Minnesota hosts Penn State: 2/28 & 3/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Penn State: 2/28 & 3/1

Wonder what the chances are of tDon starting Shibby one night. Being a senior, his last game at Mariucci and playing Penn State, I could easily see it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
      North Dakota - coach sucks he can't win a NC and they use overage Canadians, their fans can't read or write either.
      Coach can count all the way to one.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        ...only if he uses his magic finger.
        "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
          Two if he uses both hands like the fans do.

Comment

No. Anything past one his math anxiety kicks in.
            "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

So no one other than me thinks there is a pretty good chance this has "trap" series written all over it? Not in a Becky trap style of hockey sort of way, but trap in the sense that there's two pretty big weekends coming up against better competition, and the Gophers might be overlooking PSU. I would certainly hope not, considering how well PSU played us in their barn, but Lucia's teams have shown a history of falling victim to this sort of series later in the season.
              I smell a split all the way. Maybe a 4-point weekend for the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                So no one other than me thinks there is a pretty good chance this has "trap" series written all over it? Not in a Becky trap style of hockey sort of way, but trap in the sense that there's two pretty big weekends coming up against better competition, and the Gophers might be overlooking PSU. I would certainly hope not, considering how well PSU played us in their barn, but Lucia's teams have shown a history of falling victim to this sort of series later in the season.
                I smell a split all the way. Maybe a 4-point weekend for the Gophers.
                I see where you're coming from. They gave us a run in Happy Valley, I see them having a tougher time at Mariucci. IMO this should be a sweep but I wouldn't be completely shocked if PSU takes points away this weekend.
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Gopher Wes preparing for this series:
                  http://www.standeyo.com/NEWS/08_Eart...andbagging.jpg
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    LOL! If I was sandbagging, wouldn't I be predicting a split or a PSU sweep?

Penn St is not an upper echelon NCAA or even B1G team at this point in their existence. Gophers should sweep, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm not seeing how that is sandbagging on my part. I think johnnypohlfan in sandbagging. LOL!!!
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      LOL! If I was sandbagging, wouldn't I be predicting a split or a PSU sweep?

Penn St is not an upper echelon NCAA or even B1G team at this point in their existence. Gophers should sweep, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm not seeing how that is sandbagging on my part. I think johnnypohlfan in sandbagging. LOL!!!
                      Yeah, I guess PSU did only lose to BC by one, so who knows? Gophers don't have much to play for at this point anyway.
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Yeah, I guess PSU did only lose to BC by one, so who knows? Gophers don't have much to play for at this point anyway.
                        ...and to Minnesota by one, and to UMass Lowell by one, and to Union by one (twice - three seconds from OT on the second one), and to Wisconsin by one (on the road).

Comment

Originally posted by Rodman View Post
                          ...and to Minnesota by one, and to UMass Lowell by one, and to Union by one (twice - three seconds from OT on the second one), and to Wisconsin by one (on the road).
                          You guys are pretty good at losing by one.

Comment

I'll say Minnesota by 6 tonight and 7 tomorrow.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You guys are pretty good at losing by one.
                              Just waiting for those one goal losses to turn into one goal wins...our time will come.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodman View Post
                                Just waiting for those one goal losses to turn into one goal wins...our time will come.
                                Ohio State thinks the same thing, and they are still waiting.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X