X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Tell me She didn't really say this:

Byron York********✔ @ByronYork
    On ABC, a Hillary classic on Benghazi: 'I'm taking responsibility, but I was not making security decisions.'
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Question: Is Cantor going to run as an Independent in the general election? Just wondering.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
        Question: Is Cantor going to run as an Independent in the general election? Just wondering.
        He can't. Virginia has a "sore loser" law that prevents primary losers from running in the general election.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          He can't. Virginia has a "sore loser" law that prevents primary losers from running in the general election.
          From what I saw he can't run on another ticket, but can still receive write-ins. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) did this after she got Teabagged in 2010.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Meanwhile in Maine's 2nd Congressional District, Emily Cain (D) wiped the floor with her state senate colleague Troy Jackson, while Bruce Poliquin (R) defeated permanant Congressional candidate Kevin Raye. Cain is a fellow Maine alum and Poliquin was our baseball coach and president of the Board of Trustees at North Yarmouth Academy. Cain should win this by 6-10 points.
            They are both weasels
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Two down, 533 to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Last time a sitting Majority Leader lost his primary?

'99.

Perhaps the populist movement? I can't remember who was in control then.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  They are both weasels
                  Coming from you, that statement is quite a shock.

Comment

It is gonna be fun to watch the GOPers bend over backwards to show why Cantor losing is not only ok but GOOD for the party! Circle those wagons boys
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Eric Cantor has LOST his GOP primary to keep his seat in the House to the Tea Party challenger.

Yes, you heard that right, Cantor isn't pyscho enough for the GOP. They need someone more psycho.
                      F vcking hilarious! A knuckledragger gets turfed because he wasn't dragging his hands on the ground hard enough! If the GOP didn't actually exist, would something like Saturday Night Live or The Onion have to invent them?

Look, we all know the GOP and conservatism in general is a dying entity propped up by people who's average age is somewhere in the 80's. So, no need to beat that dead horse. Far, far more amusing is the absolute failure of pundits, aka pundidiots, and their narrative of this election. All we've heard are two themes 1) DEMS IN DISARRAY ("because the headline flows nicely") and 2) ESTABLISHMENT GOP REASSERTS ITSELF!!!!!! Funny how nobody saw the Majority Leader getting his @ ss handed to him? This would be like if Pelosi lost to some unknown Little Ralphie Nader accolyte. What these professional bozos often miss is Teabaggers need not win every contested election. In fact even in their best year (2010) more mainstream Goopers like Ayotte and Kirk won the nomination over right wing alternatives. However, to spread fear throughout the party, a handful of high profile knockouts, plus a better ability to pick off open seats in red states (Nebraska Senate this time around) achieves the goal of a complete takeover of the Republican party. One has to wonder though how a party at war with itself is going to turn around and win the House, Senate, and White House in 2016, especially with a Paul or Cruz at the top of the ticket. Don't tell the DC chattering class that however, because we're on the cusp of A NEW NEO-CONARTIST ERA, BABY!

Finally, the dominant narrative I've seen today is "oh, I guess immigration reform is dead". Any bozo writing this should be fired immediately. Immigration was NEVER going to happen with a GOP House, because 1) the base is against it, and 2) there are no half way decent political strategists left on the Right, at least not in terms of crafting a legislative agenda. Were The Boner not completely impotent, he'd simply ask 20 Republicans quietly to sign on to Dems discharge petition (those not running for re-election, Northeastern reps, etc), rail against it in public, but then go to Teabaggers and say either we cut a deal with the Senate or they have the votes to put Senate bill on the floor. That would give the old crying drunk leverage, but apparently its too deep a concept for him.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Word is the likely replacement is a Texas Tea Party member and Boehner is considering stepping down after November. I believe this qualifies as "how could it get more ****ed up?"
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          Word is the likely replacement is a Texas Tea Party member and Boehner is considering stepping down after November. I believe this qualifies as "how could it get more ****ed up?"
                          November is going to be fun.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hell, how about January 5th when they race out with Articles of Impeachment for being black.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Perhaps the populist movement? I can't remember who was in control then.
                              Republicans were in control at the time, winning the presidential elections from 1896 to 1912; McKinley held the White House then, followed by T Roosevelt and Taft, all when the Republicans were the liberal party. A populist movement was swelling in response to the JP Morgans, Rockefellers, etc. creating giant companies and gaining a great deal of personal wealth.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                A populist movement was swelling in response to the JP Morgans, Rockefellers, etc. creating giant companies and gaining a great deal of personal wealth.
                                This sounds familiar...

Comment

Working...
                                X