Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLU & Clarkson @ RPI & Union (2/21, 2/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLU & Clarkson @ RPI & Union (2/21, 2/22)

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    If I am correct Union can clinch at least a tie for a Cleary Cup with 4 pts this weekend. Of perhaps greater significance is whether Carr, Novak, Ikkala are back from injury and Roy from illness. All 4 were out of the lineup on Saturday. Overcoming 2 deficits of 2 goals with a depleted lineup to get the tie with Colgate shows how well this team deals with challenges.
    You are correct:

The Cleary Cup, named for former Harvard player and coach Bill Cleary, is awarded to the team with the best record in league games at the end of the regular-season. There is no tie-breaking procedure should two or more teams end the season with the same record and the trophy is shared. A tie breaking procedure is applied to determine the top seed in the ECAC conference tournament. The Cleary Cup winner is not given any special consideration in the NCAA tournament as the ECAC awards its automatic bid to the winner of the ECAC tournament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECAC_Hockey

There is no tie breaking procedure for the cup, only for the ECAC seeding.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      You are correct:

The Cleary Cup, named for former Harvard player and coach Bill Cleary, is awarded to the team with the best record in league games at the end of the regular-season. There is no tie-breaking procedure should two or more teams end the season with the same record and the trophy is shared. A tie breaking procedure is applied to determine the top seed in the ECAC conference tournament. The Cleary Cup winner is not given any special consideration in the NCAA tournament as the ECAC awards its automatic bid to the winner of the ECAC tournament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECAC_Hockey

There is no tie breaking procedure for the cup, only for the ECAC seeding.
      I'm surprised someone form Union can research, read and comprehend...

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
        Its only because of my two graduate degrees from RPI that I am able to read all that technical stuff.

By the way, how is the breast feeding coming? Are you wiping your nipples after every feeding? Also, remember to wash your hands after you change those diapers. You don't want to get that stuff in your food.

Do you wear one of those bra's that opens in the front so you can breast feed on the go? What does your spouse think of "Stay@homeDad". How have the tuperware parties been?
        Last edited by Dutchman; 02-18-2014, 08:46 PM.
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Its only because of my two graduate degrees from RPI that I am able to read all that technical stuff.

By the way, how is the breast feeding coming? Are you wiping your nipples after every feeding? Also, remember to wash your hands after you change those diapers. You don't want to get that stuff in your food.

Do you wear one of those bra's that opens in the front so you can breast feed on the go? What does your spouse think of "Stay@homeDad". How have the tuperware parties been?
          One wonders how you have so much experience with that sort of stuff...

Comment

Well there goes any talk of this weekends games....
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Hey guys, did you know being a stay at home dad is a really bad thing?
              Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

As usual, my only real advice for the team this weekend:

1) Stay out of the box
                2) Leboeuf, Wood, Dolan: stay out of the box
                3) RPI: stay out of the box

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                  As usual, my only real advice for the team this weekend:

1) Stay out of the box
                  2) Leboeuf, Wood, Dolan: stay out of the box
                  3) RPI: stay out of the box
                  Don't forget Haggerty. Maybe we should have a separate contest called Pick to Snap; the more penalties your choices take, the more points you get!
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Actually, it doesn't shock me that a Unionite would read and then trust Wikipedia implicitly.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      Don't forget Haggerty. Maybe we should have a separate contest called Pick to Snap; the more penalties your choices take, the more points you get!
                      I was recommending a "Bad Boys" contest a while back, but of course people didn't want it because we were "sending a bad message".

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        Actually, it doesn't shock me that a Unionite would read and then trust Wikipedia implicitly.
                        If it's on Wikipedia, you know it's true! You forgot the part where the Unionite edits it to his opinion, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                          If I am correct Union can clinch at least a tie for a Cleary Cup with 4 pts this weekend. Of perhaps greater significance is whether Carr, Novak, Ikkala are back from injury and Roy from illness. All 4 were out of the lineup on Saturday. Overcoming 2 deficits of 2 goals with a depleted lineup to get the tie with Colgate shows how well this team deals with challenges.
                          There are a number of scary things about the injuries...Ikkala being out this long leads me to believe he was more than just bruised when blocking a couple of shots, Carr's absence bothers me because of the arm-in-sling report, and I don't even know what happened to Novak.

I do agree that this team has done very well when facing adverse situations, but I don't know how long that can last. If there's a silver lining, the emergence of DiPauli and the team-oriented concept these guys have instilled in them gives me some hope.
                          Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            If it's on Wikipedia, you know it's true! You forgot the part where the Unionite edits it to his opinion, though.
                            Funny enough, for major and/or culturally-relevant topics I trust Wikipedia more than most of the rest of the Internet. But yes, it's not to be trusted as a cited source.

(This is why you just cite the sources at the bottom of a Wikipedia article instead)
                            Last edited by ibanezist00; 02-19-2014, 07:33 AM.

Comment

By the way, how is the breast feeding coming?
                              You may want to ask your girl to make sure but I think it has been going really well. I had no idea she was into S&M but she seems to love it when I bite on her nipples.

Comment

You may want to ask your girl to make sure but I think it has been going really well. I had no idea she was into S&M but she seems to love it when I bite on her nipples.
                                I have a sneaking suspicion that "his girl" is much like "FlagDUDE's girl." That is to say, one of the two guesses we've made, either a realdoll or a panzer.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X