X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Hockey Scheduling Disparities

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    I didn't say they were original
    They are repetitive, though. I seem to remember the MTU counters getting up to 17 instances of Band Room Riff.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Do Wolverine fans know that any sports other than football exist?
      They made the bouncy ball championship game, so they probably know that exists.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        I thought that was all Sparty knew about...

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          Woo-hoo, we have a Lacrosse team also. I guess that is up RPI's alley.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Yeah, um, the Wolverine fan brought up football.

More jerkin'...
            The Wolerines seem to think "everyone wants to play at Yost." That couldn't be further from the truth. Everyone wants to play Michigan AT HOME!
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              This is a Dubbs Thread.

By rule, it must be a circle jerk - which you have contributed to.

Thanks!
              Stop acting like a child. You are preventing those of us who actually want to talk hockey from doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                Not sure what the future schedule is. I'd have to ask. I do know that the series with MTU is being reciprocated.

I think Michigan owed UNO a series back after they went to Yost for a series the first year they went to the W.
                Last time I checked it was a two for one, I know mtu was hoping to get a 2 for 2 but not likely.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Last time I checked it was a two for one, I know mtu was hoping to get a 2 for 2 but not likely.
                  That grueling 74 minute flight is a tough trip. You can't expect them to do that twice! And the fact that Houghton doesn't have any five star hotels or four star gourmet restaurants makes it tough as well. If they have to stay at the Magnusson and have a pregame meal at Gino's I don't know how they'll make it.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    That grueling 74 minute flight is a tough trip. You can't expect them to do that twice! And the fact that Houghton doesn't have any five star hotels or four star gourmet restaurants makes it tough as well. If they have to stay at the Magnusson and have a pregame meal at Gino's I don't know how they'll make it.
                    they fly charter I take it? Cause there is no direct flight from Detroit to Houghton.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

they fly charter I take it? Cause there is no direct flight from Detroit to Houghton.
                      There are direct flights to Marquette from Detroit. They flew charter as well.
                      Last edited by davyd83; 05-25-2013, 01:51 AM.

Comment

I hate to resurrect this thread, because the old one devolved into such a pizzing contest, but it seems to me that this article (you need to read down a bit; the first part relates to the Regional Structure) mentions a much better approach to the scheduling disparity issue. I think it would also argue for changing to some KRACH-like system for determining the tournament makeup, because KRACH, at least as I understand it, is better equipped to consider home/away scheduling disparities than the clumsy “Bonus Points” system that was used before.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...g_regional.php

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                          I hate to resurrect this thread, because the old one devolved into such a pizzing contest, but it seems to me that this article (you need to read down a bit; the first part relates to the Regional Structure) mentions a much better approach to the scheduling disparity issue. I think it would also argue for changing to some KRACH-like system for determining the tournament makeup, because KRACH, at least as I understand it, is better equipped to consider home/away scheduling disparities than the clumsy “Bonus Points” system that was used before.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...g_regional.php
                          Good read. Thanks!

Comment

Wouldn't it be hard to land a big jet there in Houghton, Michigan... I remember when UND flew to Houghton to play MTU in football during the Division II football playoffs and that airport landing strip was an issue.
                            Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                            Eric's Twitter
                            The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                              Wouldn't it be hard to land a big jet there in Houghton, Michigan... I remember when UND flew to Houghton to play MTU in football during the Division II football playoffs and that airport landing strip was an issue.
                              A big jet? Sure, but there are daily flights into houghton. When it was delta out of Minneapolis there were 3 flights a day. last flight in and first flight out were a 4 across jet, the other flights were turbo prop.

Comment

A big jet? Sure, but there are daily flights into houghton. When it was delta out of Minneapolis there were 3 flights a day. last flight in and first flight out were a 4 across jet, the other flights were turbo prop.
                                Now I heard they have the Saab Jets. No more Delta eh?
                                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                                Eric's Twitter
                                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X