X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Final Game at Ritter/Playoffs <<<<<

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
    It looks like Conacher is coming back to Buffalo. I don't know if my body is ready to cheer for a Canisius player.
    I don't think that will be much of an issue unless the Sabres find a Stamkos to put on a line with Conacher. As much as I admire Cory, being on that line made him. I think Ottawa will regret if not already giving Ben Bishop up for him. I thought it was a bad trade at the time...
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
      I don't think that will be much of an issue unless the Sabres find a Stamkos to put on a line with Conacher. As much as I admire Cory, being on that line made him. I think Ottawa will regret if not already giving Ben Bishop up for him. I thought it was a bad trade at the time...
      He's a speedy winger who is high energy and likes to grind it out, something that the Sabres are lacking. Is he going to score at the pace he was with Stamkos? No...but that's not his role. He can be a productive 3rd or 4th line player. Even in Ottawa he was not playing particularly poorly...for the minutes they were giving him his scoring was decent.
      RIT

Comment

Is RIT renting buses for the games in Massachusetts this weekend?
        R I T HOCKEY
        Frozen Four
        Elite Eight
        NCAA Tournament
        2010-2015-2016
        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
          you mean fan buses? Doubtful. They don't even do fan buses to Canisius or Niagara anymore...
          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
          Men's Frozen Four 2010
          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Previewing the first round in AHA

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...-robert-morris
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

RIT probably didn't budget for traveling in the playoffs...

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                Speaking of the new arena...
                Has anyone discussed where we might be parking next season? Seems like it's either S lot or D lot. Neither of those options are particularly appealing, are they?
                Hey, guys (and gals) -

As you know, UNO is building a new arena as well, Opening season after next. Thread:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...f-15-16-Season

I am curious to know, was there any discourse about your new building prior to it's construction about how big it should or should not be? Roundabout way of asking: "Why is it the size that it is?" That is a very big issue around here, still, even though construction has now begun.

Comment

If by discussion on size you mean something that involved the community, then no. It was something determined by administration.

From our understanding the size was determined based on the Rochester hockey-fan demographic (believe it or not, we get as much if not more Rochester community attendance than student attendance). RIT wanted the new rink to be full or near full nightly, hense why they went with a 4K+ capacity rink instead of something like an 8k seater which would never be full.

I'm also inclined to believe that part of the size and design has to go with budget constraints.

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                  Hey, guys (and gals) -

As you know, UNO is building a new arena as well, Opening season after next. Thread:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...f-15-16-Season

I am curious to know, was there any discourse about your new building prior to it's construction about how big it should or should not be? Roundabout way of asking: "Why is it the size that it is?" That is a very big issue around here, still, even though construction has now begun.
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                    He's a speedy winger who is high energy and likes to grind it out, something that the Sabres are lacking. Is he going to score at the pace he was with Stamkos? No...but that's not his role. He can be a productive 3rd or 4th line player. Even in Ottawa he was not playing particularly poorly...for the minutes they were giving him his scoring was decent.
                    35 Games with Stamkos = 9 Goals and 15 Assists
                    72 Game with Out Stamkos = 6 Goals and 19 Assist

I am not trying to bash Cory I think he has great heart, but I think at best he might be able to be a Daniel Paille, that why I was shocked when the Senators gave up a number goalie prospect for him. I think the best comparison on RIT to Conacher would be Ben Lynch. Put him on a line with Favot and Brenner and he has great stats, but take him off that line and things fall off...
                    Last edited by Tom Naeger; 03-07-2014, 02:02 PM.
                    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule
                    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                      35 Games with Stamkos = 9 Goals and 15 Assists
                      72 Game with Out Stamkos = 6 Goals and 19 Assist

I am not trying Cory I think he has great heart, but I think at best he might be able to be a Daniel Paille, that why I was shocked when the Senators gave up a number goalie prospect for him. I think the best comparison on RIT to Conacher would be Ben Lynch. Put him on a line with Favot and Brenner and he has great stats, but take him off that line and things fall off...
                      I said he'd make a good 3rd or 4th line player, I think that pretty much lines up with this numbers post-Stamkos. Not arguing that TBL made a good trade for him..they definitely didn't, but he still has NHL talent...people just need to recalibrate their expectations.

A line with him and Torrey Mitchell could actually be pretty good, that's a ton of speed on a 3rd line..
                      RIT

Comment

Pardon me for hijacking the RIT thread to talk about RIT instead of where a non-RIT player went. I have a feeling this weekend goes 3 games. RIT will need to step up the offense a bit. Holy Cross was the only team to come from behind to beat RIT this year. Rotolo has to be going in with confidence with 3 excellant efforts against pretty good teams. He will need to be on his game for the Tigers to pull off the minor upset. My X Factor for the Tigers is Garbowsky. It was good to see him out there, but now we need him to contribute on the scoresheet.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                          Pardon me for hijacking the RIT thread to talk about RIT instead of where a non-RIT player went. I have a feeling this weekend goes 3 games. RIT will need to step up the offense a bit. Holy Cross was the only team to come from behind to beat RIT this year. Rotolo has to be going in with confidence with 3 excellant efforts against pretty good teams. He will need to be on his game for the Tigers to pull off the minor upset. My X Factor for the Tigers is Garbowsky. It was good to see him out there, but now we need him to contribute on the scoresheet.
                          You're pardoned and I think you're right. It'd be great if they can close it out in two
                          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                            Rotolo goes as his defense goes. He made the saves he had to make these last three wins, but his defense never really left him out to dry, either, as they've done in the past. If they do that, he'll let in goals.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              Rotolo goes as his defense goes. He made the saves he had to make these last three wins, but his defense never really left him out to dry, either, as they've done in the past. If they do that, he'll let in goals.

Powers &8^]
                              Agreed.

Seeing how RIT is finally almost all healthy, this is a totally different team mentally and physically then when RIT played Holy Cross early this season. Also if you look at the stats, Holy Cross is 3-10-2 this year playing at home. This is demoralizing for them and great for a hot RIT team. Add 100 plus loud RIT fans in their barn. All these factors lead me to believe RIT takes it in two games.
                              R I T HOCKEY
                              Frozen Four
                              Elite Eight
                              NCAA Tournament
                              2010-2015-2016
                              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Good article for todays game!

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...yoffs/6149163/
                                R I T HOCKEY
                                Frozen Four
                                Elite Eight
                                NCAA Tournament
                                2010-2015-2016
                                RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Working...
                                X