This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The New WCHA IV (2013-14): Unlocked and Cocked

UAH got peppered on Friday. The boys fared better on Saturday, picking up an EAG with :18.6 left. But it was just another night of 3:1 SOG margins for us. The close losses are the ones that hurt the worst.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      Bowling Green had a pretty good weekend. Not so much for Tech.
      Both teams went 1-1. BG won a consolation game after getting blown out in the first game. Tech lost the GLI Championship in OT. What makes it good for BG and not so good for Tech?
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Both teams went 1-1. BG won a consolation game after getting blown out in the first game. Tech lost the GLI Championship in OT. What makes it good for BG and not so good for Tech?
        They didn't win a game.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Tech did not officially win a game. They tied their semifinal, advancing on a shootout that means nothing to the NCAA.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Tech did not officially win a game. They tied their semifinal, advancing on a shootout that means nothing to the NCAA.
            Put the best spin you can on it.
            I always do.
            And I wanted them to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              Sorry Suze but there is never any humor in that type of pain.
              To put it into perspective for you compare it to child birth.
              After a few months or years I've heard many females say "lets have another baby".
              I've never heard a male say "go ahead and hit me there again".
              Enough said.
              It's a good thing that we mothers forget the pain of childbirth, or we would never have more kids. For me, even the 46 hours of labor and eventual C section of my first didn't deter me from wanting more! I didn't mean to be mean, but sometimes members of our family have weird sense of humors ... what can I say?
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

And, unlike childbirth, nothing good comes from a shot in the man parts. You're not likely to say "yeah, it hurt like hell, but the result was worth it."
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Ah... My error
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

The warmest low temperature this morning of all WCHA cities was in Anchorage. I expect that will be true again tomorrow.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      The warmest low temperature this morning of all WCHA cities was in Anchorage. I expect that will be true again tomorrow.

GFM
                      This crap is evil. This was actually part of the forecast: "Becoming mostly cloudy and windy. Temperatures warming rapidly to -9 to -13F"
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Okay, here's a serious question. The WCHA is, generally

Ferris (22 pts — remember, they have two games in hand on Mankato)
                        Everyone else (11-20 pts, especially with four teams log-jammed at 14pts)
                        UAH (2 pts)

The matter of who is the top of "everyone else" changes from week to week. Mankato is on a nice run, and BG seems to have recovered nicely from dropping a game to the Chargers. Is anyone going to turn into a clear #2 (or #3 if there are two teams), or is it going to be a muddle in terms of just trying to get in #2-4 so you have home games? Is it a matter of who gets to play UAH in this stretch (including Tech, Lake, and Alaska for the first time) and who doesn't (BG, Ferris)?

Also, who of the eight teams in the middle misses out on the playoffs? The Alaska schools are at the bottom of the table right now, and Bemidji hasn't won in regulation in eleven games.

If you have ideas, I'd love to hear them, including why. I think that UAH has another 2-5 points left in its bag of tricks.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          Okay, here's a serious question. The WCHA is, generally

Ferris (22 pts — remember, they have two games in hand on Mankato)
                          Everyone else (11-20 pts, especially with four teams log-jammed at 14pts)
                          UAH (2 pts)

The matter of who is the top of "everyone else" changes from week to week. Mankato is on a nice run, and BG seems to have recovered nicely from dropping a game to the Chargers. Is anyone going to turn into a clear #2 (or #3 if there are two teams), or is it going to be a muddle in terms of just trying to get in #2-4 so you have home games? Is it a matter of who gets to play UAH in this stretch (including Tech, Lake, and Alaska for the first time) and who doesn't (BG, Ferris)?

Also, who of the eight teams in the middle misses out on the playoffs? The Alaska schools are at the bottom of the table right now, and Bemidji hasn't won in regulation in eleven games.

If you have ideas, I'd love to hear them, including why. I think that UAH has another 2-5 points left in its bag of tricks.

GFM
                          For some reason I have a fear 2 of those points for UAH will be when they play LSSU. Although LSSU should not take UAH lightly as the only win Alabama-Huntsville had last year was against the Lakers.

Comment

I will say that I'm content with NMU's position right now... We're coming off a solid weekend against BSU and we do have 2 games in hand over most in front of us... I do wish we were in action this week to keep things going however...

Historically NMU has been a 2nd half team, although that has simmered down in the past few seasons... I would like them to use the next 2 weekends to put some space between themselves and the Alaska schools... It's doable... From there on out, it becomes harder to forecast... The next month of the schedule is against everyone who they will be around in the standings... Win at home/split on the road becomes the mantra there... I'm sorry to say this in front of the UAH folk, but I am glad that we end with them... As long as the Cats stay focused, it should be 4 points that weekend, which is always nice come clutch time...

Overall, I think home ice is a very solid goal... Probably 4th, maybe 3rd... 2nd is probably a longshot...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Now is a pretty good time to look at it, since exactly 70 out of 140 league games have been played.

I think you can put Minnesota State as a pretty clear #2. They're 8-1 in their last nine league games, and as close to first place as they are to third place(2 point difference w/ two games in hand). The rest of the league is pretty crazy. There's a team with 14 points that would host a first round playoff series and a team with 11 points that would miss the playoffs entirely. I feel like Michigan Tech is a better team than their record shows and could have a big second half. Northern Michigan, for all they've gone through, is a sleeper too. They're 4th in the standings if you go by winning percentage, and have the best goalie in the league.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                Now is a pretty good time to look at it, since exactly 70 out of 140 league games have been played.

I think you can put Minnesota State as a pretty clear #2. They're 8-1 in their last nine league games, and as close to first place as they are to third place(2 point difference w/ two games in hand). The rest of the league is pretty crazy. There's a team with 14 points that would host a first round playoff series and a team with 11 points that would miss the playoffs entirely. I feel like Michigan Tech is a better team than their record shows and could have a big second half. Northern Michigan, for all they've gone through, is a sleeper too. They're 4th in the standings if you go by winning percentage, and have the best goalie in the league.
                                IF Michigan Tech can get out of its scoring funk, it will do some damage, but they can't continue to make every goalie look like Patrick Roy...its getting old.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X