Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    Amazing that [only one particular] RPI poster needs to spill his venom over here when there's a perfectly good hatefest [directed at him] going on in theirs.
    fyp.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
      Same question, and I am thinking exactly the opposite, at least so far as the haters are concerned.
      Yes, the administrator would have total control, can disconnect a user, etc. Typically, what you want to do when someone is signing up is to have the administrators not make it automatic, but verify that the person is part of the Union Community and/or some other interested party. We all know good folks in College Hockey that are capabale of adding a great deal to an intelligent discussion. For example, someone may apply for an account but they would have to give a reference to someone who is already a member. There are all sorts of possibilities. The Spammers would not be allowed to comment.

I think that this is the way to go. There is already an ability on the Union College Site to do a little of this. In other words, we could set up a special interest group, but the capability looks very limited.

I don't know if anyone here remembers the old "Majodomo" mail list manager but these web based message systems work off some of the same principles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majordomo_(software)

I could set it all up but would want one or more of you folks to serve as the administrator(s). It would not be a lot of work. I do a lot of consulting and an between "gigs" right now, so I have some time, to set it up. I could do any training with join.me
      Last edited by Dutchman; 01-31-2014, 11:01 AM.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
        No mention of Hatch, Vech, Wilkins, or Ikkala? That's fine.

How does our lineup work Friday night? I'm guessing:

Carr---Roy---Wilkins
        Hatch---Vecchione---Pontarelli
        Sullivan---Novak---Cruice
        Ikkala---Bennett---Coatta

Ghost---Taylor
        Vasaturo---Krug
        Gingras---Henry

Thank God for depth! We're still a very solid team.
        Please keep in mind that blog is written by a student, and a younger student at that frome what I understand. It is not anything remotely official.

We gave up 7 goals on about 25 shots against Colgate. I do not think the answer for who starts in goal is anything like what we have been trying for the last 2.5 months.

Whollin, if it makes you feel better, we have had at least 3 freshmen D every night this year. Sweetman, Bayruether and either Masella or Graham have been out there pretty much every night. In fact, Freshmen are the biggest class every night with our normal lineup.

Unless Union takes a dump or SLU finds the quality of play they had in October, the biggest question I have is if we can keep it close.
        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
          Please keep in mind that blog is written by a student, and a younger student at that frome what I understand. It is not anything remotely official.

We gave up 7 goals on about 25 shots against Colgate. I do not think the answer for who starts in goal is anything like what we have been trying for the last 2.5 months.

Whollin, if it makes you feel better, we have had at least 3 freshmen D every night this year. Sweetman, Bayruether and either Masella or Graham have been out there pretty much every night. In fact, Freshmen are the biggest class every night with our normal lineup.

Unless Union takes a dump or SLU finds the quality of play they had in October, the biggest question I have is if we can keep it close.
          I did not know that thanks for the heads up. Just out of curiosity, do you know who announces the games on the stream? Students? Local radio host?
          Union College Hockey
          2014 NCAA National Champions
          2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post

It sounds like fans of both teams are going out of their way to keep expectations modest, but somehow I think this is going to be a barnburner. I'm expecting a high scoring game but who knows? Rick and I both wish we could be there.

Comment

I did not know that thanks for the heads up. Just out of curiosity, do you know who announces the games on the stream? Students? Local radio host?
              Sometimes there is no audio, other times it is the radio feed which is Greg Lapinski and SLU's SID Wally Johnson doing color and stats. Greg is great at play by play, but shares my disdain for inconsistent ECAC officiating.

Comment

For the Clarkson game at SLU they had a guy that I think works in the SID office at SLU do the game and it was extremely well done. It's random. Lots of times there is no audio and you can listen to the radio and do the video but they are not synced so it is not great. Even though it is HD, sometimes it is sharp and awesome and other times it looks like a 1973 version of space invadors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                  For the Clarkson game at SLU they had a guy that I think works in the SID office at SLU do the game and it was extremely well done. It's random. Lots of times there is no audio and you can listen to the radio and do the video but they are not synced so it is not great. Even though it is HD, sometimes it is sharp and awesome and other times it looks like a 1973 version of space invadors.
                  Thanks for your input, I'm hoping for the best quality lol. And feel free to take an easy on us and kick RPI's *** tomorrow
                  Union College Hockey

Comment

Thanks for your input, I'm hoping for the best quality lol. And feel free to take an easy on us and kick RPI's *** tomorrow
                    The way we have looked lately in our own zone your guys grandma's could score on us shooting the puck from their porches in Alberta.

I really hate to be so down on our guys, but we have looked SO BAD in our zone that I can barely watch anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      Yes, the administrator would have total control, can disconnect a user, etc. Typically, what you want to do when someone is signing up is to have the administrators not make it automatic, but verify that the person is part of the Union Community and/or some other interested party. We all know good folks in College Hockey that are capabale of adding a great deal to an intelligent discussion. For example, someone may apply for an account but they would have to give a reference to someone who is already a member. There are all sorts of possibilities. The Spammers would not be allowed to comment.

I think that this is the way to go. There is already an ability on the Union College Site to do a little of this. In other words, we could set up a special interest group, but the capability looks very limited.

I don't know if anyone here remembers the old "Majodomo" mail list manager but these web based message systems work off some of the same principles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majordomo_(software)

I could set it all up but would want one or more of you folks to serve as the administrator(s). It would not be a lot of work. I do a lot of consulting and an between "gigs" right now, so I have some time, to set it up. I could do any training with join.me
                      If it keeps you guys off off here, go for it.
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

RPI fans must really like us if they are still posting in our thread. Who knows, maybe they will even root for us in the NCAA Tourney!
                        Union College Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                          The administrator would approve someone who is signing up ..... could be anyone. If you do not have an account, you can read posts but cannot comment. Same as USCHO.
                          Please pardon the intrusion Dutchman. I will get off here after this comment. Your note on the Colgate thread was appreciated. We always encourage social discourse and are happy to hear opinions from all hockey fans. Just want to note your comment that the "ECAC was appropriate" in its actions to give Coach Bennett a two-game suspension. As you now know the ECAC has tacked on two more games to Coach Bennett's mini-vacation. I also note that the RPI coach has been suspended for one game. Just want to have on the record that my original observation that the ECAC - and Union - were too lenient in their penalties has now been confirmed by these actions. However I stand by my opinion that Bennett should be suspended for the remainder of the season
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                            Please pardon the intrusion Dutchman. I will get off here after this comment. Your note on the Colgate thread was appreciated. We always encourage social discourse and are happy to hear opinions from all hockey fans. Just want to note your comment that the "ECAC was appropriate" in its actions to give Coach Bennett a two-game suspension. As you now know the ECAC has tacked on two more games to Coach Bennett's mini-vacation. I also note that the RPI coach has been suspended for one game. Just want to have on the record that my original observation that the ECAC - and Union - were too lenient in their penalties has now been confirmed by these actions. However I stand by my opinion that Bennett should be suspended for the remainder of the season

super
                            we will all be able to sleep to better knowing col 66 made his personal opinion known. at least we can cancel the insomnia tests.

thank you for sharing yoyr so valued opinion. only 2.6 million to go

donkey

Comment

Comment

I like the Carr-Novak-Sullivan combo. I don't think we've tried that yet this year. It will be interesting to see if that line has any chemistry.
                                Last edited by Dutchfan; 01-31-2014, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X