Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70

Thread: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,567

    Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Time to lose the championship signature and start anew. Much talk in the old thread about the recruits coming in next year. I believe the great press and performances over the past 4-5 years have put Yale in a good place going forward. Coach Allain has settled in and is also a great draw to the program. https://www.collegecommitments.com/De...cq9=1627549359 has this group of young men listed as possibly part next years incoming class.

    Repensky, Nate RD 1993
    DiNicola, Nicholas F 1994
    Walsh, Anthony LD 1995
    Baiocco, John RW 1995
    Hart, Henry F 1994
    Gaus, Andrew RW 1995
    Smith, Mitchell LW 1996
    Smith, Evan C 1996
    Hitchcock, Ryan LW 1996
    Snively, Joseph C 1996

    Alot of talk that the Smith brothers are coming to New Haven. I will get it out of the way now and just call the duo "The Cough Drops".

    Although i follow Yale closely, the recruit stuff eludes me, if anyone has any insight on this group please fell free to chime in.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,567

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Looking back for a minute, great interview with Kenny Agostino about how he is adjusting to the pro game. Good luck to Kenny a class act all the way. https://video.flames.nhl.com/videocen...d=11&id=579771

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    115

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Nate Repensky - 5'10" - 179 pounds - 40 games with Bismark in the NAHL last season, 33 points, 108 PIM, +22.

    https://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=122650

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    473

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Smith twins are solid, probably at least a year or 2 of juniors first
    Hart had great year in NE prep, could be an impact player, a bit small, but extremely crafty
    overall size of incoming recruits concerns me, but a few big boys for 15 might help, hear they are also close to Kent prep Dman Chugg 6'4" 210

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,567

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Ronnieb, welcome to the thread, I too was looking at the recruits stated size stats and they are mostly on the small end for the forwards. Would be interested on your take on who may be the actual players coming in next year. As I stated before, there is no way Yale will carry a 29 man roster.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    473

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    IMO and based on past recruiting behaviors, I only see Hart, Repensky, Dinocola, Snively as prepared enough to come in 14/15. That would still leave wiggle room in roster given there always seems to be potential for change (i.e. admittance, decommits, major junior, nhl etc.)

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,746

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    You have until 4 PM Friday to get your picks in.

    https://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2014

    This means you:

    arickeo
    bcarlisle
    Brett Gobe
    Brian Sullivan/Nate Owen
    cudmud
    hockeyplayer1015
    ibanezist00
    Jack T. Ripper
    Maine-iac
    Mike Hutter
    Nyhockeyguy
    PutItBackOn
    QUAlum2004
    rfs04
    Rjm7272
    StayPuftMMcu
    TchrBill
    TheValleyRaider
    ufanbill
    UnionTDX04
    Wholin1
    rjohntute
    Nottme
    Last edited by vicb; 03-21-2014 at 05:09 AM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    And of 2 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray and Loren Gabel
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,746

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Less than 12 hours to go. You have until 4 PM today to get your picks in.

    https://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2014

    This means you:

    arickeo
    bcarlisle
    Brett Gobe
    Brian Sullivan/Nate Owen
    cudmud
    hockeyplayer1015
    ibanezist00
    Jack T. Ripper
    Maine-iac
    Mike Hutter
    Nyhockeyguy
    PutItBackOn
    StayPuftMMcu
    TchrBill
    ufanbill
    UnionTDX04
    Wholin1
    rjohntute
    Nottme
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    And of 2 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray and Loren Gabel
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,567

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Here's Yale's full schedule for next season. All dates are tentative and can still be moved at this point.

    YALE 2014-15 SCHEDULE

    October
    25: vs. Canadian university TBA (exhibition)
    31: vs. Princeton at Liberty Invitational, Prudential Center, Newark N.J.

    November
    1: vs. UConn or Merrimack at Liberty Invitational, Newark, N.J.
    7: Clarkson
    8: St. Lawrence
    14: at Dartmouth
    15: at Harvard
    21: at Cornell
    22: at Colgate
    29: Rochester Institute of Technology

    December
    5: RPI
    6: Union
    27: Russian Red Stars (exhibition)
    30: at Holy Cross

    January
    3: Vermont
    10: "Rivalry on Ice" vs. Harvard at Madison Square Garden (non-conference)
    13: at Merrimack
    17: Brown
    18: at Brown
    23: at St. Lawrence
    24: at Clarkson
    30: Princeton
    31: Quinnipiac

    February
    6: Harvard
    7: Dartmouth
    13: at Union
    14: at RPI
    20: at Quinnipiac
    21: at Princeton
    27: Colgate
    28: Cornell
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Been following along here for years, finally decided to give posting a shot.

    Two things, first regarding the size of recruits. I'm not so concerned. Some of the most successful Yale teams over the last decade have been pretty tiny on average. Looking specifically at 2010-11, which was probably a better team than the National Champs, it was led by guys like Kevin Peel, Sean Backman, Mark Arcobello, Andrew Miller, Brian O'Neill...all of whom are 5'9 or smaller on a good day. As long as we've got 2 or 3 big offensive forwards (guys like Hayden and DiChiara or, to use guys from the past, Jeff Anderson, Chad Ziegler and Denny Kearney) I've got no problem with a small, fast, skilled team.

    Now the schedule...what is with this team's inability to get some big powerhouses on the schedule?? We've had BC, Colorado College, Denver in the past, but the last two years we have been stuck with the same weak out of conference schedule that ends up putting a lot of extra weight on the ECAC schedule when it comes to the PWR. Scheduling UConn, Holy Cross and RIT, plus the extra "non-conference" games with Princeton and Harvard don't help. Not sure what the situation is, I'm sure it's not for lack of effort, but I'd love to see us go out to Minnesota or Michigan, or even Northeastern, Providence, BU, BC...there has to be a way to get that done.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hamden, CT
    Posts
    442
    I know it's obvious, but this is a joke.

    Some things that must change:
    1- we cannot play more than 1 "non-conference" game against an ECAC team. If that is Harvard as MSG so be it. But you must get rid of any others.
    2- we cannot continue to play Holy Cross
    3- we will never be viewed as more than a lucky one hit wonder until we start scheduling like a team that expects to be in NCAAs regularly. And maybe we don't

    Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    Here's Yale's full schedule for next season. All
    dates are tentative and can still be moved at this point.

    YALE 2014-15 SCHEDULE

    October
    25: vs. Canadian university TBA (exhibition)
    31: vs. Princeton at Liberty Invitational, Prudential Center, Newark N.J.

    November
    1: vs. UConn or Merrimack at Liberty Invitational, Newark, N.J.
    7: Clarkson
    8: St. Lawrence
    14: at Dartmouth
    15: at Harvard
    21: at Cornell
    22: at Colgate
    29: Rochester Institute of Technology

    December
    5: RPI
    6: Union
    27: Russian Red Stars (exhibition)
    30: at Holy Cross

    January
    3: Vermont
    10: "Rivalry on Ice" vs. Harvard at Madison Square Garden (non-conference)
    13: at Merrimack
    17: Brown
    18: at Brown
    23: at St. Lawrence
    24: at Clarkson
    30: Princeton
    31: Quinnipiac

    February
    6: Harvard
    7: Dartmouth
    13: at Union
    14: at RPI
    20: at Quinnipiac
    21: at Princeton
    27: Colgate
    28: Cornell

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,567

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Quote Originally Posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
    I know it's obvious, but this is a joke.

    Some things that must change:
    1- we cannot play more than 1 "non-conference" game against an ECAC team. If that is Harvard as MSG so be it. But you must get rid of any others.
    2- we cannot continue to play Holy Cross
    3- we will never be viewed as more than a lucky one hit wonder until we start scheduling like a team that expects to be in NCAAs regularly. And maybe we don't
    Sorry to say that Yale is committed to the Liberty Invitational for the next three years, the upside is that it will include games against Hockey East foes. The Yale / Harvard MSG thing will most likely end up turning into a victim of the first year success.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,567

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Quote Originally Posted by skillz View Post
    Been following along here for years, finally decided to give posting a shot.

    Two things, first regarding the size of recruits. I'm not so concerned. Some of the most successful Yale teams over the last decade have been pretty tiny on average. Looking specifically at 2010-11, which was probably a better team than the National Champs, it was led by guys like Kevin Peel, Sean Backman, Mark Arcobello, Andrew Miller, Brian O'Neill...all of whom are 5'9 or smaller on a good day. As long as we've got 2 or 3 big offensive forwards (guys like Hayden and DiChiara or, to use guys from the past, Jeff Anderson, Chad Ziegler and Denny Kearney) I've got no problem with a small, fast, skilled team.

    Now the schedule...what is with this team's inability to get some big powerhouses on the schedule?? We've had BC, Colorado College, Denver in the past, but the last two years we have been stuck with the same weak out of conference schedule that ends up putting a lot of extra weight on the ECAC schedule when it comes to the PWR. Scheduling UConn, Holy Cross and RIT, plus the extra "non-conference" games with Princeton and Harvard don't help. Not sure what the situation is, I'm sure it's not for lack of effort, but I'd love to see us go out to Minnesota or Michigan, or even Northeastern, Providence, BU, BC...there has to be a way to get that done.
    Welcome to the thread skillz , please continue to provide your insight. All great points, and I agree completely about the schedule. Relying on the ECAC schedule to provide enough pairwise points is a recipe for mediocrity. Not because the teams aren't good, but the schedule is such a grind that you are bound to lose a few especially in a top heavy year like the last season with Q and Union so strong. Hockey East teams can get away with that type of schedule (example Vermont), not ECAC teams.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Would love to start some Captain speculation. Not sure when they will announce, but I would be shocked if it's not Dark Deuces himself, Tommy Fallen.

    Anyone else have thoughts?

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,567

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Quote Originally Posted by skillz View Post
    Would love to start some Captain speculation. Not sure when they will announce, but I would be shocked if it's not Dark Deuces himself, Tommy Fallen.

    Anyone else have thoughts?
    Fallen, Killian and Day are really the only seniors who spend enough time on the ice to warrant a Captaincy. I agree that Tommy should be the front runner for the job.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,567

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Kenny Agostino scored his first NHL goal tonight for Calgary, congrats to Ken!
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    464

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Quote Originally Posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
    I know it's obvious, but this is a joke.

    Some things that must change:
    we cannot play more than 1 "non-conference" game against an ECAC team. If that is Harvard as MSG so be it. But you must get rid of any others.
    Allain doesn't confide in me (or to anybody as far as I can see) but I strongly suspect that the late starting time of the Ivy League is behind the early Ivy scheduling. Even the "new" Liberty format starts with an intraIvy matchup before taking on a HE team. The problem is that if you start with a non-Ivy team, you're starting against a team that's already played four or five games. No one is a bigger advocate of ramping up the schedule than me, but I think I agree with Keith (if I'm correct on his reasoning) that those games have to come in November/January, not in October.... unless the Ivy presidents relent on season start time. Just to be clear: ramping up scheduling only works if you win. Putting yourself behind with a first game loss when the other team is ready and you aren't is even worse for PWR. I should add that I was one of the very few at this year's opening Yale-Brown match and I can absolutely tell you the Elis weren't ready to play D1 hockey. Not even close.

    As far as MSG against Harvard goes, I was stunned by the success of the first one. If they can consistently draw that many, PWR will take a backseat to BAR (Bank Account Rankings)
    Last edited by goblue78; 04-05-2014 at 07:41 AM.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,567

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Well lets enjoy the last five hours as the National Champions and hope that Union can continue to carry the NCAA Championship trophy for the ECAC. It was a great pleasure talking to some fans of other teams at the frozen four this year, especially about last years run. It's amazing how much more pleasant folks are when not behind an internet keyboard. Having a few beers while waiting for your team to play in a national semifinal may have improved the mood as well. Should be a great game!
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    464

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    E! C! A! C!

    Congrats to Union for keeping the championship in-house.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    415

    Re: Yale Bulldogs 2014 off season. Looking forward!

    Quote Originally Posted by goblue78 View Post
    E! C! A! C!

    Congrats to Union for keeping the championship in-house.
    Two years in a row that Minnesota is eliminated by an ECAC team.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •