Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        I need a beer. That was torture.
        For once, I agree with you.

Comment

• Re: RPI@Princeton 1/10/14

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          RPI loses 2-1
          Say what you want about the Princeton goalie, when Curadi is your leading scorer, you are not going to win.
          I can't think of anything good to say about this game.
          Back to square one.
          I'm sure those with Labium-Gluteus-fixation syndrome will find a way to spin this.

Comment

FINAL. QU 2 Union 1

Comment

Well guys if we were going by last year's criteria we would no longer be a TUC. An ugly and sickening game.
              "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                Well guys if we were going by last year's criteria we would no longer be a TUC. An ugly and sickening game.
                And right now we don't deserve to be one. 2-7-2 in our last 11 games.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                  So now it's the December/January meltdown instead of the January meltdown we used to have when I was in college?

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                    9 goals in the last 7 games if I figured it right in my head, including the US 18 game.

If anything, we usually play Qpac well . Hopefully we break out of this tomorrow
                    Last edited by DavidSec17; 01-10-2014, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                      9 goals in the last 7 games if I figured it right in my head, including the US 18 game.
                      In what game did we get shutout? We haven't had one of those since Harvard, and we had two goals in U-18 and both Mariucci games. More like 9 goals in the last 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        In what game did we get shutout? We haven't had one of those since Harvard, and we had two goals in U-18 and both Mariucci games. More like 9 goals in the last 6.
                        My bad. Too many winter ales tonight.

Comment

Sorry to be so late adding any comment. We did not play badly for most of the game-we came out hitting like a team poossessed(but that stopped by the second period). We outplayed, outchanced Princeton most of the night. We only took one penalty. Dumas was the lead official-need i say more. Both teams guilty of all sorts of minor infractions which could have been called-but Princeton played a game of constant interference and although much of it was borderline, usually it is called. I could not count the shots we took that were blocked as Princeton just collapsed 4 men into the crease area to protect a freshman goalie who just always seemed to be in the exact spot to get hit with the puck. One horrible call was very late when we were 6 on 4-the linesman saw the puck come out form the Princeton end while we were pressing(Jen and i were about 30 feet from the spot and it sure looked like it was still on the blue line. This may have been the best we ever played after pulling the goalie-keeping pressure in the offensive zone for a full 2 minutes but missed the net about 3 times.

frustrating does not even come close to the feeling-this was a game that we needed to score a couple more and just could not get the job done. Not sure how many times we had an open net and missed or how many times shots from the point were just way wide. The goal called back was one we just could not see so cannot comment. I know coach SA likes have Haggerty on the point for power plays but it just seems he would be better used in closer so his quick shot from the circles gets to the goalie faster.

Great seeing Babo and Rich at the game-wish more had made it down but the weather was truly tricky and the traffic was miserable around the Rink(they are building and constructing all over the place).
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

At the risk of giving Wicked Slappahs another heart attack, let me mention how the women's team is doing? Trailing 3-2 after 2 periods despite playing another game where they control the puck. Problem tonight is that Princeton lost to Union yesterday, came out firing in the first 5 minutes while the Engineers were waking up, and went up 2-0. Since then, momentum has been with RPI and I'm still optimistic they will make it a 2-0 weekend.

Comment

Women Engineers going to OT vs. Princeton. Totally dominating play at the end of the third. GREAT hockey!

final 4-4. Solid 3 pt wknd against 2 good teams.
                              Last edited by hab; 01-11-2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I apologize for being even later than Dr. D, but I would echo his comment that Princeton played a game of constant interference.

I was sitting three rows in front of Dr. D and about three or four seats to the left of a loud Princeton fan. I don't know if Dr. D could hear him, but I sure could.

This guy was on the refs the whole game, begging them, at every conceivable opportunity, to call a penalty on RPI, while blasting them unmercifully on the few occasions when they called penalties on Princeton. I'm sure there's a fan or several like this in just about every rink.

Whenever an RPI player went down, this guy would be yelling, "That's a dive! Unsportsmanlike conduct! Call a penalty on number (insert number of RPI player lying on the ice)!"

It really got to be kind of comical after a while, hearing him yelling the same thing over and over.

It did, however, make it pretty easy to notice how very, very often RPI players were going down.

Well, give credit to Princeton. They recognized how the game was going to be called, and they did what they needed to do to win.

The refs certainly weren't responsible for the hideous giveaway that led to the game-losing goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X