Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    We only sell insurance not cars.
    Good point, Raloh. No one wants to plag for that ghy.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      http://www.dailygazette.com/news/201...26_more-union/

Union College students forgiving of coach’s action
      Most interviewed see Bennett as passionate, sincere in his apology

SCHENECTADY — Derek Kahr plays club hockey at Union College.
      He knows the game. And he thinks he knows what caused Union coach Rick Bennett’s fiery actions on the ice at the Times Union Center Saturday night.

“The RPI coach should have never let his team clear the bench — that was a pretty bush league thing to do,” said Kahr, 21, a sophomore economics major from Needham, Mass. Students on the Union campus, most interviewed Monday afternoon inside the Reamer Campus Center, backed Bennett’s play.
      Kahr, eating lunch with fellow club hockey player Reed Houston, believes RPI players rushing the ice set the stage for Bennett’s reaction. “I think he had every right to be pretty mad,” he said. “I don’t know if that was the right away to handle it, but from a hockey perspective, that was pretty low to let your team clear the bench.”

Sophomore economics majors Dave Pope, 19, from Beverly, Mass., and Nick Littas, 20, from Weston, Mass., believe Bennett was just standing up for his players. Neither thought the post-game hysterics were that big a deal.
      “I grew up in Boston, so I’m used to all the fights with the Bruins,” Pope said.
      “I don’t think it turned any kids off,” Littas said. “It might turn some parents off.”

The incident is not likely to tarnish the reputations of Union or Bennett.
      “The school acted pretty quickly and there was an apology,” said David Hoff, senior vice president at Hager Sharp in Washington, D.C., which performs media relations and other services for clients in the education and health sectors. “By taking quick action like that, I think the school is showing it’s taking this seriously and the statement from the coach sounds like he’s taking this seriously as well, so I don’t see this having a lasting effect for the school.”

There are some critcal comments in the article as well and a note that the real loser here .... was College Hockey.
      LOL. So you're defending Bennett by giving us an article with a bunch of quotes from students AT THE COLLEGE WHERE HE IS EMPLOYED. LOL. And RPI fans are going to be the one to constantly bring this up....says the guy who is constantly bringing it up. Thanks for the laughs.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Union College students forgiving of coach’s action
        Most interviewed see Bennett as passionate, sincere in his apology

SCHENECTADY — Derek Kahr plays club hockey at Union College.
        He knows the game. And he thinks he knows what caused Union coach Rick Bennett’s fiery actions on the ice at the Times Union Center Saturday night.

“The RPI coach should have never let his team clear the bench — that was a pretty bush league thing to do,” said Kahr, 21, a sophomore economics major from Needham, Mass. Students on the Union campus, most interviewed Monday afternoon inside the Reamer Campus Center, backed Bennett’s play.
        Kahr, eating lunch with fellow club hockey player Reed Houston, believes RPI players rushing the ice set the stage for Bennett’s reaction. “I think he had every right to be pretty mad,” he said. “I don’t know if that was the right away to handle it, but from a hockey perspective, that was pretty low to let your team clear the bench.”

Sophomore economics majors Dave Pope, 19, from Beverly, Mass., and Nick Littas, 20, from Weston, Mass., believe Bennett was just standing up for his players. Neither thought the post-game hysterics were that big a deal.
        “I grew up in Boston, so I’m used to all the fights with the Bruins,” Pope said.
        “I don’t think it turned any kids off,” Littas said. “It might turn some parents off.”

The incident is not likely to tarnish the reputations of Union or Bennett.
        “The school acted pretty quickly and there was an apology,” said David Hoff, senior vice president at Hager Sharp in Washington, D.C., which performs media relations and other services for clients in the education and health sectors. “By taking quick action like that, I think the school is showing it’s taking this seriously and the statement from the coach sounds like he’s taking this seriously as well, so I don’t see this having a lasting effect for the school.”

There are some critcal comments in the article as well and a note that the real loser here .... was College Hockey.
        We as RPI fans do love how you cherrypicked the one article that spins Union's actions in a positive light or reactions ranging from "indifference" to "didn't even know or cared this happened", and are also the one to keep bringing up the issue even though you're one of the people saying RPI fans will keep doing it. Nice job, HokyDad2
        Last edited by ibanezist00; 01-30-2014, 03:56 PM.
        Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
          We as RPI fans do love how you cherrypicked the one article that spins Union's actions in a positive light or reactions ranging from "indifference" to "didn't even know or cared this happened", and are also the one to keep bringing up the issue even though you're one of the people saying RPI fans will keep doing it. Nice job, HokyDad2
          Just as the NY Ranger fans have not forgotten Denis Potvin, the Rensselaer fans will not forget Bennett's actions. Union will just have to live with that fact that marginalizing this transgression or crying "out d a m n spot" just doesn't cut it.
          Last edited by DeepRed72; 01-30-2014, 04:33 PM.
          "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

“The RPI coach should have never let his team clear the bench — that was a pretty bush league thing to do,” said Kahr, 21, a sophomore economics major from Needham, Mass.
            You fellas really need to stop with the "RPI is a bunch of thugs because they jumped the boards at the end of the game". EVERY winning team has jumped the boards at the end of a game, every time since boards were invented. See this youtube video of Union winning in AC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9lpFt0DaY0

At about the 3 minute mark of the video, Union players can be seen looking up to the clock before jumping the boards at the end of the game to celebrate with their goaltender. Immediately after, Cornell players can been seen skating up-ice. The significance of the game was less last week but the only noteworthy difference was that the Union captain smashed an RPI player in the head right as time was expiring. So, go ahead and say a few of the RPI guys got carried away. List the misconducts RPI was assessed, just stop with the over the boards nonsense.

Comment

Good luck to Joe, Jason and the team this weekend.

Comment

RPI coming off the bench to celebrate .... seems like an accurate observation.

Me thinks the Union fans "does protest too much." All the whining appears to be fueled by a belief based on the idea that .... "Nobody understand us and we are the victims." Give it a rest .... your not going to win this one ............. and you probably shouldn't.

Comment

I know Greg Carey is a player to watch tomorrow. Any other key players to watch from SLU?
                  Union College Hockey
                  2014 NCAA National Champions
                  2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

I didn't think the student newspaper "Concordiensis" was still being published !!! Looks like it is. Not a bad writeup by two student reporters. Looks like they interviewed just about everyone.

http://www.concordy.com/section/arti...e-suspensions/

Meltdown on the Ice: Mayors Cup Brawl leads to multiple suspensions

Mary-Kate Farber ’15, a passionate hockey fan who was present at Saturday’s game, described how the fight unfolded on the ice. “At the end of the game, we were all getting ready to leave as the last face off was about to happen and then all of a sudden we saw the RPI players jumping the bench and then the huge fight broke out. And right when you thought it was all over, the coaches got involved,” Farber explained.

Farber added that, following the fight, a “Let’s Go U” chant echoed throughout the halls of the Times Union Center.
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Nice write-up about Shayne Gostisbehere in the Future Flyers Report
                      http://www.flyerdelphia.com/2014/01/...rs-report.html

" .... he is doing pretty well when it comes to Hobey Baker Award voting. The blue liner is second in the voting for the annual award handed out to the top NCAA men's ice hockey player. With 7,461 votes, Gostisbehere trails only St. Cloud State's Ryan Faragher, who has a total of 8,027 votes. Gostisbehere is slightly ahead of Maine's Ben Hutton, who has 7,443 votes, and the noteworthy Johnny Gaudreau, who has a total of 7,259."

Our alternate captain will have to step up this weekend. Are we on Olympic ice?
                      Last edited by Dutchman; 01-30-2014, 05:25 PM.
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post

Our alternate captain will have to step up this weekend. Are we on Olympic ice?
                        Olympic ice? None of the ECAC teams will see the big sheet until Lake Placid.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          Olympic ice? None of the ECAC teams will see the big sheet until Lake Placid.
                          Thanks !!!
                          Does anyone know if Bennett will make the trip? Is he allowed to sit in the stands? How connected can he be with the team if he is suspended?
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Thanks !!!
                            Does anyone know if Bennett will make the trip? Is he allowed to sit in the stands? How connected can he be with the team if he is suspended?
                            Given he is suspended without pay, I'd say he'd have about as good of a shot as you yelling down onto the bench.

Comment

Please play nicely.

Comment

Amazing that RPI posters need to spill their venom over here when there's a perfectly good hatefest going on in theirs. How dare Union fans support their team and coach on their own thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X