Merrimack Offseason Thread - Summer 2013 - Hampus on Campus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack Offseason Thread - Summer 2013 - Hampus on Campus

Lucky we have guys like you to fill that role. This kid is going to school for a different field and will be working with his families company, which is substantial

You will get nothing and like it

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      Lucky we have guys like you to fill that role. This kid is going to school for a different field and will be working with his families company, which is substantial

You will get nothing and like it
      It continues to amaze me the ridiculous comments some people make regarding college. I was fortunate enough to play a sport in college and am proud of being a college graduate, but there are plenty of fields where people can make a great living without a college degree. Most successful plumbers, electricians, contractors make more than teachers...Not saying money is the end all, but it infuriates me when people suggest that just because Holland isn't going to Merrimack he'll be a ditchdigger.

The Holland family owns a synthetic ice surface in their hometown of Woburn.
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        It continues to amaze me the ridiculous comments some people make regarding college. I was fortunate enough to play a sport in college and am proud of being a college graduate, but there are plenty of fields where people can make a great living without a college degree. Most successful plumbers, electricians, contractors make more than teachers...Not saying money is the end all, but it infuriates me when people suggest that just because Holland isn't going to Merrimack he'll be a ditchdigger.

The Holland family owns a synthetic ice surface in their hometown of Woburn.
        They also own a real ice rink in Woburn as well. Very nice family, great kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          They also own a real ice rink in Woburn as well. Very nice family, great kid.
          I don't think anyone was looking to offend, rather just quote Caddyshack and maybe garner a chuckle. I'm sure everyone wishes him the best in his future endeavors and much like he probably has, let's all move on.

As for the team this year and those who will be suiting up, any early word on impact Froshs? Is this Providence transfer by way of the BCHL going to make an immediate impact.

Just so we're all clear and to quote Judge Smails "Well... we're waiting!". Looking forward to some college hockey in the near future.

Comment

PC transfer and Lashyn should both get a chance to immediately jump into lineup on D.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
              PC transfer and Lashyn should both get a chance to immediately jump into lineup on D.
              Good to hear, although is that competing with each other, or is Mansfield moving back to F? Just throwing the D down below to show (pairings mostly arbitrary) what we might have.

Heywood- McCarthy
              Ellis- Kolomatis
              Mansfield (?)- Lashyn/Wyszomirski/Cronin/Robertson

Comment

I think you'll see Lashyn paired with Heywood, then Ellis and Kolomatis then Mansfield-Wyszomirski/McCarthy with Cronin and Robertson as depth guys.

Comment

Originally posted by FeartheWarrior View Post
                  ...is Mansfield moving back to F?
                  I have to think they keep Mansfield on D, there are plenty of other big forwards to fill out the roster, and his strength is best utilized in the corners by stapling opposing forwards to the boards. Dennehy has been recruiting a lot of 6'2"+ forwards recently (Gould, H. Gustafsson, LeBlanc, Singleton, Hussar, Christie) so Mansfield's physicality can best be used on the back line.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but Merrimack's team this year is the 6th tallest (on average) in the nation. Height doesn't win you games, but it adds an extra element to defend - I'm all in favor...
                  "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                  "Why?"
                  "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Nice write-up on Coach Dennehy's recruiting strategy. http://www.nyhockeyjournal.com/news/...ruiting_in.php

Comment

I wish the Holland kid the best of luck. I think it is odd that he left school a week into it, but c'est la vie. I wonder where the kid will play, but it isn't Merrimack so in the end it makes no difference to me. Only 18 days until vs. McGill
                      Rinks Visited
                      DCU Center
                      Tulley Forum
                      TD Garden
                      Tsongas Arena
                      J. Thom Lawler Arena
                      Conte Forum
                      Whittemore Center
                      Agganis Arena
                      Verizon Center
                      Gutterson Fieldhouse
                      Matthews Arena
                      Thompson Arena
                      Mullins Center
                      Alfond Arena
                      Schneider Arena
                      Magness Arena
                      Ingallas Arena
                      Hart Center
                      Prudential Center
                      TD Bank Sports Center
                      John A Ryan
                      Lynah Rink
                      Appleton Arena
                      Cheel Arena
                      Germain Arena
                      XL Center
                      Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

MC recruit Drew Vogler was named as a C-grade goaltender by CSS for the 2014 NHL Draft. I can't remember what Cannata was rated back in 2008, but this is a great sign for the young recruit:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=683040
                        "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                        "Why?"
                        "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

My season tickets came in today. See everyone in 12 days. Also Merrimack picked 7th in the coaches poll. Kind of what I expected, go Warriors
                          Last edited by MCgrad07; 09-24-2013, 01:04 PM.
                          Rinks Visited
                          DCU Center
                          Tulley Forum
                          TD Garden
                          Tsongas Arena
                          J. Thom Lawler Arena
                          Conte Forum
                          Whittemore Center
                          Agganis Arena
                          Verizon Center
                          Gutterson Fieldhouse
                          Matthews Arena
                          Thompson Arena
                          Mullins Center
                          Alfond Arena
                          Schneider Arena
                          Magness Arena
                          Ingallas Arena
                          Hart Center
                          Prudential Center
                          TD Bank Sports Center
                          John A Ryan
                          Lynah Rink
                          Appleton Arena
                          Cheel Arena
                          Germain Arena
                          XL Center
                          Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

FYI, while your women's team won't start (as club team) until next season, the Boston Blades will be playing a number of 'home' games at your rink this season - http://cwhlboston.stats.pointstreak....?teamid=277085

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                            HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                            HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                              FYI, while your women's team won't start (as club team) until next season, the Boston Blades will be playing a number of 'home' games at your rink this season - http://cwhlboston.stats.pointstreak....?teamid=277085
                              No club team, but will start as Varsity in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                                No club team, but will start as Varsity in 2015.
                                Just going by the Merrimack website - http://www.merrimackathletics.com/sp...es/20121004WIH

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                                HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                                HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X