This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Since our old thread is locked, I thought I'd start a new one. Talk to just about anyone involved with UAA hockey, as well as the casual follower of the team, and it's clear people are excited and positive about the future of UAA hockey. As Brush said in his opinion piece, the players all have smiles on their faces ... they are having fun. That is so great to see!

Matt Thomas and coaching staff deserve a pat on the back for how they have turned this team around in just one season. The Seawolves are playing with passion and being very aggressive. For so many years they played "not to lose" instead of going for the win.

As they say, it's a great day to be a Seawolf!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

In other news, the ECHL lost another team as San Francisco folded. My favorite part of this being the spin from Doyle:
    Minor-league hockey teams folding, suspending operations or moving in-season are rare. The ECHL last ran into teams folding in-season in 2008, when both the Augusta Lynx and Fresno Falcons went bust.
    This is rare! It only happened twice six years ago but it's rare!

Now that I got that out, UAA faces a tough run here. We got 4 series left with 2 on the road and 1 in Squarebanks. We need a little luck but they still got a shot at home ice.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

We are thinking of going to _airbanks this season ... is anyone else going up? We'd want to sit with other UAA fans.
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Sure is nice seeing Beagle get regular shifts with the Caps, who are playing my favorite team Buffalo at this very moment. Who to root for?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Sure is nice seeing Beagle get regular shifts with the Caps, who are playing my favorite team Buffalo at this very moment. Who to root for?
          Caps, the sabres are not going anywhere this season. Might as well trade miller while they're at it.

It has been a great year so far, hope the train keeps rolling
          Go seawolves
          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
            Caps, the sabres are not going anywhere this season. Might as well trade miller while they're at it.

Go seawolves
            The Caps aren't doing too well either. Good game though, tied at 2

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

You mean 3

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                Go seawolves
                Ditto

Comment

I expect ovechkin and co to bounce back and take the 8th seed before all is said and done, can't say the same about the sabres
                  Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by thesullysucks View Post
                    You mean 3
                    No, I mean 4 and OT, and as I type this the Caps win it 5-4.
                    Last edited by Suze; 01-29-2014, 01:29 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Reading my email, due to the cease of operations for the San Francisco Bulls the Aces had their schedule revised by the ECHL and they moved a Friday March 14th game to Thursday the 13th(During the WCHA First Round). I vaguely remember the Aces doing this before for the past when we were in the hunt for playoff home ice, anybody else recall this? Nonetheless it was a pleasant find in my email.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                        Reading my email, due to the cease of operations for the San Francisco Bulls the Aces had their schedule revised by the ECHL and they moved a Friday March 14th game to Thursday the 13th(During the WCHA First Round). I vaguely remember the Aces doing this before for the past when we were in the hunt for playoff home ice, anybody else recall this? Nonetheless it was a pleasant find in my email.
                        I vaguely remember that. Let's hope UAA does get home ice. I think this team has what it takes, they just need to stay focused and play like they know they can play. I'm sure Matt will have them ready!!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Page 1 of the "new thread!
                          Woody is spot on if we want home ice we have to earn home ice.
                          Great incentive, confident they can do it.
                          If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

For those on Facebook, there are a bunch of pictures of the team spending time with students at College Gate Elementary School. The guys look like they are having a ball. Trupper and Murphy cut off their long hair!

Seeing the guys with these school kids reminds me of how Talafous (cough cough) had the guys out in the public eye. Remember when they used to be on the radio in the morning, on the Scott & Stu Morning Zoo? My daughter used to listen to this when she was getting ready for school, and she'd come running to tell me that the UAA players were going to be on the radio. It's great to see them out in the community again!
                            Last edited by Suze; 01-30-2014, 12:40 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

For those on Facebook, there are a bunch of pictures of the team spending time with students at College Gate Elementary School. The guys look like they are having a ball. Trupper and Murphy cut off their long hair!

Seeing the guys with these school kids reminds me of how Talafous (cough cough) had the guys out in the public eye. Remember when they used to be on the radio in the morning, on the Scott & Stu Morning Zoo? My daughter used to listen to this when she was getting ready for school, and she'd come running to tell me that the UAA players were going to be on the radio. It's great to see them out in the community again!
                              Oh ****, I didn't even know they used to do that. I saw Trupp earlier, he looks much better without the long hair. Some guys can pull it off, he can't.
                              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X