Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fire Seth Appert

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    Tell me FlagDUDE have you ever played sports in your life? Have you ever coached a team in your life? Im being completely serious here, I've played sports and coached in my life and if it was as easy as your making it seem, then we would all be in some Hall of Fame somewhere. Give it up on the Fire Appert crap. I get it your entitled to your opinions and thats fine but stop being an armchair coach and go coach a team. Let me watch and then slam all your mistakes.
    Don't feed him, please. He loves the attention.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Don't feed him, please. He loves the attention.
      I had to get this off my chest and am now done with this.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        Tell me FlagDUDE have you ever played sports in your life? Have you ever coached a team in your life? Im being completely serious here, I've played sports and coached in my life and if it was as easy as your making it seem, then we would all be in some Hall of Fame somewhere. Give it up on the Fire Appert crap. I get it your entitled to your opinions and thats fine but stop being an armchair coach and go coach a team. Let me watch and then slam all your mistakes. Besides, if you were face to face with Coach Appert, I highly doubt you would tell him half the stuff you have been posting lately. Glad you got your keyboard muscles on and know it all about how to coach winning hockey teams. Cant wait to see your team go undefeated. Good luck buddy.
        You seem to be the know-it-all by your post, so enlighten us: How do you win a second and third period? And given what I saw with Colgate, Dartmouth, and Sacred Heart, don't tell me conditioning has something to do with it, because it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          You seem to be the know-it-all by your post, so enlighten us: How do you win a second and third period? And given what I saw with Colgate, Dartmouth, and Sacred Heart, don't tell me conditioning has something to do with it, because it doesn't.
          I don't give advice out for free anymore. I'm not making money off this team so I will let you continue to enlighten us with your free advice on how to be a winning hockey team.
          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

This conversation is getting really sad and/or pathetic. Why would we even think of letting go of Seth Appert right now? Who would we replace him with that is a much more talented head coach and is actually available to fill the role? I really can't think of anyone. I refuse to be an armchair coach and I refuse to put all of the blame for RPI's struggles on the coaching staff alone. The players are still a factor, and maybe they have to learn to play a full 60 minutes and Appert has done everything he can to motivate them.

Regardless, filling the USCHO Fan Forum with mass amounts of negativity and deconstructive conversation isn't really going to solve anyone's problems or make them feel any better about RPI's team.
            Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
              I refuse to be an armchair coach.
              Why?? The majority of posters on this board are!!
              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

This conversation is getting really sad and/or pathetic. Why would we even think of letting go of Seth Appert right now? Who would we replace him with that is a much more talented head coach and is actually available to fill the role? I really can't think of anyone. I refuse to be an armchair coach and I refuse to put all of the blame for RPI's struggles on the coaching staff alone. The players are still a factor, and maybe they have to learn to play a full 60 minutes and Appert has done everything he can to motivate them.

Regardless, filling the USCHO Fan Forum with mass amounts of negativity and deconstructive conversation isn't really going to solve anyone's problems or make them feel any better about RPI's team.
                FlagDud's available. He can teach the team how to stand on a stage and wave a banner.

How do you win a second and third period?

Simple. Score more goals than the other team. Last I checked, a coach isn't out on the ice making that happen. Next question.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

So when are we going to stop getting mediocre recruits that have regular and predictable meltdowns from season to season, and get rid of this coach that can't make adjustments to save his life?

Comment

So when are we going to stop getting mediocre recruits that have regular and predictable meltdowns from season to season, and get rid of this coach that can't make adjustments to save his life?
                    Totally agree. If Appert was a student with this performance he would have been put on probation and then flunked out long ago. The homers who habituate this board are satisfied with these results? Keep smoking your own fumes boys. Time to change 'em up. He can't recruit players with heart. He can't motivate. He can't make mid-game adjustments. And he can't get them to play as a unit. Against the good teams we fold like a cheap suit. Dream on those who think Rensselaer is going to win out. Look at the polls that just came out. Rensselaer has fallen off the also-rans. You have a point in that we might be competitive in the AHA - maybe.
                    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Well, well,well what does it take for Seth Appert to keep his job. Is making it to Lake Placid enough? For many of you underachievers I am sure that's enough. For me it's not. Getting in the championship game and loosing..... You can come back and play at hfh next year anything less take a walk. I am soo sick of excuses win baby!!!!!

Comment

Why did we have to revive this disaster of a thread?
                        Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Why did we have to revive this disaster of a thread?
                          Bad threads never die. At best they lie dormant for years like plague spores.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            well, if everyone would just stop posting....

oops!
                            I know this is a sensitive subjective. Some people posting on the site have a relationship with Seth. So they will not be forthcoming. Others follow, others attack just to attack.
                            I am asking what do we expect this year? What do we have a right to
                            expect? Please post don't be afraid RC can't hurt you
                            Last edited by Beman; 02-12-2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                              Please post don't be afraid RC can't hurt you
                              And that, is why you fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                                I know this is a sensitive subjective. Some people posting on the site have a relationship with Seth. So they will not be forthcoming. Others follow, others attack just to attack.
                                I am asking what do we expect this year? What do we have a right to
                                expect? Please post don't be afraid RC can't hurt you
                                The reason I started the thread has been rectified. But if you'd like to bring up the subject, a trip to the league championship weekend would be sufficient. It's been 12 years. In the long run, we'd be expected to make it once every three years. Give a little time for an anomaly caused in the short run, but nine years is a bit much. There are a lot of issues with this team, especially in some of the team's strategies, which would lie on the coaching staff for preparedness. It isn't 100% of the blame. Sadly some of it, though, we cannot control.

Comment

Working...
                                X