Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO @ WMU: So your mascot is Tom Cruise from Top Gun right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNO @ WMU: So your mascot is Tom Cruise from Top Gun right?

Hard to believe UNO lost that one. Your coach must have used a bull whip during the 2nd intermission. Don't know anything about Ian Brady. Red Cows might have the scoop on him.
    UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
      Hard to believe UNO lost that one. Your coach must have used a bull whip during the 2nd intermission. Don't know anything about Ian Brady. Red Cows might have the scoop on him.
      I don't know anything about Brady.

That was as inexcusable a loss as we have had since Coach Blais came to UNO. Utterly ridiculous. I assume he was inspired by watching the women's hockey team against the Canadians the other day.

Comment

Seems like Dean doesn't give a rats rear end anymore. I have to wonder if he is just biding his time until he retires. I'd like to know when his contract is up.
        UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
          Seems like Dean doesn't give a rats rear end anymore. I have to wonder if he is just biding his time until he retires. I'd like to know when his contract is up.
          This has been my impression for some time, now. I don't know to what level or how much he has EVER bought into being here.

Ever notice how he talks about "us" in the third person all time? Forever referring to us as "Omaha" or "UNO" or, another of his favorites, "Nebraska"? I never hear him say "we" or "us", ever.

What I have also noticed is that his most noticeable successes here came in his first two seasons, essentially with Mike Kemp's players.

Here is UNO's incoming recruiting class (the best since he got here Coach Blais says):

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/rep...raska-Omaha/37

What are the two biggest needs on this team, BY FAR? If you said defense and goaltending you have clearly watched what's been going on the past couple seasons. Apparently, the staff hasn't, since there is only one defenseman and no goaltenders to be seen in the incoming class. Thompson and Peters had very average stats while in juniors. And, predictably, they have looked pretty average so far this season. Goaltending is by far the biggest worry to me on this team. In the 107 games played since Faulkner's 6 shut-out season in '10-'11, UNO has had only 3 shut-outs since and NONE, so far, this season at all.

I said somewhere else in another thread that we are starting to look like the Loyola Marymount of college hockey. Run and gun and the hell with any defense--we'll just outscore you. I don't know if you can win in hockey that way or not but we have a lot of offense now, and have more firepower, and a lot of it, on the way next year. Vesel and Randolph are turning the USHL scoring race into a complete joke. They are more than 15 points ahead of their closest pursuers.

We played our way out of the possibility of a regular season conference title this weekend during one half of one period in a game we had well in hand and we just handed it over to the other team on a silver platter.

Well coached and/or good teams do not lose games in that fashion like Saturday night. There are either coaching issues on this team or there are intestinal fortitude issues within our roster. Perhaps some of both.

What happened in that game was flat-out alarming.

Coach Blais and Trev Alberts are both under contract through the '14-'15 season, by the way. I am torn about this situation since Coach Blais is one you'd give the benefit of the doubt to, given his track record prior to coming here. However, he's about used up all the coupons in his book as far as I am concerned. And I know I am not the only one that feels that way, either, based on conversations I have had with other fans at recent home games.
          Last edited by Red Cows; 02-24-2014, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X