is that Rockefeller and Feinstein disagree with "explanation" that you and the WH provided about not following the law in the swap. Beyond that, I don't think I've really commented on what my overall thoughts are concerning the swap (even though you're probably not interested because it goes against your preconceived notions, they are as follows: Agree with not leaving ANY soldier behind regardless. Probably could have done a better deal if we waited. The deal was done now for political reasons to deflect from the VA debacle. The video from 5-6 months ago showing soldiers life was in danger is more BS "explanations" shot down by the Senate committee. Lastly, but most importantly, the law was broken by the Executive branch and nothing will come of it.)
                      Groucho Marx
                      Ron White
                      Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        Sounds like you just are afraid to say you support something, even if it's one particular candidate in one particular election. There are a lot of people out there who cross lines back and forth, including yours truly, who are not just voting against something.
                        I must admit that the only politician that I can say I've truly supported has been my congressional Rep. He has been very pro-Medicine
                        Groucho Marx
                        Ron White
                        Milo Bloom

Comment

I'm not sure which is in greater abundance here, the irony or the assumptions. While I've attempted to make fun of you for acting like an MSNBC reporter or Pavlov's dog (not a rabid one) for jumping to Obama's defense whenever anyone says an ill thing about him, I don't think I've said anything against Obama (or pro-GWB for that matter) in this thread. The only thing I've pointed out is that Rockefeller and Feinstein disagree with "explanation" that you and the WH provided about not following the law in the swap. Beyond that, I don't think I've really commented on what my overall thoughts are concerning the swap (even though you're probably not interested because it goes against your preconceived notions, they are as follows: Agree with not leaving ANY soldier behind regardless. Probably could have done a better deal if we waited. The deal was done now for political reasons to deflect from the VA debacle. The video from 5-6 months ago showing soldiers life was in danger is more BS "explanations" shot down by the Senate committee. Lastly, but most importantly, the law was broken by the Executive branch and nothing will come of it.)
                          It isn't just that GWB did it, but when he did it you didn't hear the OUTRAGE that is out there today. The Tories sure as hell wouldn't criticize Fearless Leader and liberals knew GWB wasn't saying he was a dictator and the government belonged to him. Clinton also called it "my government" from time to time and even though they hated him with a passion the right wing loons didn't go nuts over it. Now they are. Why is that you suppose?

Comment

I must admit that the only politician that I can say I've truly supported has been my congressional Rep. He has been very pro-Medicine
                            The rest have been pro-disease?

Comment

It isn't just that GWB did it, but when he did it you didn't hear the OUTRAGE that is out there today. The Tories sure as hell wouldn't criticize Fearless Leader and liberals knew GWB wasn't saying he was a dictator and the government belonged to him. Clinton also called it "my government" from time to time and even though they hated him with a passion the right wing loons didn't go nuts over it. Now they are. Why is that you suppose?
                              Because BHO is an increase over GWB who was over WJC, who was over GHWB, who was over RR, who was over JC, etc. etc. etc.

Eventually the camel's back gets broken.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Because BHO is an increase over GWB who was over WJC, who was over GHWB, who was over RR, who was over JC, etc. etc. etc.

Eventually the camel's back gets broken.
                                So I can expect these same people to go absolutely bonkers the next time a Tory is POTUS.

Comment

Working...
                                X