Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Playoffs: Dartmouth @ RPI 3/7-9/14

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    If it ain't on RPITV count me out completely. B2 has been just horrible for me and a complete waste of money. The money is better spent on Twinkies to mosh on while listening to WRPI's audio feed.
    I've never watched on B2, America1.....whatever it's called but from everything I 've read by posters from ALL teams it's a horrible product. So my question is, does anyone know how much money the league makes off this contract? Maybe I'm naive but I have to think the League is aware it's a horrible venue but yet they're willing to subject it's fans to such a poor product.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      I've never watched on B2, America1.....whatever it's called but from everything I 've read by posters from ALL teams it's a horrible product. So my question is, does anyone know how much money the league makes off this contract? Maybe I'm naive but I have to think the League is aware it's a horrible venue but yet they're willing to subject it's fans to such a poor product.
      I've read in past years that it would cost $10,000 (I assume per game) for another stream, the same amount as was fined a few years ago for a ustream. No comment on any ustream or twitch shenanigans upcoming.

Comment

The league is also willing to make us suffer through horrible reffing. I suspect neither problem will be fixed soon.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          If it ain't on RPITV count me out completely. B2 has been just horrible for me and a complete waste of money. The money is better spent on Twinkies to mosh on while listening to WRPI's audio feed.
          It might not be on RPITV but I believe it will be the RPITV feed being viewed through America One. It is not like America One sends crews to the venues they stream.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
            It might not be on RPITV but I believe it will be the RPITV feed being viewed through America One. It is not like America One sends crews to the venues they stream.
            Maybe, but America One doesn't carry HD feeds (I'm pretty sure).
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

deleted; mistake on my part.
              Last edited by RPI_2003; 03-06-2014, 05:30 AM.
              Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                They severely deteriorate the quality of any stream with the exception of professional SD TV feeds, or so I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                  Thanks for the shoutout and assuming I figured out every breakdown correctly!

What color is the goal light? RED. Let's kick Dartmouth's Big Green ***.
                  Only problem with that is our off ice officials have a tendency to inappropriately turn on the goal light for our opponents...
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    Only problem with that is our off ice officials have a tendency to inappropriately turn on the goal light for our opponents...
                    You know, that was one thing I noticed when I went to Lynah, was that they didn't turn on the goal light when RPI scored. And they were quite viewable from my vantage point.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      The league is also willing to make us suffer through horrible reffing. I suspect neither problem will be fixed soon.
                      RPI Gamenotes, no mention of who the zebras will be.... http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...AC.pdf?id=1792
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

RPI Gamenotes, no mention of who the zebras will be.... http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...AC.pdf?id=1792
                        The refs tonight are Harry Dumas and Cameron Lynch. Linesmen Dan Taggart and David Brown.

Tomorrow is Harry Dumas with Scott Whittemore. Linesmen are the same.

I have not seen any info for a Sunday game.

Comment

Oh god, Dumas (mispronounced). Let's not let the refs be a factor. Keep the stupid penalties to a minimum (maybe Guy can take one tonight and Bo can handle tomorrow).
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            You know, that was one thing I noticed when I went to Lynah, was that they didn't turn on the goal light when RPI scored. And they were quite viewable from my vantage point.
                            There are so few goals for either team that when the lights burn out we don't notice for months...

I'm still trying to wrap my head around green lights for goals, rather than red. That makes no sense to me at all.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              Let's not kid ourselves, RPI is the underdogs this weekend for a plethora of reasons.
                              I don't think Dartmouth can skate with you. They are very tough when they can be physical and when they can apply their strong forecheck without worrying too much about quick transition. I think your forwards will open them up like a tin can.

(I am all for this since we lined up against them so terribly... by all means please get rid of them.)
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                There are so few goals for either team that when the lights burn out we don't notice for months...

I'm still trying to wrap my head around green lights for goals, rather than red. That makes no sense to me at all.
                                Sounds like they put the wrong cover on the light.

Comment

Working...
                                X