FSU @ Alaska - Freeze the Bulldogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSU @ Alaska - Freeze the Bulldogs

I've had this one marked for a while. Both games at Ferris back in Mid-November could have gone either way. The 'Nooks got down early, and came back like they had so many times up to that point but just couldn't get ahead.

Now with Ferris in Fairbanks, I think the home ice might just be the extra kick in the pants the guys need. And the 'Nooks are on a roll right now and have a chance to make a statement.

Realistically I see a split this weekend, but I wouldn't be astonished if Alaska swept. I might sound a. It optimistic here, but our boys are a whole different bunch than the showing in Big Rapids.

Thoughts? Trash talk? The floor is yours.
    Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Re: FSU @ Alaska - Freeze the Bulldogs

Don't get caught looking ahead. This should be a fun series...not really sure what to expect.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

We struggled early but hopefully have pulled it together. Should be a tough series.

Overall our conference “goals against” average = 2.83 (6th), which was our Achilles heel.
      …the first 14 games = 3.21
      …the last 10 games = 2.30
      Ferris is #1 at 2.12

Overall our conference “goals for” average = 3.33 (3rd).
      …the first 14 games = 3.00
      …the last 10 games = 3.80
      Ferris #1 at 3.50

Alaska Power Play = 20.2% (2nd)
      Ferris #6 at 17.0%

Alaska Penalty Kill = 84.5% (3rd)
      Ferris #4 at 84.2%

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
        Trash talk? The floor is yours.
        I'll wait till Sunday.......
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Ironic thread title. Warmer here than Big Rapids. Supposed to be sunny and around +30. We may have as many fans in shorts as UAH this weekend.

Go Nooks!

Comment

I don't get to see many games except on tape, but the nanooks seemed to have started playing better when Jared Larson get back in the line up. He is a big body with some skills, for the people who see them play alot do you think he makes a big difference?

Comment

Not a one-man show, but an important piece of the puzzle that makes us a better team. We missed him the first half as our stats show. He started getting back into the lineup and into game shape in January. Over the last six games (BSU, UAH, MTU) he has something like 6 goals and 2 assists. His presence makes a difference.

Go Nooks!

Comment

It's time for the wheels to fall off the UAF train! Ferris is comming to town with the WCHA cup on the mind. I'm hoping that I don't fall asleep in my chair before the game is on. Who has more snow at this point, Big Rapids or Fairbanks. The last I heard, Big Rapids is up to 130 inches for the year.

Comment

130 inches of snow in Big Rapids. That's ok. Nothing to do in Big Rapids but shovel snow anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                    I don't get to see many games except on tape, but the nanooks seemed to have started playing better when Jared Larson get back in the line up. He is a big body with some skills, for the people who see them play alot do you think he makes a big difference?
                    On tape? I think it's time to upgrade to a color television and DVD player.
                    _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                    No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by golfhawkins View Post
                      It's time for the wheels to fall off the UAF train! Ferris is comming to town with the WCHA cup on the mind. I'm hoping that I don't fall asleep in my chair before the game is on. Who has more snow at this point, Big Rapids or Fairbanks. The last I heard, Big Rapids is up to 130 inches for the year.
                      I don't think Fairbanks has ever gotten 130 inches. Anchorage either, for that matter.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
                        130 inches of snow in Big Rapids. That's ok. Nothing to do in Big Rapids but shovel snow anyway.

And... Kick some Alaska sea wolf a$s last weekend. Next up..... The Nanooks!

Comment

Doesn't look like anyone is taking the bait, perhaps this worked with the UAA crowd last weekend.

Comment

Dont mind the quasi-inbred sister kissing folk from FSU... Michiganders try to confine them to one little part of the state. The internet allows them to rear their ugly heads sometimes....

Go Nanooks!
                            Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
                              Dont mind the quasi-inbred sister kissing folk from FSU... Michiganders try to confine them to one little part of the state. The internet allows them to rear their ugly heads sometimes....

Go Nanooks!

It sounds like the like the western michigan sisters of the blind has come back out of "the" hole. The "hole" would be Lason arena in a crap hole of a town south of Grand Rapids.

As for the two Alaska teams, I'm proud to say they are part of the WCHA along with Ferris and I hope that they all stay members for a long time.

Ferris has locked up at least home playoff games for the first round. It may be to early with the standing as close as they are, but if the Nanooks get home ice for the 1st round, who are the possible opponents?

Comment

Working...
                              X